HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by lmopar69, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Aug 21, 2012, 09:00 PM
Team Cobra!!! Ssssssss!
United States, NE, Doniphan
Joined Feb 2005
7,853 Posts
Discussion
Forward swept wings...

These little buggers are soooo much fun, I figured I'd build a dozen of them. Gonna take a bunch to Tullahoma in early Sep, and some more to Hodges for HHAEFI! So, save some money and buy one or two from me guys!

Planes are built and include:
Castle Creations Thunderbird 18
Suppo 1800kv motor
APC 7x4E prop
prop adapter
9 gram servos
Dubro 2/56 kwik links
Deans connectors

Just add your RX and 1300mah lipo.
lmopar69 is online now Find More Posts by lmopar69
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 21, 2012, 10:56 PM
Flutter-Bys are fun
United States, MI, Honor
Joined Dec 2005
5,045 Posts
How much, did I miss it??

Look cool really cool.

Conehead
Orrin Eldred
Conehead is offline Find More Posts by Conehead
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: TRAMPS Air Show, 28-June 2014
Old Aug 22, 2012, 07:38 AM
Team Cobra!!! Ssssssss!
Joined Feb 2005
7,853 Posts
No, you didnt miss it Orrin. Im still trying to decide exactly how much to sell them for. As you know, since I do the Army thing, the planes are just done when I have the time. So, I guess you'd say its a limited production. Also, cutting and building them takes up most of my free time.

So, putting a price on them is hard for me. I always feel like its too high, the wife always feels like its too low.

My goal, make enough profit to make it worth my time, have a bit of extra money for going to fun flys etc...

That said, how much would you be willing to pay for a 24" RX ready EPP plane? I guess a little research would help me get a rough estimate. As a baseline idea, a RX ready Foaminator sells for $80 + shipping. Those are flat depron.

Laine.
Old Aug 22, 2012, 04:41 PM
Victoria Super Mortem
BIRMINGHAM ALABAMA
Joined Jan 2006
1,459 Posts
Got to Show it...

If these are like the one you made me fly at SEFF... in the 20 mph winds on Tuesday... show some video.... then you'll get some orders.. That thing is a blast... the bomb dot com so to speak... I'll take one ... at the brother in law price ... of course...

Bo
UBILDIT is offline Find More Posts by UBILDIT
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: LaTrax Alias with a 1Si Camera
Old Aug 22, 2012, 06:30 PM
Team Cobra!!! Ssssssss!
Joined Feb 2005
7,853 Posts
These are the same ones Bo. I'll get some video of them at one point or another. And yes, I will make sure you get one at the aforementioned "brother in law price".

Laine.
Old Aug 23, 2012, 01:57 PM
Victoria Super Mortem
BIRMINGHAM ALABAMA
Joined Jan 2006
1,459 Posts
yes...

Heh Heh Heh..... sweet!
UBILDIT is offline Find More Posts by UBILDIT
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: LaTrax Alias with a 1Si Camera
Old Aug 23, 2012, 05:03 PM
Flutter-Bys are fun
United States, MI, Honor
Joined Dec 2005
5,045 Posts
Laine,
They are cool looking. I doubt I could fly one. My skills are at the other end of the RC spectrum, so to speak. I can fly the Horizon stuff, Corsair, Trojan, I got a lot of micros, even a couple of those I haven't flown, Air Taxi, I don't want to ruin it.

What I would do is figure out how long it takes for you to make one. Cutting, gluing, painting, some pretty neat paint jobs, I like bright colors, but what you have done is fine. You should make money, no one works for free, so say you make $20 an hour, figure the time plus materials. I don't know what servos you are using, but heck $10 a piece plus all the other stuff, at least $140 or so would be fine.. The foaminator is pretty straight forward, much easier to build. You got lots of work.

So some where between $100 to $150 Depending on components.

I know you want to get them out there, you want to make something, you want to have fun. I won't be close so you will have to sell them where you are, air shows, SEFF and the other stuff you go to.

It is your design, have fun.

I just thought I missed the price.
Conehead
Orrin Eldred
Conehead is offline Find More Posts by Conehead
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: TRAMPS Air Show, 28-June 2014