HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by Mike_Then, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Sep 16, 2012, 02:57 AM
Joined Jan 2010
2,876 Posts
Couple month ago I cancelled my copper line phone after 36 years of service. What a peace!
I was getting daily 5 unwanted pushe calls but every time I try to call somewhere I had to talk to the machines! What a f*up world we live in. I wish I was back in golden '60's.
jofro is offline Find More Posts by jofro
Old Oct 09, 2012, 10:45 PM
United States, CT, Oxford
Joined Oct 2012
65 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texair View Post
LMFAO!!!!! then there's the scouts and the sports teams ambushing people.
Sometimes if I am in a good mood and the Donation workers are young children I will mess with them. Its kind of interesting to me to watch the parents face go from laughing to concern when I come out of the store and the 10 year old brownie troop all shout in unison, " would you like to by a candy bar?" and I stop and say.. "That was horrible, do it again, with more feeling this time!" so they all shout in unison again, then I look at them with a fake, disgusted look on my face.. the kids will usually giggle some and the mothers will laugh and play along untill I say, "Thats it, this is the last time I work with children" as I walk away....lol

I only get about 5 steps before I turn around cracking up and come back to stick a buck or two in their jar and tell them to keep the candy bar.

I do hate the older folks who want you to buy raffle tix for cars or motorcycles and such... i cant win a new Vette, I cant pay the tax on it. Well, maybe if it were a "Chevette" and not that "other" , more expensive one... lol
zacker is offline Find More Posts by zacker
Old Oct 09, 2012, 10:56 PM
United States, CT, Oxford
Joined Oct 2012
65 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jofro View Post
Couple month ago I cancelled my copper line phone after 36 years of service. What a peace!
I was getting daily 5 unwanted pushe calls but every time I try to call somewhere I had to talk to the machines! What a f*up world we live in. I wish I was back in golden '60's.
do you mean back when someone would actually answer their phone if they were home or iit would ring and ring if no one was there or if they just didnt wanna answer it? I remember there was an ad or something on TV and it said something like "Wait 7 rings before hanging up in case someone is on their way to answer the call" lol... I also remember the ad with the "Tips" for long distance calling... like to make a list of stuff you want to say. Someone needs to start a "remember when" thread i think!

I too wish it were about 40 years ago right now, Id only be 7!
zacker is offline Find More Posts by zacker