SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Aug 21, 2012, 11:31 PM
Joined Feb 2003
3,759 Posts
Discussion
DJI 550 ... yeesh what is with these motor leads?

I bought a F550 kit complete with the motors/escs/props because I want to use it to benchmark flight times against the custom hexacopters I am building ( http://xnaron.com ). I took the motor out of the package and I noticed the way the leads come out of the motor (see pics). They don't come out flush with the bottom. I looked at one of the DJI arms and noticed the way the screw holes line up and the leads won't go out one of the side holes. If I put the motor on the arm the leads are going to get squished into the arm when I tighten down the screws. It usually isn't a good idea to put any undue strain on these wires. I have to think though that it isn't a problem with the number of kits they are selling. Is it normal for these leads to come out at such an angle from the motors and get squished into the arm when you tighten it down?
Xnaron is offline Find More Posts by Xnaron
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 22, 2012, 03:18 AM
Mmmmmmm!
Kingdom of Sweden, Dalarna County, Sater
Joined Oct 2011
3,353 Posts
It'll be alright, just make sure the bullets are OK. They're not always soldered properly, one of mine came right off when I pulled on it a bit. That particular motor caused a minor crash that chewed up a bunch of Graupners and dinged one arm.
WiseDuck is offline Find More Posts by WiseDuck
Old Aug 22, 2012, 01:46 PM
Joined Feb 2003
3,759 Posts
Thanks I will double check those.
Xnaron is offline Find More Posts by Xnaron