HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by Daryoon, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Aug 21, 2012, 12:46 PM
San Diego, CA
Joined Dec 2010
5,545 Posts
Mini-HowTo
FS-TH9x and Turnigy "Thro Reverse?" question

When setting up your transmitter stick MODE on the FS-TH9x, Turnigy 9x, Eurgle, IMAX-9x, etc... you get prompted a question "THRO REVERSE?"

Here is how to answer it appropriately...

First, the steps to set your transmitter's MODE:

Go to [STICK SET ] in your System Settings. Select the Mode you fly, i.e. Mode 2. Press the menu button to set and go to the next screen.

When you get prompted "THRO REVERSE?"

menu button = YES
exit button = NO

The following is info pertinent to the WL Toys v929...
The way you answer the above changes the way you set the Throttle Channel.
  • If you hit the menu button to answer YES, then in the [REVERSE] menu, you have to set both your Elevator and Throttle to reverse. Just like the YouTube video said to do.
  • Now, if your answer to that question was NO, using the EXIT button. Then in the [REVERSE] menu, the only channel you needed to reverse is Elevator. Throttle should be set to normal.

For confirmation, I just checked on my Turnigy 9x with er9x firmware. The only channel I had to invert/reverse to fly the v929 is the Elevator channel.

Hope that all makes sense. And for the rest of the community, we need to be careful on how we instruct new Turnigy/TH9x user who's trying to program their radio for the v929, v911, etc. Whether the throttle channel needs to be reversed depends on how they answer the "THRO REVERSE?" question during stick mode setup.
Daryoon is online now Find More Posts by Daryoon
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 28, 2012, 06:58 PM
Flying mostly micro's
United States, WV, Vienna
Joined Mar 2007
606 Posts
Thanks bro very good info to know, thanks for sharing..., I may pick up the new v3 929 next week...
BlueHavoc is offline Find More Posts by BlueHavoc
Old Sep 05, 2012, 10:05 AM
We can rebuild it!
United Kingdom, Wales, Swansea
Joined Apr 2010
3,511 Posts
I've just ordered the V929 main board and V939 props to build my own DIY quad with the S107 motos I have, I'll just have to MOD my 9958 Tx elevator channel till I can afford a 9x/build Dave1993's DIY 9x
djdavies83 is online now Find More Posts by djdavies83