HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 24, 2012, 06:32 PM
Singapore, Singapore
Joined Dec 2007
299 Posts
Actually kosem's description of how his v939 flips even at 60% reminds me of the mini pet I have. I also noticed that it flips very easily if I am not gentle with the right stick. This is perhaps a common characteristic of all micro quadrotors?

I will wait for more reviews before I decide if I should go for the v939.
TFMeouch is offline Find More Posts by TFMeouch
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 24, 2012, 08:21 PM
USA, AR, Fort Smith
Joined Jun 2007
459 Posts
Discouraging, because firmware is one thing we can't modify (yet).....

Anybody have a v929 or v939 that haven't had the part number filed off the micro on the control board?
rcflyair is offline Find More Posts by rcflyair
Old Aug 24, 2012, 08:40 PM
a.k.a. BiggTony
United States, FL, Fort Walton Beach
Joined Jul 2010
297 Posts
Man Kosem, you made me sad. While I know experiences are subjective......the thing is when the v929 came out, it was a while before seeing any comments/reviews that were remotely negative and they were scarce. The v939 isn't starting off too well.

I thought they would have micro sized the v929 board for the v939, considering it made my u816 fly phenomenally better. Guess not...I think I'll be passing on this.....sadly or at least till they've gone to a v2 or v3.

No one can keep a winning streak forever.....
dedmonwakin is offline Find More Posts by dedmonwakin
Old Aug 24, 2012, 10:24 PM
Joined Feb 2007
529 Posts
Worse case I'll just put a V929 board on it. Did that with the U816 since the throttle control was glitchy on it. I've been happy with the V929 micro, does have some oscillation when the battery is new, but throttle it up and it takes off like a rocket. I've gotten it to Pyro continuously and hold pretty still/level. What I've found is it tips enough with very low rates and combining throttle can get moving quickly. I'm using 9958 TX on low rates and anybody familiar with that transmitter know how low low rates are on it. My guess you don't need anywhere near 60℅ to fly this V939 very well and fast.

I'll try to get my 808 camera on hat tomorrow to get some video.
jpconard is offline Find More Posts by jpconard
Old Aug 25, 2012, 04:29 AM
Sweden
Joined Jul 2004
236 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kosem View Post
I just got mine from Hong Kong.
My GF who is flight attendant brought it to me today.

Well it's a bit early for a review but sorry guys... my first impressions are not so good.
The device is very well manufactured, the overall quality is excellent, the LEDs are cool and the V939 looks like all the Ladybird clones... with a sad face.
The problem is the software which is crap.
Maybe did I get one of the first batches but with the stock Tx this LB (it's even written Ladybird QR on the box. Lol! Funny isn't it?) stucks.
1) It's almost impossible to use the rudder under 60%, the LB won't turn.
2) At 60% if you move the right stick too fast you gonna flip and crash. Yes, flips at 60%!!
3) There is a WAY too much of inertia so if you throw the LB near a wall you will hit it no matter what you do to counter the motion. And this is bad indoor.
4) It doesn't handle the wind like the "true" LB at all or even like the V929.

I love the V929. I think I will buy 3 or 4 of these toys in the future to have spares for years. I fly it indoor, outdoor every day and it's every day fun. I've learned a lot with this bird because it's almost crashproof and above all it's easy to maintain.
But the V939 is completely different. There is a bunch of wires under the board because of the LEDs and replacing an arm is a real hassle.

If WLToys upgrade their firmware the V939 can be a very nice toy. But if this is the final product, I'll stay with my Walkera LB and my beloved V929.
Now:
- this is ONE opinion, I wish others will enjoy their little beetle when they'll get it.
- I am using the stock Tx. Maybe the behavior is different with a 9x?

I'll post some pics ASAP.
Thanks for reading.

Ohh, this was no fun reading at all. Makes me wish I bought the Syma X1 instead. Mine is alse shipped from banggood.com now, so its a bit to late.

By the way, could you tell me the weight and dimensions of the stock lipo? That would be awesome.

hope it feels a bit better after flying it for a while.
zippiz is offline Find More Posts by zippiz
Old Aug 25, 2012, 05:10 AM
Former IAF pilot. Retired
France, IdF, Paris
Joined Apr 2012
780 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by stonecutter View Post
Kosem, have you tried using the v911 tx? I've found that the v929 tx is lousy, a bad tx could contribute to your negative first impression.
No, I don't have any other Tx for WLToys products and that's probably the reason why my experience can sadden some folks (and I feel really sorry for that).
I believe there is hope for improvement with another Tx.

