HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 17, 2012, 11:56 PM
I'm not lost, they are
Co.
Joined Jan 2005
1,405 Posts
Well I just checked my ESC, I don't have that mystery component on mine either. Is the servo lead long enough without it??

On the issue of tape, I used the green Frog Tape for gluing process with no paint loss.
pullup! is online now Find More Posts by pullup!
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 18, 2012, 12:16 PM
Salinas, CA
Joined Dec 2007
484 Posts
Glued my snap in half fuselage with CA so no tape needed for this repair job. Took her out this morning!!

Accidently flew with a 3s 2200 40c battery on my first flight. Got mixed up with my 4s batts (early morning and didn't drink my coffee!). She flew pretty good... lack of power. At first I thought I had an issue with the motor or esc but I kept her in the air and flew pretty good just lacking climbing power. Put the 4s batt and oh yeah I got power!!!
jl449 is offline Find More Posts by jl449
Old Nov 18, 2012, 07:43 PM
Pacific Northwest
Joined Jan 2009
356 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pullup! View Post
Well I just checked my ESC, I don't have that mystery component on mine either. Is the servo lead long enough without it??

On the issue of tape, I used the green Frog Tape for gluing process with no paint loss.
Thanks for checking it out and weighing in. I got an updated one since my gear fit without mods so I wonder if they added it later for some reason. I'm leaning on taking it out since none of the planes I've seen or owned has had one. Still wish I knew what it was though.

I also noticed the motor will not arm until you move to full throttle then back to zero throttle. This is only required the first time you plug it in, afterward it arms at zero throttle on power up like normal.
crawlspace is offline Find More Posts by crawlspace
Old Nov 19, 2012, 06:35 PM
"Spark Chaser"
United States, WI, Middleton
Joined Jun 2004
351 Posts
I am just about finished building my Devil ... I too have the mystery circuit

It is on a little extension on the ESC servo connection. Small circuit board in black shrink wrap.

No idea what it is. Nothing in the manual about it. Sure would be nice to know what it is for. My guess is it is some sort of voltage regulator ... but who knows for sure.

FWIW, the landing gear on my Devil fit perfectly. So that issue appears to be addressed. Paint is not quite as nice as on my Peaks (Pitts). But not too horrible. Would be nice to have a couple of color schemes to choose from like Peaks.

I won't be using the Devil decals... it is after all an Ultimate. :-)
jokeane is offline Find More Posts by jokeane
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Le Fish aerobatic slope glider
Old Nov 21, 2012, 07:10 AM
Carlos G.
United States, UT, Centerville
Joined Aug 2008
854 Posts
Well guys, I got 1 of these plans for my birthday. No I haven't have anything but problems with these new plane. After I finished putting it together I funded out that the ESC wasn't powering up the Rx, sended that back to NP for a replacement. I installed a 60a esc I have and now I have power to the Rx, but now I know that the two servos in the tail are BAD..........so I guess I have to replace does too. Here is a link to a video I just made showing the problems with the plane
NITROPLANES DYNAM DEVIL3D REVIEW "BAD" (6 min 11 sec)
crgonzalez08 is offline Find More Posts by crgonzalez08
Old Nov 21, 2012, 09:06 AM
Turn up the G's !!!!
United States, VA, Virginia Beach
Joined Jul 2010
722 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by crgonzalez08 View Post
Well guys, I got 1 of these plans for my birthday. No I haven't have anything but problems with these new plane. After I finished putting it together I funded out that the ESC wasn't powering up the Rx, sended that back to NP for a replacement. I installed a 60a esc I have and now I have power to the Rx, but now I know that the two servos in the tail are BAD..........so I guess I have to replace does too. Here is a link to a video I just made showing the problems with the plane
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=asBg...e_gdata_player
Check the extention wire that is connected to the servos in the rear. Maybe it is plugged together backwards. Last time I did this the servo didn't work. But, I can't remeber if the servo moved like that when plugged into the receiver.
dskalski is offline Find More Posts by dskalski
Old Nov 21, 2012, 02:45 PM
Carlos G.
Joined Aug 2008
854 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dskalski View Post
Check the extention wire that is connected to the servos in the rear. Maybe it is plugged together backwards. Last time I did this the servo didn't work. But, I can't remeber if the servo moved like that when plugged into the receiver.
I took the servos out and try them straight from the Rx and they are busted, don't know what's wrong with them, one will just move slowly to one side and the other one it totally dead
Old Nov 21, 2012, 11:17 PM
Nashville TN, USA
Joined Jun 2004
1,284 Posts
Quote:
I took the servos out and try them straight from the Rx and they are busted, don't know what's wrong with them, one will just move slowly to one side and the other one it totally dead
I assume you have tried plugging another servo into the reciever and it works correctly?

