HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 28, 2012, 06:02 PM
Team Lumenier Pilot
Australia, WA, Perth
Joined Aug 2011
2,539 Posts
Quote:
That should be PLENTY. No need for separate BEC.
Yes that's the one I bought. Thanks for that. Sticking with all the suggested completion items for it.
Grazer is offline Find More Posts by Grazer
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 28, 2012, 07:48 PM
Stockton, Ca. USA
Joined Apr 2001
9,400 Posts
I have extensively tested the BEC in testing and reviewing the recommended ESC and it should have no problem with the recommended servos and receiver when using the recommended battery or a battery with a higher C. Just don't go with an old battery pack or one with a lower C. Mike H
Michael Heer is offline Find More Posts by Michael Heer
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 28, 2012, 09:16 PM
Team Lumenier Pilot
Australia, WA, Perth
Joined Aug 2011
2,539 Posts
That's excellent. Thanks.
Grazer is offline Find More Posts by Grazer
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 29, 2012, 08:30 AM
AJT
Joined Oct 2007
4 Posts
This model will probably be my first E/sailplane. I was about to order the Albatros 3/s with suggested equipment when I noticed this thread. I'll just wait for a flight review before I decide.
AJT is offline Find More Posts by AJT
Old Aug 29, 2012, 09:42 AM
Proud member of LISF and ESL
LI, New York, USA
Joined Mar 2003
24,161 Posts
I would suspect the Albatros, with its carbon spar and carbon reinforced wing strucutre will be much stronger, but that comes at a $170 price difference. Can't compare the MH32 vs S3021 airfoils as I have never flown an S3021 glider. Both seem to be about the same weight and wing loading.
aeajr is online now Find More Posts by aeajr
Old Aug 29, 2012, 05:16 PM
AJT
Joined Oct 2007
4 Posts
Yes I realize there is a price difference between the two but I truly want a 3/m E/sailplane of quality that I can enjoy. I also agree that the Albatros would be stronger. Thank You for the info.
Old Aug 30, 2012, 02:13 PM
Los Angeles, CA
Joined Sep 2007
1,774 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AJT View Post
Yes I realize there is a price difference between the two but I truly want a 3/m E/sailplane of quality that I can enjoy. I also agree that the Albatros would be stronger. Thank You for the info.
Which albatros kit are you guys talking about?
tulz43 is offline Find More Posts by tulz43
Old Aug 30, 2012, 04:51 PM
Horizon Hobby Employee
United States, IL, Monticello
Joined Mar 2007
217 Posts
Maiden flights today prepping the Mystique 2.9 for the the mini contest Horizon is sponsoring at the LSF Soaring Masters next month. CG is a bit back right now so I'll move it forward a bit to be closer to the 118mm number.

Since I'm the JR guy mine is outfitted with JR DS368BB servos in the fuse and DS398's on the ailerons and flaps. The DS398 servos are slightly larger so I set up the linkages opposite of what the manual shows. That's why the there's a cutout on the flap servo cover. I'm using the XG11 for guidance with an RG831B receiver. Here's a few pics of the install.

Enjoy,
JD
hhrnd40 is offline Find More Posts by hhrnd40
Old Aug 30, 2012, 05:34 PM
AJT
Joined Oct 2007
4 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tulz43 View Post
Which albatros kit are you guys talking about?
Albatros 3E/ ARF.
Old Aug 30, 2012, 06:46 PM
Electric Glider Nut
Australia, WA, Perth
Joined Feb 2012
330 Posts
wow JD - that looks awesome! Can't wait to get my hands on one when they finally arrive in Australia...
timography is offline Find More Posts by timography
Old Aug 30, 2012, 09:28 PM
Joined May 2011
621 Posts
I realized the price is a tad high and it's not an apple to apple comparison but compare that to my Wilco F5B Hotliner, seems compareable...I am in...almost .

I am in no rush to pre-order mine as I doubt there's a high demand at this price range or for this type of plane. Given so similarity between EF Mystique and Albatros 2.4s - 3S...touch decisions will have to be made . Not only that, it seems all makes and models from both brands are scheduled to arrive at similar time frame. Probable from the same factory, in the same shipping container with slight variation to make one stand out from the other. Higher availability in both parts and complete ARF and a slightly lower price point and an option to us the extra difference to purchase a really nice motor will sway many to EF (nothing wrong there). I am in but I really like the optional to choose different colors and size with the Albatros.
Reef_rc is offline Find More Posts by Reef_rc
Last edited by Reef_rc; Aug 31, 2012 at 08:07 AM.
Old Aug 31, 2012, 08:03 AM
LI, New York, USA
Joined Mar 2003
24,161 Posts
I don't think the Albatross price is high. For that type of plane and construction, it is quite competitive and, with the carbon capped spars and ribs, the wing should be pretty strong. Should do well on the winch too.

The Mystique looks like it was built to be an elelctric glider. Not as beefed up in the wing, but has accomodation for a tow hook too. Probably do fine on a hi-start, but might have to be very gentle on the winch.

Both look like good values.
Old Sep 03, 2012, 06:53 PM
Fly low and slow ?
Canada, AB, Calgary
Joined Oct 2007
149 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AJT View Post
Albatros 3E/ ARF.
OK so who is selling the Albatross? google search shows crap results
motoman97 is offline Find More Posts by motoman97
Old Sep 03, 2012, 06:54 PM
LI, New York, USA
Joined Mar 2003
24,161 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by motoman97 View Post
OK so who is selling the Albatross? google search shows crap results
http://www.espritmodel.com/
Old Sep 03, 2012, 06:56 PM
Joined Apr 2012
2,506 Posts
Hi, motoman.

The Albatross is built by TopModelcz in the Czech Republic and is marketed in the states by Esprit Models. It's a modern take on the Bird of Time.

http://www.espritmodel.com/f5j-alesl...ailplanes.aspx
peterlngh is online now Find More Posts by peterlngh