HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 31, 2013, 06:48 PM
United States, WA, Bellevue
Joined Oct 2010
158 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airman74 View Post
Just looked at that motor again,, if that drawing with demensions are accurate then I'd say the bolt holes in front of motor have wrong spacing to be a drop in replacement I measured twice the center to center spacing on both E Flite motors at 18mm so that could possibly be a problem.
In their drawing they say center to center spacing of holes on that G Force motor at 15mm.
Guess you could always turn the motor a little and drill new holes,,, the yak motor is an EASY drop in install,, no shaft reversal, no hassle with motor wires,, and you saw Pete said it would work
Just be sure to use 13x6.5 blades cause the motor is higher KV , and it seems to be a VERY powerful motor
Aargh! If you made that post 3 hours ago, I wouldnt have ordered that motor. Anyways, guess I'll see how it plays out and report back on this thread.
coolgg is offline Find More Posts by coolgg
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 31, 2013, 06:55 PM
Airborne whenever I can.
Canada, AB, Edson
Joined Dec 2006
518 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airman74 View Post
That looks like the easy set up for sure. Think I'm gona try to make the internal routing work,, I have a couple ideas,, manager at hobby store where I bought the mystique said slightly bent the flap linkage and enlarged opening and cut a slight groove in trailing edge spar reinforced it with Ca said he gets about 60deg flap travel
Well for most people the original setup might work if done well. I just don't like the bend in the pushrods because they could become loose and cause a whole bunch of problems you really don't need while airborne, this aside of the hassle you have to get it properly in the wing and trimmed properly. The pushrod covers do not feel like they will protect very well either. And I don't like to cut in the TE also.
That drop of CA is not going to save your plane if you pull it to hard.
On top of that my planned fairings will give me a lot more protection for the wing while landing.
Just ordered the fairings from Morgan RC, will take more than a week before I get them, will post pics of them ASAP.

Pat
PAT-T is offline Find More Posts by PAT-T
Old Jan 31, 2013, 07:03 PM
Murfreesboro
Joined Jun 2009
294 Posts
There's no reason bent pushrods would become loose any more than straight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAT-T View Post
Well for most people the original setup might work if done well. I just don't like the bend in the pushrods because they could become loose and cause a whole bunch of problems you really don't need while airborne, this aside of the hassle you have to get it properly in the wing and trimmed properly.

Pat
fishfingers is offline Find More Posts by fishfingers
Old Jan 31, 2013, 07:05 PM
Airborne whenever I can.
Canada, AB, Edson
Joined Dec 2006
518 Posts
Not finished yet, still working on it, to busy flying my Skybuggy.
Old Jan 31, 2013, 07:08 PM
Airborne whenever I can.
Canada, AB, Edson
Joined Dec 2006
518 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fishfingers View Post
There's no reason bent pushrods would become loose any more than straight.
Well, I am a strong believer of Murphy's Law.

No bad word to E-Flite in any way. This is a spendid ARF glider. And I can't wait for getting access to my club field again, covered with to much snow now.
I am pretty sure this will be a very good sport glider with a lot of potential for many hours of fun.

Regards,

Pat
Last edited by PAT-T; Jan 31, 2013 at 07:55 PM. Reason: correction
Old Jan 31, 2013, 07:29 PM
USA, CA, Chico
Joined Feb 2011
3,061 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolgg View Post
Aargh! If you made that post 3 hours ago, I wouldnt have ordered that motor. Anyways, guess I'll see how it plays out and report back on this thread.
Well at least its cheap. ;-)
Airman74 is online now Find More Posts by Airman74
Old Jan 31, 2013, 08:02 PM
USA, CA, Chico
Joined Feb 2011
3,061 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by PAT-T View Post
Well for most people the original setup might work if done well. I just don't like the bend in the pushrods because they could become loose and cause a whole bunch of problems you really don't need while airborne, this aside of the hassle you have to get it properly in the wing and trimmed properly. The pushrod covers do not feel like they will protect very well either. And I don't like to cut in the TE also.
That drop of CA is not going to save your plane if you pull it to hard.
On top of that my planned fairings will give me a lot more protection for the wing while landing.
Just ordered the fairings from Morgan RC, will take more than a week before I get them, will post pics of them ASAP.

