HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 28, 2012, 04:09 PM
Salinas, CA
Joined Dec 2007
478 Posts
I'm starting to do 3D. This is my next step plane. I been flying my UMX beast and been doing light 3D (inverts, hovers (a few seconds) knife edging and so on. Lately I've been flying my 50mm EDFs which is a blast but there's only so much you can do. The beast I can throw it around just get a good kick out of it.
So now im going into a 40". I'll be taking it slow as I don't want to destroy it on my first week of having it!! I was going to buy the Dynam peak biplane but I decided to wait and buy this one. The wings are carbon fiber reinforced which I thought was pretty good.
jl449 is online now Find More Posts by jl449
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 28, 2012, 07:05 PM
"Aircraftus Fragmentum"
Motor City USA
Joined Mar 2007
3,549 Posts
Received mine today, no damage.

Right from the start....sloppy paint and lots of factory flubbs in the white areas.... bummer. Worst DYNAM yet I have bought..... they are getting sloppy. Nitroplanes.... got to check Quality Control, they are having issues.

Next issue right off at step 1.....the landing gear supplied are WRONG and do not fit the plane....more QC issues............I have stopped. Not happy..... will wait for new gear that are actually made for this plane.

So far....not recommended.
kydawg1 is offline Find More Posts by kydawg1
Old Sep 29, 2012, 12:38 AM
Salinas, CA
Joined Dec 2007
478 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kydawg1 View Post
Received mine today, no damage.

Right from the start....sloppy paint and lots of factory flubbs in the white areas.... bummer. Worst DYNAM yet I have bought..... they are getting sloppy. Nitroplanes.... got to check Quality Control, they are having issues.

Next issue right off at step 1.....the landing gear supplied are WRONG and do not fit the plane....more QC issues............I have stopped. Not happy..... will wait for new gear that are actually made for this plane.

So far....not recommended.
Serves us right right for buying the first batch . I have the same problem!!
Wrong landing gear and to add to it the screw hole for the landing gear (in the body) is filled with glue.
Well I did buy the ARF version so I guess they really mean almost but a long almost!! I have a feeling this hole batch is like this. Well I know Nitro will make things right so I'm not too worried about it.
I agree about the paint job. They could work on their skills!! But it will be ok when its in the air!
Old Sep 29, 2012, 07:28 PM
"Aircraftus Fragmentum"
Motor City USA
Joined Mar 2007
3,549 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jl449 View Post

Serves us right right for buying the first batch . I have the same problem!!
Wrong landing gear and to add to it the screw hole for the landing gear (in the body) is filled with glue.
Well I did buy the ARF version so I guess they really mean almost but a long almost!! I have a feeling this hole batch is like this. Well I know Nitro will make things right so I'm not too worried about it.
I agree about the paint job. They could work on their skills!! But it will be ok when its in the air!

Yep - I have posted the issue with picts of gear on RCDISCUSS.....
kydawg1 is offline Find More Posts by kydawg1
Old Oct 01, 2012, 08:13 PM
Salinas, CA
Joined Dec 2007
478 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kydawg1 View Post
Yep - I have posted the issue with picts of gear on RCDISCUSS.....
I called Nitro today. They said they just learned about the landing gear issue. They addressed the issue to Dynam and told me they don't know how long it will take to get the right landing gear. They did offer to return or exhange the plane. The person said he will email me in a few days when the ETA for the landing gear. I'll wait for now and if the ETA is over 2 weeks I'm returning it.
Old Oct 01, 2012, 08:47 PM
Addicted To Flying Foam
United States, NE, Bennington
Joined Jan 2010
4,292 Posts
That really stinks about the wrong LG on this plane. Dynam usually has the problem of putting the wrong pilot in their planes, but not this.