After few more flights...
I don't think the firmware is a lemon but the 20, 40, 60% thingy on the Tx which are the only settings for "normal" flight are just making the device not fun to fly.
There is also the right button to make it flip automatically (even at 20%).
Well I used it twice or three times because I don't like this feature added on almost every LB clones, it worked, but the LB didn't recover from the flip and crashed.
On a positive note and in order to bring a smile on some faces, I can tell that the V939 is robust, the main frame with the battery holder is really solid, the motor holders/legs are very well designed and except the canopy the V939 hardware is very good for the price. Expect same quality as the Walkera LB.
kosem is online now Find More Posts by kosem
Last edited by kosem; Aug 25, 2012 at 05:19 AM.
Old Aug 25, 2012, 05:14 AM
France, IdF, Paris
Joined Apr 2012
780 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by zippiz View Post

By the way, could you tell me the weight and dimensions of the stock lipo? That would be awesome.

Here you are:
3.8cm x 2 cm
10.24 grams
Old Aug 25, 2012, 08:29 AM
Tucson, Az
Joined Feb 2007
6,558 Posts
Sorry to hear V939 is not as good as hoped for. I like my V929's , but think I'll get a Walkrea Ladybird V1 bnf. Have the Devo TX. I hear bad things about U 816 and mine flys well. So its all relative as depends on flyer. Sounds like the Walkera V 1 is best of the lot. Go for real deal instead of cheap knock off.
dankar04 is online now Find More Posts by dankar04
Old Aug 25, 2012, 08:48 AM
Joined Feb 2007
529 Posts
Is the V939 TX the same one as the V929 TX? I don't think I heard officially that it is.

There is a French article in helicomicro.com which in Chrome will translate to English which does a review and has similar findings. They thought the V911 tx may be a little better.

Just may require a 9X purchase.
Old Aug 25, 2012, 09:11 AM
France, IdF, Paris
Joined Apr 2012
780 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpconard View Post
Is the V939 TX the same one as the V929 TX? I don't think I heard officially that it is.
Yes, same Tx as the V929.
Again, if one could set dual rate and expo on another transmiter instead of those 20,40...% the result could be different.
I don't own a 9x so I can only speak about the behavior with the stock Tx.
Old Aug 25, 2012, 09:18 AM
Joined Feb 2007
529 Posts
I just decided to order the 9x, in stock at Hobbyking both international and U.S. warehouse for a change, figured I could use it with V911, V929 hybrid micro I made, Night Vapor plane with 9958 receiver I made, and V939 coming. Now I'll just have to learn how to set it up.
Old Aug 25, 2012, 09:40 AM
Joined Apr 2012
3,508 Posts
It is the same ...oficially.

http://www.banggood.com/Wholesale-Wl...8-p-47529.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpconard View Post

There is a French article in helicomicro.com which in Chrome will translate to English which does a review and has similar findings. They thought the V911 tx may be a little better.

midelic is online now Find More Posts by midelic
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: DIY Multiprotocol TX Module
Old Aug 25, 2012, 12:51 PM
USA, So.Cal.
Joined Jan 2009
400 Posts
Well, there are a few more videos on Youtube now, but they're not doing much in most of them. I don't care about the flips, but if it can be controlled like it is in the BG video (especially the FFF), I'll be satisfied considering the price and durability.
MikeSRC is offline Find More Posts by MikeSRC
Old Aug 25, 2012, 01:09 PM
CB100, 4#6, V911, V939, V912
Modesto, CA
Joined Jan 2006
207 Posts
I agree, MikeSRC. Seems very controllable and just what I want for casual indoor flying. I like the video flying the V939 around the workers in their cubicles. Definitely a bargin for less than $40.
heligeek is offline Find More Posts by heligeek
Old Aug 25, 2012, 04:08 PM
Doink-not again :)...aka Greg
United States, MI, Sterling Heights
Joined Jul 2012
1,158 Posts
Will the V939 bind to the 9x TX?
Makdaddy is online now Find More Posts by Makdaddy