Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
This thread is privately moderated by DismayingObservation, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Aug 21, 2012, 08:16 PM
Transmogrified.
Southern California
Joined Feb 2006
2,829 Posts
Discussion
Back to the Frankenstein thing...

Well, I did it. I broke down and coughed up 30 bucks for a blow-molded plastic fuselage for the stalled Flyzone SkyFly 2 brushless conversion.

Now all I have to do is to take the bits and pieces off of the old, damaged fuselage, put them on the new fuselage and - with any luck - I'll have a fun, flyable three-channel thermal chaser.

As I learned on these boards and pointed out in a recent entry, misalignment of the boom with the pod results in a model plane which will not fly. Really. It scooted nicely across the ground, but no takeoff. The somewhat weak original power system contributed to a few rather bumpy meetings twixt model and ground. It did in fact fly and fly well prior to the fuselage failure.

This new part should take care of all of that and I'll have what is essentially a new plane.

I guess the thing which made me tumble was an article in Model Aviation in which a contributor made several unusual airplanes out of some clearance sale-priced Flyzone Sky Hawk parts.

Still deciding on a receiver. I have a presently unused Airtronics 92254 2.4GHz six-channel, but it's slated for a future review project. I may go the 72MHz route with a four-channel Berg Microstamp and dust off my trusty old Hitec Laser 4 in the meantime. If this monstrosity refuses to fly, I'd rather stuff it in with a tiny little Berg than a pricey Airtronics.

This should be fun!
DismayingObservation is offline Find More Posts by DismayingObservation
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts