Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Aug 20, 2012, 09:33 PM
My RC builds in my profile.
United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Feb 2011
2,555 Posts
Alert
A warning about Hobbypartz, NitroCRX and Nitroplanes. Paypal Dispute = Ban Customer

I recently placed a $199.61 order from Hobbypartz to get some parts for crawlers I am building. I consider them a local hobbyking and their location is rather convenient. A week later I have 2 charges on paypal for $199.95, no order email, and no tracking info.

I sent an email copying support and sales asking what was going on with my order. 9 Days later I called and finally got through to a representative. I was told that my account had been banned due to a paypal dispute in January.

Anyone who has deal with these companies has dealt with their service, or lack there-of. I have never had much issue and have always gotten my orders on time. I have placed over $1,500 worth of merchandise over the past few years from this company.

On 12/20/2011 I ordered 6 Dynam 12amp ESCs and when they arrived they were larger than the proton 30a escs I had order.

These were for a mini quad so naturally they would not do...

I attempted to get an RMA from Hobbypartz via email and phone calls but was unable so I filed a paypal dispute to get them to reply. They responded, sent an RMA and I sent back the ESCs. Business as usual right?

Since then I've placed the following orders:

order yhst-62196343123315-233636 $86.02
order yhst-62196343123315-245183 $113.54
order yhst-62196343123315-263254 $391.28
order yhst-62196343123315-263868 $165.14
order yhst-62196343123315-264839 $103.20

I spent a total of $859.18 and if they would have acceped my most recent order that would have been $1058.79 since being banned...

I'd consider myself a loyal customer until I was just "banned" from using their site from a transaction 7 months ago and notified on the phone today.

Unbelievable. The salesperson on the phone was not able to give me a valid reason why I had been banned except that because I had filed a paypal dispute I could no longer buy there.

Keep this in mind when using Hobbypartz, NitroCRX, and Nitroplanes. Not only is their customer service horrible but they feel the need to "ban" perfectly good customers who spend good amounts of money at their store. Pass the word.

Thank god Hobbyking is expanding their USA warehouse and putting these guys out of business. Cut out the middleman anyway...
daign is online now Find More Posts by daign
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 21, 2012, 01:19 PM
Don't take any wooden nickels
United States, CA, San Diego
Joined Mar 2012
1,946 Posts
Yeah, xheli, which is the same company as the above listed ones, are like nazis too. Had a dispute with them trying to get a rma to send stuff back to them. They ignored all my emails, and forget trying to reach them by phone. I actually got my credit card company involved and they temporarily removed the charges for the items I was wanting to rma back to xheli, and said they would try to deal with xheli for me. After all this, and trying a bunch of times, about a month later I was finally able to contact xheli on their "online chat", told them the whole story, in which they finally gave me a rma to send the items back to them and refunded my credit card.

I won't make any more big purchases through them EVER again. From time to time I'll order smaller, cheaper orders from them. But that's all they get... they have NO customer service, and more importantly, they just don't care. Nazis. I see this a lot in the hobby world (snobs), but hardly ever as bad as xheli.
finguz is offline Find More Posts by finguz
Old Aug 22, 2012, 10:14 AM
Joined Jan 2012
162 Posts
Thank's for sharing... I was about to order several lipos from them but no more. This the only way places like will learn.
electrojolt is offline Find More Posts by electrojolt
Old Aug 22, 2012, 01:35 PM
Rocket Programmer
United States, AZ, Mesa
Joined Jul 2007
25,358 Posts
I wouldn't feel too bad about being banned from "Crap Parts Warehouse" but yeah it's not really fair to anyone but them. It's easier to just ban people for a minor infraction than to hire English speaking people capable of sorting out the problems on an individual basis. So, I don't think it's fair or moral, but I can understand why they do it. AT&T did a similar thing a few years ago - dropped all their customers who had a certain threshold of customer service issues - it would have been great if they had passed the savings on to us, but they just did it to satisfy the investors, who I don't care about.
jasmine2501 is offline Find More Posts by jasmine2501
Old Aug 22, 2012, 08:00 PM
Memento Mori
United States, NC, Charlotte
Joined Sep 2009
2,973 Posts
Most people with issues go over to rcdiscuss which is their forum. Rtcharlie seems to be helping all those folks. I've only had 1 issue with any of their company's and was quickly resolved....
Diesel6401 is online now Find More Posts by Diesel6401
Old Aug 22, 2012, 08:06 PM
United States, NV, Las Vegas
Joined Aug 2012
3,459 Posts
Im pretty new going thru hobbyparts..Both times have only been to buy a hobbywing esc..this last time around i noticed i did not recieve a tracking # nor a sales slip via email as well .. Kinda spooky coming from so many vendors that do provide on both...None the less my esc did arrive only 3 days later. ..But still good to know stuff o.p .
Dejavu*Xion is offline Find More Posts by Dejavu*Xion
Old Aug 22, 2012, 09:35 PM
Joined Feb 2011
2,555 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel6401 View Post
Most people with issues go over to rcdiscuss which is their forum. Rtcharlie seems to be helping all those folks. I've only had 1 issue with any of their company's and was quickly resolved....

thank you. I posted this on their forum for all to read. I started calculating how much money I've spent at all their sister sites combined over the years and it was making me SICK.

