SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Feb 18, 2013, 02:59 PM
Hungary EU
Joined May 2007
2,783 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoboHeli View Post
I know a bunch of you have been flying different blades on the V939. Now that you've all had a chance to really get some experience, what are you favorite blade "upgrades"? What's worked the best from the stock V939?

For instance, the U816 seem to be a favorite of MassiveOverkill's (at least from his blog).
Just finished the micro props test with the hover only test. So I would recommend the HeliMax 1SQ with no hesitation. Sorry, but I cant recommend the Mini Pet props...at all...but I could try it on a stock H36 (arms+board) maybe on other quad it could be better, but significant NOT on my stock H36...I have felt the motors weak for that 2mm bigger propeller!
bulesz is offline Find More Posts by bulesz
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 18, 2013, 03:25 PM
RC beginner
New York
Joined Oct 2008
6,054 Posts
those were not included in my tests but at literally 20x the price of lb props and "less punch" i will pass on the extra 20 sec flight. imo that 20s is within margin of error for battery charge, temperature, and other variables anyway.
dave1993 is offline Find More Posts by dave1993
Old Feb 18, 2013, 03:43 PM
Safety : practice & promote!
Joined Dec 2011
4,896 Posts
Thanks for the replies, everyone. bulesz, thanks for the link. I must have missed that thread earlier.
RoboHeli is offline Find More Posts by RoboHeli
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 18, 2013, 03:55 PM
Hungary EU
Joined May 2007
2,783 Posts
Welcome bro! That +~1 minute is truly significant...I have tried them indoor.
Old Feb 18, 2013, 04:09 PM
RC beginner
New York
Joined Oct 2008
6,054 Posts
7:19-6:59=:20

how many trials did you run on each? if i found them at a reasonable price somewhere id pick up a set to try myself but $10 is too much for ANY prop. even gold plated.
Old Feb 18, 2013, 05:26 PM
Hungary EU
Joined May 2007
2,783 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave1993 View Post
7:19-6:59=:20

how many trials did you run on each? if i found them at a reasonable price somewhere id pick up a set to try myself but $10 is too much for ANY prop. even gold plated.
Indeed, but I have ment about the differences between the MiniPet vs HeliMax 1SQ...that was more than a minute!

The LB is quite the same as the stock. There is an UDI816 props on the way, it was like 1.5 USD for a set! and it seems to be the same as the 1SQ..so be curious..
Old Feb 18, 2013, 05:59 PM
RC beginner
New York
Joined Oct 2008
6,054 Posts
i did test 816 props and they had FAR LESS thrust than any of the others. however i did not test flight time so maybe you are right about that part. maybe its possible lift is sacrificed for flight time. now that i think about it that does make sense. less thrust=less amps=more battery time. so maybe i do need to take another look at them and they do have a benefit. they were certainly lower cost, about half that for walkera.

if 1sq are the same as 816 im confused why you would post that hugely overpriced link. stock in the company? owned by relatives? lol! just kidding.

i did find your tests very interesting. thanks for taking time to do that.
Old Feb 18, 2013, 06:12 PM
Hungary EU
Joined May 2007
2,783 Posts
Quote:
i did test 816 props and they had FAR LESS thrust than any of the others. however i did not test flight time so maybe you are right about that part. maybe its possible lift is sacrificed for flight time. now that i think about it that does make sense. less thrust=less amps=more battery time. so maybe i do need to take another look at them and they do have a benefit. they were certainly lower cost, about half that for walkera.

if 1sq are the same as 816 im confused why you would post that hugely overpriced link. stock in the company? owned by relatives? lol! just kidding.

i did find your tests very interesting. thanks for taking time to do that.
I jusz post the link from where I got them. When I was ordered it I didnt know that the UDI816 looks similar...and I just got them covering the 1SQ canopy...(balancing the shipping cost.. )

Anyway I felt that the LB has the most punch, more than the MP...and didnt felt that difference in punch the 1SQ vs LB vs stock...a little weaker but not that significant...I will try it tomorrow again, just for 101% sure...
Old Feb 20, 2013, 04:33 PM
United States, FL, Melbourne
Joined Mar 2012
1,349 Posts
So I got a 939 board and stuck it on an empty v202 frame. It seems to fly ok, but I'm getting this weird thing where if I give it to much roll, it kinda does this 1/4 flip thing. It snaps vertical and drops from the sky. It's weird, and I've never seen anything like it. Has any one else seen this? I should mention this is using my 9x transmitter.

Also I noted that the props and motors run in the same direction as the X4. These are the only two quads I've seen that run props in this direction. Is everyone else's setup like this?
cyberbillp is offline Find More Posts by cyberbillp
Old Feb 20, 2013, 05:15 PM
Sir Crashalot
Joined Oct 2011
2,277 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberbillp View Post
So I got a 939 board and stuck it on an empty v202 frame. It seems to fly ok, but I'm getting this weird thing where if I give it to much roll, it kinda does this 1/4 flip thing. It snaps vertical and drops from the sky. It's weird, and I've never seen anything like it. Has any one else seen this? I should mention this is using my 9x transmitter.

Also I noted that the props and motors run in the same direction as the X4. These are the only two quads I've seen that run props in this direction. Is everyone else's setup like this?
Isn't the v939 frame exactly (almost if not exact) the same as the v202's? There's probably no advantage in swapping frames in these two.
stonecutter is offline Find More Posts by stonecutter
Old Feb 20, 2013, 05:46 PM
RC beginner
New York
Joined Oct 2008
6,054 Posts
bill did say he got a 939 BOARD. even if it was another quad if one frame gets too floppy (like mine did) thats good reason to transplant to another similar model. in my case i just built a new one out of bamboo. talk about performance increase... stiffer frame and half the weight was like night and day!
Old Feb 20, 2013, 06:17 PM
Joined Mar 2012
1,349 Posts
Well, I like the v202 and I wanted to see if the v939 flew like a v202 with 9x transmitter ability.

So far...... Not really.

I had hope until it started falling out of the sky sideways. It's so sharp and pronounced that it's pretty obvious it's a programming thing. I'm just not so sure why.
Like maybe my transmitter is setup wrong or something.
cyberbillp is offline Find More Posts by cyberbillp
Old Feb 20, 2013, 06:20 PM
Joined Feb 2011
5,450 Posts
The V202\V939 share identical frames but as you've discovered the V939 shares the X4's motor orientation (this is correct)
MassiveOverkill is offline Find More Posts by MassiveOverkill
Site Sponsor
Last edited by MassiveOverkill; Feb 20, 2013 at 08:15 PM.
Old Feb 20, 2013, 06:22 PM
Sir Crashalot
Joined Oct 2011
2,277 Posts
Quote:
bill did say he got a 939 BOARD. even if it was another quad if one frame gets too floppy (like mine did) thats good reason to transplant to another similar model. in my case i just built a new one out of bamboo. talk about performance increase... stiffer frame and half the weight was like night and day!
Yeah, I remember your bamboo stick DIY quad, and only cost $15 or something like that, right? Can you assemble all the parts and material as a kit and sell me one?
Old Feb 20, 2013, 06:27 PM
Sir Crashalot
Joined Oct 2011
2,277 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MassiveOverkill View Post
The V202\V939 share identical frames but as you've discovered the V939 shares the X4's motor orientation.
I just looked at my fleet of quads in the office, these have the CW prop in the right front (same as v939), v202, x4, v929, Eye One; in fact, the only one in my possession that is not like that is the Mini Pet, which has the CW prop in left front.