HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 23, 2012, 04:15 PM
Sweden
Joined Jul 2004
236 Posts
Mine says backorder now, but the v939 still says "In Stock, Usually ship in 1 business day" on banggood. I really do not like the way the way Banggood handles these things.
zippiz is offline Find More Posts by zippiz
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 23, 2012, 04:40 PM
USA, So.Cal.
Joined Jan 2009
400 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cgpirre View Post
Yesterday. But I've had it happen before that they 'shipped' it, and then a few days later I get another mail saying it shipped, where the second one was the real shipping date.
The tracking number works though...
Go figure. I ordered one two days ago and it showed up as backordered yesterday. I think they must put all the orders in a hat and pull out as many as they currently have in stock. But then, the last thing I ordered from them showed up as backordered, then "shipped" the next day (but with no tracking), then showed up as backordered again a week later, then shipped later that day. I did receive the item, but it's definitely a crapshoot as to when you're going to get it. But when you're paying roughly half the price of getting it somewhere else, it's part of the deal.

Here's my 939 history:

2012-08-21 13:57:45 Payment Confirmed

2012-08-21 14:15:12 Ready To Process

2012-08-22 15:27:34 Back Order
MikeSRC is offline Find More Posts by MikeSRC
Old Aug 23, 2012, 05:12 PM
Belgium
Joined Dec 2011
624 Posts
Yeah, I'm not really hoping for it, I'll see when it gets here.
I'm more worried about the v911 I ordered for a friend, it's been a month since it was shipped...
cgpirre is offline Find More Posts by cgpirre
Old Aug 23, 2012, 05:18 PM
RC beginner
New York
Joined Oct 2008
6,054 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cgpirre View Post
Yesterday. But I've had it happen before that they 'shipped' it, and then a few days later I get another mail saying it shipped, where the second one was the real shipping date.
The tracking number works though...
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeSRC View Post
Go figure. I ordered one two days ago and it showed up as backordered yesterday. I think they must put all the orders in a hat and pull out as many as they currently have in stock. But then, the last thing I ordered from them showed up as backordered, then "shipped" the next day (but with no tracking), then showed up as backordered again a week later, then shipped later that day. I did receive the item, but it's definitely a crapshoot as to when you're going to get it. But when you're paying roughly half the price of getting it somewhere else, it's part of the deal.

yeah. i even had one order shipped 3 times. i was very disappointed only one showed up.

lyin' bastids... but theyre MY lyin' bastids and i love 'em. lol!
dave1993 is offline Find More Posts by dave1993
Old Aug 23, 2012, 11:35 PM
Malaysia, Federal Territory of Kuala Lumpur, Kuala Lumpur
Joined Jun 2012
285 Posts
this item is too hot now...i'll wait for my country to bring in first and get it from the local shop..I have ordered few parts from BG for V911 and yet to arrive..
leonggyooi is offline Find More Posts by leonggyooi
Old Aug 24, 2012, 03:24 AM
Doink-not again :)...aka Greg
United States, MI, Sterling Heights
Joined Jul 2012
1,256 Posts
The same basic thing happened when I ordered my Benma 100. They however sent the first shipment back to the factory - not right. Ended up being changed to will arrive in 15 days.
Makdaddy is online now Find More Posts by Makdaddy
Last edited by Makdaddy; Aug 24, 2012 at 06:39 AM.
Old Aug 24, 2012, 05:27 AM
Joined Aug 2012
33 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by zippiz View Post
Mine says backorder now, but the v939 still says "In Stock, Usually ship in 1 business day" on banggood. I really do not like the way the way Banggood handles these things.
Yeah, and even after shipping, flytexpress sucks big time. They took 5 days just to handover parcel to china post. And again china post is lame.

Hongkong post delivers me in 10 days most of the time.
mihird is offline Find More Posts by mihird
Old Aug 24, 2012, 11:24 AM
USA, So.Cal.
Joined Jan 2009
400 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mihird View Post
Yeah, and even after shipping, flytexpress sucks big time. They took 5 days just to handover parcel to china post. And again china post is lame.

