SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Aug 21, 2012, 06:42 PM
Philippines, Central Luzon, Marilao
Joined Jun 2008
541 Posts
Discussion
Nikon j1 v1 live video feed

I know from old discussions that people are asking if the j1and v1 has live video feed. For the sake of answering that question.

From research the j1 has live video feed from the mini hdmi. The v1 also has video from its a/v out and the hdmi. Ofcourse with proper Signal conversion. Users say its usable for aerial photography for image framing.

I hope the users can chime in to strengthen the claim. Got my info from the net and some of the users he in rcgroups.

Cheers
rukie is offline Find More Posts by rukie
to remove ads between posts
Old May 18, 2013, 03:04 PM
Joined Sep 2012
12 Posts
Hi everyone

I am busy doing some research on which camera system to go for when I found this post. I hope you do not mind me bumping this post to see if any one has more info on the J1 and V1 cameras as a reliable aerial imaging system?

Thanks
Herman
HermanBo is offline Find More Posts by HermanBo
Old May 19, 2013, 12:18 AM
Joined Mar 2010
1,195 Posts
Most cameras nowadays have live video feed but mostly in digital form.
FlyingMcCoy is offline Find More Posts by FlyingMcCoy
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Indoor 3d
Old May 19, 2013, 08:55 AM
Copperopolis, CA
Joined Sep 2003
1,008 Posts
I use the V1 on my Hexa for still photos. With my configuration, I downlink the live-view from the camera (using the USB & A/V port) to a monitor on the ground. This works with video as well, but I typically do not use the camera for video.

Jack
jforkner is offline Find More Posts by jforkner
Old May 19, 2013, 03:37 PM
Joined Sep 2012
12 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingMcCoy View Post
Most cameras nowadays have live video feed but mostly in digital form.
Thanks for your comment, but I am far too nervous to drop cash for a decent modern camera for the primary purpose of FPV AP without knowing for a fact whether it does or does not support live video output. For instance, I have a Samsung NX11 which I purchased a little under 2 years ago and it is an amazing mirrorless camera with both HDMI and AV out ports. The sad thing is these output ports are only for replay mode and cannot be used for live feed and as such completely useless as a AP tool as I am unable to compose the shot. As soon as you plug in either cable it immediately enables review mode. Therefore I would caution just buying any modern camera with a HDMI or AV out port as that does not mean it will work for our purpose:-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jforkner View Post
I use the V1 on my Hexa for still photos. With my configuration, I downlink the live-view from the camera (using the USB & A/V port) to a monitor on the ground. This works with video as well, but I typically do not use the camera for video.

Jack
Thanks Jack. Exactly the confirmation I was looking for! How are you triggering the camera?

Thanks for commenting! There is so much info on here for the NEX system but almost nothing on this model:-)
HermanBo is offline Find More Posts by HermanBo
Old May 23, 2013, 06:35 PM
Copperopolis, CA
Joined Sep 2003
1,008 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by HermanBo View Post
How are you triggering the camera?
I set the interval timer---typically for 10 sec.

Jack
jforkner is offline Find More Posts by jforkner