I got to $2000 and stopped counting.
Old Aug 22, 2012, 10:36 PM
Joined Feb 2011
2,555 Posts
These are orders I have place from hobbypartz and its sister companies over the years....

Clearly I am a horrible customer...
Old Aug 22, 2012, 10:40 PM
United States, NV, Las Vegas
Joined Aug 2012
3,459 Posts
lol...yes you are a horrible customer. Now somebody else gets all your hobby dollars.
Dejavu*Xion is offline Find More Posts by Dejavu*Xion
Old Aug 22, 2012, 10:58 PM
United States, MO, Springfield
Joined Jul 2010
3,490 Posts
your not the first with that issue
they are a scam they cant even keep stock
EU sites have no issue keeping Gens Ace in stock
i think they float on orders and have no credit its only a matter of time
only thing keeping them open is Gens Ace packs
wish some one else would carry them in the US packs are good but Hobbypartz are just a bunch of thieves
Elios000 is offline Find More Posts by Elios000
Old Aug 22, 2012, 11:04 PM
Joined Feb 2011
2,555 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elios000 View Post
your not the first with that issue
they are a scam they cant even keep stock
EU sites have no issue keeping Gens Ace in stock
i think they float on orders and have no credit its only a matter of time
only thing keeping them open is Gens Ace packs
wish some one else would carry them in the US packs are good but Hobbypartz are just a bunch of thieves
Agreed almost all my batteries came from them. And the gens ace imars charger which rocks.

I am fairly certain that choosing not to do business with customers because they chose to use Paypal's "Resolution Center" violates Paypal's Terms of Agreement as a seller and paypal will close their account.

If I have the time and feel up to it I may contact paypal and notify them of this abuse of their site.
Old Aug 22, 2012, 11:06 PM
Joined Feb 2011
2,555 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stixx44 View Post
lol...yes you are a horrible customer. Now somebody else gets all your hobby dollars.
Take a look, thats a LOT of dollars they lost

Multirotors:
https://picasaweb.google.com/1020463...eat=directlink

Cars/Crawlers:
https://picasaweb.google.com/1020463...eat=directlink
Old Aug 22, 2012, 11:23 PM
Joined Jul 2010
3,490 Posts
imars are to small for my needs didnt even look at them check out the icharger line at EPBuddy or even the FMA powerlabs from them as well

im going to pick up a Powerlab 6 soon /Australian accent/ NOW thats a charger

i think they ban people that do it because they have to take time to work it out and paypal with locks that money up till then
this jives with the idea that they have no capital and have to float on money from orders
another thing that backs this up is that they will charge some one and wait 3 week and send an email that its out of stock

again the issue with the gens ace stock
i think they have no credit so they have to wait till they have cash to make an order so you have long waits for new stock

but back to the paypal thing they dont want customers that will tie up money like that
since it makes more work and they lose the money they are floating on
Last edited by Elios000; Aug 22, 2012 at 11:29 PM.
Old Aug 22, 2012, 11:26 PM
Suspended Account
Switzerland
Joined Aug 2012
173 Posts
Please stop pissing all over hobbypartz, it's annoying.....I bought their Concept X and had allot of fun. Maybe you are just abusing your relationship with them. They are not obligated to sell to you or anyone, nothing wrong with a blacklist.

Also stop posting this same thread in multiple forums. It's annoying. Mike
mikhail tupulov is offline Find More Posts by mikhail tupulov
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Aug 22, 2012, 11:32 PM
Joined Jul 2010
3,490 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikhail tupulov View Post
Please stop pissing all over hobbypartz, it's annoying.....I bought their Concept X and had allot of fun. Maybe you are just abusing your relationship with them. They are not obligated to sell to you or anyone, nothing wrong with a blacklist.

Also stop posting this same thread in multiple forums. It's annoying. Mike
well whats wrong with it is it violates Paypals terms of use
sellers cant black list for using paypal to get some thing put right
they ban people that use it because again it means having to deal with it and losing the float
if they had a credit line still they wouldnt have to do that

the OP clearly spent a lot of money there banning him for filing a complaint like that is bad its only a matter of time be for paypal finds out