HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 03, 2013, 12:13 PM
USA, CA, Chico
Joined Feb 2011
3,249 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamHorizon View Post
Ill be at the AMA booth next week, would be happy to show you the sailplane stuff.
We can walk through how to program the Mystique if you like, I have done that a few times :-).
Thanks Peter!!! Seeya there. :-)
Airman74 is offline Find More Posts by Airman74
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 04, 2013, 03:42 PM
Aka: Ralph
Canada, ON, Hamilton
Joined Nov 2012
315 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dangerdan View Post
Let me first apologize for the bad photo.
This bending of the control linkage for the flaps and ailerons has been bugging me for a long time now. I have tried using examples on this site but just cant get that bend right. I'm not ready to mutalate the wing just yet. LOL.

Using a piece of copper wire as a mockup, I have come up with something that allows full up and down movement of the flaps with no further modifications to the wing.

Here is my question: If I bend (2) 90 degree angles on the kit provided control linkage just after the clevis, (see photo) will that control linkage be compromised ???
FYI - I tried making a 130 degree bend and the darn thing SNAPPED ....LOL.
I went to order new rods and THEY ARE BACKORDERED ...LOL.
I sent an Email requesting backorder status and am waiting for a response.

This is frustrating. I think I'll wear the plane out before I get a chance to fly it. I used to tear my Harley apart all the time and put it back together but I cant makes these darn rods work with the servo. If I ever get the new rods and still cant get them to work with the servos, I think I will have to bite the bullet and get the local hobby shop to fix it.
dangerdan is offline Find More Posts by dangerdan
Last edited by dangerdan; Jan 04, 2013 at 03:43 PM. Reason: spelling
Old Jan 04, 2013, 04:16 PM
Proud member of LISF and ESL
LI, New York, USA
Joined Mar 2003
24,553 Posts
You can probably find music wire or standard connecting rods that you can cut to length at a local crafts store or hobby shop and make your own.

I keep these in my parts bin for just such a situation.
aeajr is offline Find More Posts by aeajr
Last edited by aeajr; Jan 04, 2013 at 04:25 PM.
Old Jan 04, 2013, 04:21 PM
Joined Apr 2012
2,831 Posts
Hi, Dan.

Wouldn't a regular Dubro pushrod work? I have found that they are stiff enough for high stress and soft enough to bend to any shape. Plus, they are generally available from any hobby shop and probably cost less.

Cheers!

http://shop.dubro.com/p/nylon-kwik-l...od?pp=12&pp=12

I see that aeajr beat me to it. They say that great minds think alike and, apparently, so do ours!
peterlngh is online now Find More Posts by peterlngh
Old Jan 04, 2013, 05:14 PM
United States, TN, Johnson City
Joined Jul 2011
188 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by peterlngh View Post
Hi, Dan.

Wouldn't a regular Dubro pushrod work? I have found that they are stiff enough for high stress and soft enough to bend to any shape. Plus, they are generally available from any hobby shop and probably cost less.

Cheers!

I see that aeajr beat me to it. They say that great minds think alike and, apparently, so do ours!
That's exactly what I did. Had to get new clevises too since the threads didn't match the original for some reason. Worked out very well and they are more easily bent.
eagle1960 is offline Find More Posts by eagle1960
Old Jan 04, 2013, 08:40 PM
Aka: Ralph
Canada, ON, Hamilton
Joined Nov 2012
315 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by peterlngh View Post
Hi, Dan.

Cheers!

I'm going to my local hobby shop as they sell the Dubro stuff and if not, will order from that site.. Thanks to all.

As for my other problem getting the servo and linkage to work. I finally got the right aileron to work with 19mm up and 12mm down.

If been fighting this on and off for 3 weeks now and finally see some results. When all is installed and working, I will post pictures. I'm sure I can't be the only one with these types of problems.