What are the odds of BOTH servos being bad at the same time? I wouldn't think it was that until I hada servo work correctly in the reciever....some recievers I have had had the signal wire facing in one direction....while another brand faced in the opposite direction. Do the ailerons work OK?
mjdee14 is online now Find More Posts by mjdee14
Old Nov 22, 2012, 11:31 PM
Carlos G.
Joined Aug 2008
854 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjdee14 View Post
I assume you have tried plugging another servo into the reciever and it works correctly?

What are the odds of BOTH servos being bad at the same time? I wouldn't think it was that until I hada servo work correctly in the reciever....some recievers I have had had the signal wire facing in one direction....while another brand faced in the opposite direction. Do the ailerons work OK?
yeah, alerons where OK, just the two 18g servos where bad, they didn't work on any Rx i try'm with one just moves one way and the other is totally dead.
But I installed new servos on and test fly it today, it flys really good. Im running 4s2200mhA 40C batteries and the plane haves power but not as much as I thought it will have, Im not sure if is because we are at 4000 feet asl in Salt Lake City, UT.
Old Nov 23, 2012, 12:26 PM
Nashville TN, USA
Joined Jun 2004
1,284 Posts
Quote:
yeah, alerons where OK, just the two 18g servos where bad, they didn't work on any Rx i try'm with one just moves one way and the other is totally dead.
But I installed new servos on and test fly it today, it flys really good. Im running 4s2200mhA 40C batteries and the plane haves power but not as much as I thought it will have, Im not sure if is because we are at 4000 feet asl in Salt Lake City, UT.
Glad you got it sorted out......but "Shame on Dynam" for using such crummy servos. with as cheap as decent servos are today....there is no reason ot have servos that either fail, don't work or have caused several crashes. Several of my buddies are flying the Dynam t28 and thsoe servos hold up fine....
mjdee14 is online now Find More Posts by mjdee14
Old Nov 24, 2012, 09:32 AM
Joined Jan 2012
34 Posts
Has anyone been able to find this model in kit form? I would rather put my own set up into this like I did with my peaks.
Fearse is offline Find More Posts by Fearse
Old Dec 03, 2012, 12:30 AM
Salinas, CA
Joined Dec 2007
484 Posts
Just ordered my 2nd Devil. Lost my first one due to a fire
I almost went with the Pitts but I decided to stick with the devil. I had a blast with the first one.
Now I'm looking to replace my Dx6 with either a 7 or an 8. Any suggestions?
Old Dec 03, 2012, 07:13 AM
United States, NC, Charlotte
Joined Jan 2007
1,095 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jl449 View Post
Just ordered my 2nd Devil. Lost my first one due to a fire
I almost went with the Pitts but I decided to stick with the devil. I had a blast with the first one.
Now I'm looking to replace my Dx6 with either a 7 or an 8. Any suggestions?
I have 6 and 7 my friend has 8. Interface and programming is similar on 6 and 8 different on 7. I would verify that 6 and 8 are similar, but I know for sure 6 nand 7 are way different. Wish I had gone with 8 to keep programming similar.

Tim
w4yn is online now Find More Posts by w4yn
Old Dec 03, 2012, 08:03 AM
Addicted To Flying Foam
United States, NE, Bennington
Joined Jan 2010
4,505 Posts
I just got the DX8 this weekend for my b-day. Strongly recommend it

Kman
kman24 is online now Find More Posts by kman24
Old Dec 03, 2012, 12:46 PM
Salinas, CA
Joined Dec 2007
484 Posts
I'm getting an 8. who has the best prices on the net?