Kman
kman24 is online now Find More Posts by kman24
Old Oct 02, 2012, 06:16 PM
United States, NY, New York
Joined Oct 2010
1,622 Posts
wow this is surprising . the way i saw it dynam was stepping up a notch with there qualtiy and competitve prcing , i figured they would improve on what they learned from the peaks , looks like they took a step backwards .
THESANDMAN is offline Find More Posts by THESANDMAN
Old Oct 05, 2012, 03:23 PM
Addicted To Flying Foam
Joined Jan 2010
4,292 Posts
I hope they get things straightened out. It looks like a fun plane...

Dynam Devil 3D Preview (3 min 39 sec)

Kman
Old Oct 05, 2012, 05:42 PM
Salinas, CA
Joined Dec 2007
478 Posts
Nice!. I guess I can start my build and just hand launch it like Tony does at the end of the video and belly land it. I'll just wait.
They're giving us a 10% discount and will be sending us the right landing gear hopefully within 2 weeks. I may just modifiy the existing landing gear to make it work.
Thanks Kydawg for posting the issue on thier forum.
Last edited by jl449; Oct 05, 2012 at 05:50 PM.
Old Oct 05, 2012, 11:03 PM
Addicted To Flying Foam
Joined Jan 2010
4,292 Posts
Here's another one...

Dynam Pitts Devil 3D (2 min 28 sec)

Kman
Old Oct 07, 2012, 08:00 PM
Salinas, CA
Joined Dec 2007
478 Posts
Kman,
after you posted those video you got me all jazzed up! So I started my build last night. As for the landing gear well I did some mods to make it fit. Hopefully I can maiden it next week.
Old Oct 07, 2012, 10:59 PM
Addicted To Flying Foam
Joined Jan 2010
4,292 Posts
Glad I could could inspire you So what exactly was wrong with the LG supplied with the plane and what was the workaround?

Kman
Old Oct 08, 2012, 12:25 AM
Salinas, CA
Joined Dec 2007
478 Posts
The LG was too wide for the cutout in the fuselage. I had to cut the LG in half and over lap them. I drilled 2 holes to put in screws to secure the 2 halfs together. Redrilled 2 more holes to mount it in the fuselage. Other than that the plane was simple to assemble. No issues. Everything fit like a glove!

Finished balancing the propeller and installed it. She's ready. Still waiting on my zippy 4s 2200 45c batts to come in. Hopefully they will be in by Friday.
I'll probably tint out the cockpit.
Old Oct 10, 2012, 11:05 AM
Nashville TN, USA
Joined Jun 2004
1,254 Posts
What is the cowl made of on this plane? is it plastic or molded foam like the Pitts. I have to say I have crashed my pitts from 20 ft or so and the foam has taken a real beating. If the cowl is plastic....it won't last long with abuse.

I liked the pitts so much I ordered the yellow kit....for $89 with 10% off....not a bad deal for an airplane that flys as good as it does. Was going to get the Devil but the gear problem changed my mind.

Ji449....nice mod on the gear......their not going to keep you down.....!!
mjdee14 is offline Find More Posts by mjdee14
Last edited by mjdee14; Oct 10, 2012 at 11:08 AM. Reason: add
Old Oct 10, 2012, 02:30 PM
Salinas, CA
Joined Dec 2007
478 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjdee14 View Post
What is the cowl made of on this plane? is it plastic or molded foam like the Pitts. I have to say I have crashed my pitts from 20 ft or so and the foam has taken a real beating. If the cowl is plastic....it won't last long with abuse.

I liked the pitts so much I ordered the yellow kit....for $89 with 10% off....not a bad deal for an airplane that flys as good as it does. Was going to get the Devil but the gear problem changed my mind.

Ji449....nice mod on the gear......their not going to keep you down.....!!
The cowl is plastic held in place by 2 screws. Over all I'm happy with the build of this plane. Other than the LG, I like how everything fits together. I also like the engine mount. Doesn't feel flimsy. the wings are reinforce with carbon fiber rods which I thought was a good touch.
I almost maiden her yesterday with 3s 2200s but it was windy and wasn't confident running on 3s -- may be under power. I'll wait for my 4s.

As far as the LG issue... they already issued me a 10% back and hopefully will get my SPARE LG in a few weeks.