Again thanks for all your help.
dangerdan is offline Find More Posts by dangerdan
Old Jan 04, 2013, 09:21 PM
Joined Apr 2012
2,831 Posts
Great Planes has nearly identical pushrods too. I just went with Dubro because that was the first one that leaped to mind. One could find either from a host of mail order sites but, after shipping, it's probably cheaper to go with the LFS. If you strike out, I have found that Toysonics is a pretty good source.

http://www.toysonics.com/dubro-184-r...link-12-5.html
peterlngh is online now Find More Posts by peterlngh
Old Jan 05, 2013, 02:52 PM
UK south
Joined Dec 2007
183 Posts
In all this discussion of sailplane radios, no-one has mentioned multiplex. I use a Cockpit SX 7 channel 2.4 GHz for all my sail planes....Radian and Radian Pro and ELF DLG.....it works for me!

Steve
mataub is offline Find More Posts by mataub
Old Jan 07, 2013, 12:10 AM
United Arab Emirates, Dubai
Joined Nov 2012
14 Posts
I see that this is out of stock once again - expected delivery is in March :-(.
Goofen is offline Find More Posts by Goofen
Old Jan 07, 2013, 12:25 PM
USA, CA, Chico
Joined Feb 2011
3,249 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by goofen View Post
i see that this is out of stock once again - expected delivery is in march :-(.
march!!!!!!! Holy cow!!!!!
Airman74 is offline Find More Posts by Airman74
Old Jan 07, 2013, 03:00 PM
Life's short - Enjoy!
Zurich, Switzerland
Joined Nov 2009
656 Posts
Good... gives me time to move on with my other projects... and who knows, might even be a V2 with proper pushrods etc

Ordered the Mystique as a successor to my Carson Skydreamer (I know, please don't laugh )...
The Skydreamer was (and still is) my first glider and got me hooked. Found out the fascination by watching my bird circling high in the sky on a background of blue sky and moving clouds... peace at last (others are gone fishing)
DeeCee 57 is offline Find More Posts by DeeCee 57
Old Jan 07, 2013, 09:49 PM
FLY FOR FUN - GLIDE FOR LOVE
United States, FL, Miami
Joined Jan 2011
51 Posts
Mystique

Hi, i wanna show you my new Mystique and let me tell you, is so nice glider she have good speed and when you catch a thermal you can fell it, and the performance is nice and smoth so you have to drive carefully because have a fast response and when you need to land penetrates very well and is fast , do not uses too much flaps or stall easy, i flow 3 times and i used the manufacture motor e-flite 25 850 kv and with a battery 3200mah 3s i used 8 runnings of 15 seconds and 2 more for landing and iam in love with this beautyfull glider.
If you have any cuestions please letme know will be pleasure to share with you.
pablo pinto is offline Find More Posts by pablo pinto
Old Jan 07, 2013, 10:02 PM
Airborne whenever I can.
Canada, AB, Edson
Joined Dec 2006
564 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pablo pinto View Post
Hi, i wanna show you my new Mystique and let me tell you, is so nice glider she have good speed and when you catch a thermal you can fell it, and the performance is nice and smoth so you have to drive carefully because have a fast response and when you need to land penetrates very well and is fast , do not uses too much flaps or stall easy, i flow 3 times and i used the manufacture motor e-flite 25 850 kv and with a battery 3200mah 3s i used 8 runnings of 15 seconds and 2 more for landing and iam in love with this beautyfull glider.
Nice pics, like your backyard too

Pat
PAT-T is offline Find More Posts by PAT-T
Old Jan 08, 2013, 12:14 AM
Fix all the things!
Australia, ACT, Canberra
Joined Jan 2004
598 Posts
I was planning to fly a Mystique on a JR XG6, if people are looking for a cheap set with glider mixing.

If, like me, you're planning a pure sailplane, the XG6 will handle all your servos individually.

Unfortunately, having just moved house, I'm a bit strapped for cash, so my Mystique will have to wait until later in the year!
Ozprey is offline Find More Posts by Ozprey
Old Jan 08, 2013, 12:52 AM
Flightcomp.com
United States, CA, Torrance
Joined Apr 2006
1,719 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pablo pinto View Post
I did not know there where hills and mountains in FL...
ak79 is offline Find More Posts by ak79
Site Sponsor