HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 22, 2012, 04:02 PM
Joined Aug 2012
176 Posts
e flite says the power 25 averages 30-40a constant, I feel the 60a will be plenty plus the motor should only be used for several seconds at a time, not non stop like a 3d plane.
txg8gxp is offline Find More Posts by txg8gxp
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 22, 2012, 04:04 PM
Joined Aug 2012
176 Posts
ETA for horizonhobby is 9/20 according to there dealers page, I work at a hobbyshop so I was able to look it up. Now you know how that goes, it could be sooner or later. We will find out.
Old Aug 22, 2012, 04:18 PM
Team Horizon Hobby - Surface
Renton
Joined Sep 2006
92 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by txg8gxp View Post
e flite says the power 25 averages 30-40a constant, I feel the 60a will be plenty plus the motor should only be used for several seconds at a time, not non stop like a 3d plane.
Great... thanks!

I just placed an order for the plane and all the "stuff" from Horizon... Looks like the A7030HV Wing servos are still not in stock. Hopefully Spektrum gets those in soon. I've been using the Digital UM servos in my smaller boats for some time now, and the larger 6020/6030 sized ones in all my larger boats. Great servos.
Darin Jordan is offline Find More Posts by Darin Jordan
Old Aug 22, 2012, 04:27 PM
Joined Aug 2012
176 Posts
Looks like the servos should be in stock around 8/30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darin Jordan View Post
Great... thanks!

I just placed an order for the plane and all the "stuff" from Horizon... Looks like the A7030HV Wing servos are still not in stock. Hopefully Spektrum gets those in soon. I've been using the Digital UM servos in my smaller boats for some time now, and the larger 6020/6030 sized ones in all my larger boats. Great servos.
Old Aug 22, 2012, 04:34 PM
Renton
Joined Sep 2006
92 Posts
Quote:
Looks like the servos should be in stock around 8/30
Yeah...

I've been watching those small digital servo's ETA dates change for over a year now... I've had two A7020 on backorder since 10/28/2011...

Hopefully soon...
Old Aug 22, 2012, 04:41 PM
Joined Aug 2012
176 Posts
hahahaha well that sucks, don't you hate that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darin Jordan View Post
Yeah...

I've been watching those small digital servo's ETA dates change for over a year now... I've had two A7020 on backorder since 10/28/2011...

Hopefully soon...
Old Aug 22, 2012, 04:44 PM
Renton
Joined Sep 2006
92 Posts
Quote:
hahahaha well that sucks, don't you hate that.
Well... yeah... it is what it is... I've gone through the same thing with ProBoat trying to get our boats released, so I know what these guys have to go through. Not always something they have direct control over.
Old Aug 22, 2012, 05:56 PM
Team Lumenier Pilot
Australia, WA, Perth
Joined Aug 2011
2,539 Posts
You can get them here, in stock. Mine are in transit now.

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...o-High-Voltage

7020 also in stock.
Grazer is offline Find More Posts by Grazer
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 22, 2012, 06:08 PM
Team Lumenier Pilot
Australia, WA, Perth
Joined Aug 2011
2,539 Posts
The manual is now available. See post #3 in this thread for the link.

Also note some servo extensions have been added to the completion guide.
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 22, 2012, 06:26 PM
Electric Glider Nut
Australia, WA, Perth
Joined Feb 2012
317 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grazer View Post
Sounds promising! My LHS (although not local to me really) had no idea when, but they are going to let me know when they have information. That is MAS Hobbies in Westminster

Can't wait!
Yeah I called them too and got the same response as you. A bit strange seeing as they sell more E-Flite stuff than anyone else this side of the continent lol

Mine will be a little while before it gets in the air as I have a few other projects to finish off first.

Thought about using the e-flite outrunner but I'm using a MVVS outrunner in my TopModel CZ Avia and it's a superbly built and powerful motor - going to get another for the Mystique, to match the specs recommended by e-flite.
timography is offline Find More Posts by timography
Old Aug 22, 2012, 09:50 PM
Joined Jan 2007
179 Posts
Guys, 60AMP is plenty. In fact I did a lot of testing with a 40AMP. Climb on 3S is between 750 -800' in 30 seconds using the 14 x 8.
It's a balsa wing however many launches were performed on solid Hi start with no real problems. Obviously itís not a ďJĒ molded wing however more than acceptable on a winch as long as you donít go too crazy on the peddle.
Airfoil is very responsive to camber change and all the settings are in the manual. With 4mm of camber it hangs pretty good, in cruise at has a great LD and when in speed camber it moves out pretty nice.
Should be shipping is 3-4 weeks and servos will also be available in the same time frame.
Some pretty big players in the soaring community have flow it and love it, itís my hope you all enjoy it as much as we do,

Pete
TeamHorizon is offline Find More Posts by TeamHorizon
Site Sponsor
Old Aug 22, 2012, 09:59 PM
Joined Aug 2012
176 Posts
Great news...
Old Aug 23, 2012, 06:24 AM
LI, New York, USA
Joined Mar 2003
24,096 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamJR98 View Post
Guys, 60AMP is plenty. In fact I did a lot of testing with a 40AMP. Climb on 3S is between 750 -800' in 30 seconds using the 14 x 8.
It's a balsa wing however many launches were performed on solid Hi start with no real problems. Obviously it’s not a “J” molded wing however more than acceptable on a winch as long as you don’t go too crazy on the peddle.
Airfoil is very responsive to camber change and all the settings are in the manual. With 4mm of camber it hangs pretty good, in cruise at has a great LD and when in speed camber it moves out pretty nice.
Should be shipping is 3-4 weeks and servos will also be available in the same time frame.
Some pretty big players in the soaring community have flow it and love it, it’s my hope you all enjoy it as much as we do,

Pete
OK, NOW you are talking MY language.

Any feel for what kind of hi-start was used? We talking weak weeney hi-start or somethign with some muscle? A 3M Hosemonster would be a good fit for this plane. About 19 pounds of pull at full stretch. My Pinnacle 3m goest to 24 pounds at full stretch.

Any carbon on the spar? If one were to strip the covering is there a way to get some carbon on the spar?

I am not trying to make a J glider, just to create a bit more reserve if one were to slightly over pedal it on the winch. I have launched Gentle Ladies on the winch but I hold my breath every time. A little carbon would give that extra safety margin.

As for e-gldier, I would look at this as an ALES contest ship. For that I need 200+ meter climb in 30 seconds, minimum. Better to do it in 20-25 seconds to give some ranging capability. So about 120 to 150 watts per pound would be my target using the lightest battery possible.

30 seconds of best climb then power off and thermal for 10 minutes then land on the spot. Heaven!
aeajr is offline Find More Posts by aeajr
Last edited by aeajr; Aug 23, 2012 at 07:01 AM.
Old Aug 23, 2012, 06:30 AM
Way to many airplanes!
Canada, QC
Joined Oct 2009
5,453 Posts
"Assembly Time: 10-15 Hours"

I'm not a glider guy, and I know space can be thight, but isn't this a bit long, just to install a motor/esc/rx and putting it together? Something else I should know? I believe the horns/servos are already installed?
RealGambler is offline Find More Posts by RealGambler
Old Aug 23, 2012, 06:34 AM
Team Lumenier Pilot
Australia, WA, Perth
Joined Aug 2011
2,539 Posts
Quote:
I believe the horns/servos are already installed?
You have to install these. Have a flick through the manual. I posted a link in post # 3.
RCG Plus Member