Hongkong post delivers me in 10 days most of the time.
Same here. HK post is much quicker for me. I did get a notice that my 939 shipped, so we'll see how long it takes to get in the China Post system.
Old Aug 24, 2012, 04:42 PM
Former IAF pilot. Retired
France, IdF, Paris
Joined Apr 2012
780 Posts
First feedback

I just got mine from Hong Kong.
My GF who is flight attendant brought it to me today.

Well it's a bit early for a review but sorry guys... my first impressions are not so good.
The device is very well manufactured, the overall quality is excellent, the LEDs are cool and the V939 looks like all the Ladybird clones... with a sad face.
The problem is the software which is crap.
Maybe did I get one of the first batches but with the stock Tx this LB (it's even written Ladybird QR on the box. Lol! Funny isn't it?) stucks.
1) It's almost impossible to use the rudder under 60%, the LB won't turn.
2) At 60% if you move the right stick too fast you gonna flip and crash. Yes, flips at 60%!!
3) There is a WAY too much of inertia so if you throw the LB near a wall you will hit it no matter what you do to counter the motion. And this is bad indoor.
4) It doesn't handle the wind like the "true" LB at all or even like the V929.

I love the V929. I think I will buy 3 or 4 of these toys in the future to have spares for years. I fly it indoor, outdoor every day and it's every day fun. I've learned a lot with this bird because it's almost crashproof and above all it's easy to maintain.
But the V939 is completely different. There is a bunch of wires under the board because of the LEDs and replacing an arm is a real hassle.

If WLToys upgrade their firmware the V939 can be a very nice toy. But if this is the final product, I'll stay with my Walkera LB and my beloved V929.
Now:
- this is ONE opinion, I wish others will enjoy their little beetle when they'll get it.
- I am using the stock Tx. Maybe the behavior is different with a 9x?

I'll post some pics ASAP.
Thanks for reading.
kosem is offline Find More Posts by kosem
Last edited by kosem; Aug 24, 2012 at 04:43 PM. Reason: typo
Old Aug 24, 2012, 04:46 PM
RC beginner
New York
Joined Oct 2008
6,054 Posts
vewwwy intewesting. lets hope its just a mfg defect and the others are better.
dave1993 is offline Find More Posts by dave1993
Old Aug 24, 2012, 04:50 PM
Poland, Śląskie, Bielsko-Biala
Joined Jan 2012
634 Posts
Hmmmm, defect board wouldn't fly at all.

Sounds like v939 firmware is a lemon ... french review was also a lot about "instabilities" but overall impression was better than kosem's.

Good that i have 2 functional V929 at the moment, and third one waiting for PCB and motor that i donned to second one
shafter is offline Find More Posts by shafter
Old Aug 24, 2012, 04:53 PM
Former IAF pilot. Retired
France, IdF, Paris
Joined Apr 2012
780 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by shafter View Post
Hmmmm, defect board wouldn't fly at all.

Sounds like v939 firmware is a lemon ... french review was also a lot about "instabilities"
Yep.
kosem is offline Find More Posts by kosem
Old Aug 24, 2012, 05:05 PM
USA, So.Cal.
Joined Jan 2009
400 Posts
Thanks kosem. Not what I wanted to hear but there may be hope for improvement. You don't really see these issues in the BG video, but who knows how it was made.
Old Aug 24, 2012, 05:14 PM
Poland, Śląskie, Bielsko-Biala
Joined Jan 2012
634 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kosem View Post
Yep.
Maybe you can shoot some short video ?
shafter is offline Find More Posts by shafter
Old Aug 24, 2012, 05:33 PM
Sir Crashalot
Joined Oct 2011
2,252 Posts
Kosem, have you tried using the v911 tx? I've found that the v929 tx is lousy, a bad tx could contribute to your negative first impression.
stonecutter is online now Find More Posts by stonecutter