HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 03, 2012, 07:59 PM
Fly low and slow ?
Canada, AB, Calgary
Joined Oct 2007
149 Posts
Nwever mind just found it.
http://www.espritmodel.com/albatros-3se-arf.aspx
you knowledgeable guys sure like to confuse the nubs with your acronyms and lingo... and I've been in the hobby for over four years
motoman97 is offline Find More Posts by motoman97
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 03, 2012, 08:00 PM
Fly low and slow ?
Canada, AB, Calgary
Joined Oct 2007
149 Posts
Thanks for such fast replies.
motoman97 is offline Find More Posts by motoman97
Old Sep 04, 2012, 12:03 PM
Jason Sosa now a DLG junkie
United States, AL, Clanton
Joined Aug 2010
57 Posts
Dave

Do you think the mystique could be setup for aerotowing ?
evel_knievel34 is offline Find More Posts by evel_knievel34
Old Sep 04, 2012, 12:34 PM
Proud member of LISF and ESL
LI, New York, USA
Joined Mar 2003
24,549 Posts
Sure. No motor - just put a nose release in:
http://search2.hobby-lobby.com/psear...ro+tow+release
aeajr is offline Find More Posts by aeajr
Old Sep 04, 2012, 05:25 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Mar 2011
1,289 Posts
slightly unrelated to this thread, but related to the link by aeajr... does anyone know if the aeromaster will be made again?? i sure woudl like one of those!! (plus the mystique of course ;-)
PMRfly is offline Find More Posts by PMRfly
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Sep 04, 2012, 05:59 PM
LI, New York, USA
Joined Mar 2003
24,549 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by PMRfly View Post
slightly unrelated to this thread, but related to the link by aeajr... does anyone know if the aeromaster will be made again?? i sure woudl like one of those!! (plus the mystique of course ;-)
The topic of this tread is the Mystique. What is an aeromaster and why would you ask about if it will ever be made again here?

If my post is diverting this discussion off topic I appologize to everyone in the tread.
Old Sep 04, 2012, 06:20 PM
Joined Apr 2012
2,824 Posts
Well, aeajr, I think he asked because the Aero Master is plunk in the middle of the page you linked to at Hobby Lobby but it appears to be an archived page because it doesn't list said Aero Master as "temporarily out of production" like the sailplane page does today. And, just to go a bit more off topic because we are just speculating about a plane that hasn't hit the shelf yet, my dad had the predecessor to the Aero Master and it flew beautifully right up to the moment that he flew it into a "dust devil" and it exploded into a million pieces. The new version looks stronger but the wing might be due for a little reinforcing.
peterlngh is online now Find More Posts by peterlngh
Old Sep 04, 2012, 06:23 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Mar 2011
1,289 Posts
sorry, i think you misunderstood my question... i wasnt saying you were off topic, i was saying my question was slightly off topic ;-)

on the link you posted it shows a "Aero Master ARC Sailplane" its a big ass sail plane with a pusher prop. i've been wanting to get one for a while, but i think the company stopped making them.

i was saying i want one of those as well as the mystique.. ;-)

if anyone knows about it, can you let me know? i cant find anything elsewhere on rcg threads..
Old Sep 04, 2012, 06:24 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Mar 2011
1,289 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by peterlngh View Post
Well, aeajr, I think he asked because the Aero Master is plunk in the middle of the page you linked to at Hobby Lobby but it appears to be an archived page because it doesn't list said Aero Master as "temporarily out of production" like the sailplane page does today. And, just to go a bit more off topic because we are just speculating about a plane that hasn't hit the shelf yet, my dad had the predecessor to the Aero Master and it flew beautifully right up to the moment that he flew it into a "dust devil" and it exploded into a million pieces. The new version looks stronger but the wing might be due for a little reinforcing.
r u saying there is a new version of the aeromaster?
Old Sep 04, 2012, 06:31 PM
Joined Apr 2012
2,824 Posts
Sorry, PMRfly. I don't know anything about the Aero Master. My dad had an older plane and I can't recall its name but it was the same size and configuration as the Aero Master but had a balsa/ply fuse.
Old Sep 04, 2012, 06:34 PM
Fly It Like You Stole It.....
United States, NY, Fulton
Joined Jan 2009
403 Posts
Please take the aero master discussion to another forum. This is a discussion of the new Mystique.
moparherb is online now Find More Posts by moparherb
Old Sep 04, 2012, 10:04 PM
LI, New York, USA
Joined Mar 2003
24,549 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by moparherb View Post
Please take the aero master discussion to another forum. This is a discussion of the new Mystique.
Agreed
Old Sep 04, 2012, 10:12 PM View Post
PMRfly
A moderator felt this post violated the following rule: Trolling (Provocation). Show it to me anyway.
Old Sep 04, 2012, 10:35 PM
Joined Apr 2012
2,824 Posts
I think I have to concur, PMRfly. If this were a thread where we were discussing the subtleties of a glider we were all flying I would probably give more concern for staying on topic. Since none of us are actually flying the Mystique and most of the comments are along the lines of "looks pretty, I want one" I guess I don't see what's so objectionable about a few sentences that diverge from the prevailing opinion. But?

After looking at the numbers and weighing them in light of over 40 years of experience I would have to say that the Mystique is a decent sport flier with nice lines but probably won't deliver a whole lot of performance for the price. We casual glider fans can find better for less and anyone who is serious about competition will find a way to come up with the cash for a more refined contest ship. I guess that our experience with older designs and desire for other designs just don't belong on this thread for some reason I don't quite understand.

Cheers!
Old Sep 05, 2012, 10:46 AM
LI, New York, USA
Joined Mar 2003
24,549 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by peterlngh View Post
I think I have to concur, PMRfly. If this were a thread where we were discussing the subtleties of a glider we were all flying I would probably give more concern for staying on topic. Since none of us are actually flying the Mystique and most of the comments are along the lines of "looks pretty, I want one" I guess I don't see what's so objectionable about a few sentences that diverge from the prevailing opinion. But?

After looking at the numbers and weighing them in light of over 40 years of experience I would have to say that the Mystique is a decent sport flier with nice lines but probably won't deliver a whole lot of performance for the price. We casual glider fans can find better for less and anyone who is serious about competition will find a way to come up with the cash for a more refined contest ship. I guess that our experience with older designs and desire for other designs just don't belong on this thread for some reason I don't quite understand.

Cheers!
Peter,

I would like to understand a bit more about your comments. Clearly very very few people have flown this bird so all we have is specs and guess work. I would be interested in the basis of your comments.

What about the design makes you feel this will not live up to other designs in a similar price range, assuming you can find ARFs of this level of completeness in a similar price range?

Is it the airfoil?
The wing loading?
Some materials issue?

Are you looking at this as a pure glider or an electric gliders. My expectation is that this is designed for the e-glider market with an accomodation to the pure glider buyer who wants a low priced midrange type glider.

Overall it looks like a pertty good value to me, but until I get some flight reports I really won't know.

Please share more about your statements.