HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 21, 2012, 06:17 AM
United States, CA, Morongo Valley
Joined Apr 2010
54 Posts
Alert
SK Ornis - Do Not Send This Guy Money

Another victim here. Sent him $361 on 6/19/12. I've gotten every excuse listed in other threads here. Done with playing games. I sent the funds as a gift, so there's nothing PayPal is going to do. They'd probably tell me to pound sand, anyways, because it's over been 45 days. He had me send the funds to thopter1@yahoo.com, because he was "having issues with his other account". Yeah, I'll bet.

I have an attorney that specializes in fraud and licensed to practice in WY that will be in touch with Mr Kinkade.

If anybody else that has pending orders would like a refund, send me your purchase info and I'll see to it that you get it back. The more info I have, the more quickly and permanently the resolve will be. Feel free to PM me any pertinent information. From what I can gather with the list of complaints contained in this forum, the guy is up into the several thousand dollar range.

I also suggest that anyone with an open dispute with Mr. Kinkade fill out this form: https://postalinspectors.uspis.gov/f...pagewanted=all

Why this guy hasn't already been shut down is beyond me? 8 years, really? His website (www.flappingflight.com) is being used to fradulently collect money over state lines and you guys are just being patient? This is a felony, hello?
heli-on is offline Find More Posts by heli-on
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 21, 2012, 09:06 AM
United States, GA, Dacula
Joined Apr 2012
25 Posts
Hey Heli-On,

Sorry to hear about your troubles. I feel your pain.....believe me. I did have good luck with filing a PayPal dispute though. They actually held his payment until I closed the dispute. Don't know why that wouldn't work for you. You mentioned you sent the money as a "gift". Were you being sarcastic or did you actually check a PayPal box that indicated the money was a gift? Just curious because if he asked you to do it that way, he's really playing dirty.

BTW, the PayPal account you sent the money to is the same one he asked me to use back in April when I ordered mine. I think it's his wife's account. My guess is that the official business account has had so many complaints against it that PayPal cut that one off so he has to use alternate accounts.

Wayne
bwayneholt is offline Find More Posts by bwayneholt
Old Aug 21, 2012, 01:47 PM
Joined Apr 2010
54 Posts
I opted to send it as gift, after speaking with him on the phone. He must not have remembered that I had paid that way, because he generated a UPS shipping label on 8/4, which would have been just before the 45-day cut-off for filing a dispute.

The Attorney General's office doesn't care what method I chose to pay with. The fact that money changed hands is the only thing that matters in this (or any other) case.

The thing that really irks me is that I had checked this forum prior to deciding to make a purchase and didn't see any bad press on him. He's apparently running his business in a state of damage control. The moderators of this forum need to make this post a sticky so it's the first thing people see when they come into the ornithopter forum.

I don't want the bird, there's other places I can get one. I don't even want a refund, it's a drop in the bucket compared to what I've spent on this hobby - barely the cost of crashing a 90-size heli. What I want is his website to be taken down so more people don't fall prey to his foul tactics (bad pun intended).
Old Aug 21, 2012, 03:35 PM
Ursel, Belgium, Europe
Joined Jul 2001
181 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by heli-on View Post
The thing that really irks me is that I had checked this forum prior to deciding to make a purchase and didn't see any bad press on him.
Really? He's been known for years to promise but not deliver.

Sorry to hear you fell into the trap.

Dirk.
swami is offline Find More Posts by swami
Old Aug 21, 2012, 06:05 PM
Joined Apr 2010
54 Posts
Here's another form filed: https://www.bbb.org/consumer-complai...nt/get-started

Even if someone finds info on this site regarding SK Ornithopters, it's difficult to discern who he actually is becuase the lack of similarity in his company's name, his own name, his website and his wife's paypal account.

Make no mistakes about it, www.flappingflight.com is Hobby Technik, is Sean Kinkade.

Please help to keep this thread at the top of the forum until his website can be shutdown.