Pat
Just looking at my wings today after finishing with fuse,, at least on my plane it doesn't look I'm gona have too much trouble with the stock internal routing,, appears as though ill have plenty of travel. Ill take my time and do a test fit with servo mounted with two sided sticky tape to see what modifications I might need, that way I can figure out what length to make servo arms,, and what bends are required
I've bent pushrods on flaps on other planes without ever any issues
Ill just take my time and go slow
Old Jan 31, 2013, 08:56 PM
Aka: Ralph
Canada, ON, Hamilton
Joined Nov 2012
210 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamHorizon View Post
Guys, we have had a couple of customers have trouble finding neutral trim for the early flights. The manual says to just line the stab up with the fillet however I am understanding that is not very specific so I came up with another measuring point and diagram to help. If it's not clear this is a measurement from the very bottom of the fuse to the center of the TE @ 2.5" or 64mm

kind regards

Pete
Would someone who has flown their Mystique be kind enough to take a neutral trim elevator measurement and post the results. I centered my elevator dead centre of the fillet and there is almost 1/2 inch descrepancy from what Peter has reported.
dangerdan is online now Find More Posts by dangerdan
Last edited by dangerdan; Jan 31, 2013 at 09:08 PM.
Old Feb 01, 2013, 03:31 AM
Electric Glider Nut
Australia, WA, Perth
Joined Feb 2012
317 Posts
just a quick photo of the MVVS going onto the nose of the Mystique. just had to do about 7 seconds worth of work with the Dremel otherwise it went straight in.

strangely, the recommended size spinner is just a tad too large I recon...
timography is offline Find More Posts by timography
Old Feb 01, 2013, 09:37 AM
France,Paris
Joined Sep 2010
18 Posts
Hello everybody,

I have almost finished the Mystique. The only difficulties I had, as many of us, was with the ailerons and flaps linkages. It works now but the flaps lower 30 only. I'll see if that's enough.
The last problem I have now is with the stabilizer rods: they perfectly fit in the stabilizer but they aren't tight enough so the stabilizer halves aren't secure and I am sure I will lost them at the first flight.
Any idea to solve this problem?

Thank you in advance.
Pavillon is offline Find More Posts by Pavillon
Old Feb 01, 2013, 10:05 AM
USA, CA, Chico
Joined Feb 2011
3,061 Posts
[

Quote:
Originally Posted by timography View Post
just a quick photo of the MVVS going onto the nose of the Mystique. just had to do about 7 seconds worth of work with the Dremel otherwise it went straight in.

strangely, the recommended size spinner is just a tad too large I recon...
Did bolt holes on front of motor line up with holes in motor mount??
What did you use dremel for??
I found my EFlite spinner was a PERFECT match,, I'm wondering if the to tolerances are all over the place on this plane
Old Feb 01, 2013, 10:06 AM
USA, CA, Chico
Joined Feb 2011
3,061 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pavillon View Post
Hello everybody,

I have almost finished the Mystique. The only difficulties I had, as many of us, was with the ailerons and flaps linkages. It works now but the flaps lower 30 only. I'll see if that's enough.
The last problem I have now is with the stabilizer rods: they perfectly fit in the stabilizer but they aren't tight enough so the stabilizer halves aren't secure and I am sure I will lost them at the first flight.
Any idea to solve this problem?

Thank you in advance.
In the instructions they mention about using a glue stick just to the very ends of the stabilizer rods to keep them in.
30deg doesn't sound like much
Old Feb 01, 2013, 10:21 AM
LI, New York, USA
Joined Mar 2003
24,040 Posts
No, 30 degrees is less than I would want on flaps. 60 degrees is probably enough for most uses.
aeajr is online now Find More Posts by aeajr
Old Feb 01, 2013, 10:43 AM
France,Paris
Joined Sep 2010
18 Posts
Thank for these prompt answer!

The glue stick is a good suggestion (I can't find that mention in my manual).

I'll try to increase the flap camber.

Gerard
Pavillon is offline Find More Posts by Pavillon
Old Feb 01, 2013, 10:53 AM
USA, CA, Chico
Joined Feb 2011
3,061 Posts
AEAJR ,, just wanted to say thanks again for posting that link to BP Hobbies and that GREAT deal on the Aurora radio!!! Wasn't sure what to expect out of such an inexpensive radio with soooooo many features,, but its been AWSOME ,, that huge touchscreen makes programming and adjusting the quickest and easiest of ANY radio I've ever owned,, and flexibility of set ups are fantastic,, sooooo easy and fast to go in and change things,, and I was a BIG spektrum fanboy before now. ;-)