HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 20, 2012, 05:39 PM
Joined Aug 2012
2 Posts
Discussion
Heng Long Crystals

Hello fellow tankers - I would like to add crystal #4 to my Heng Long KV 1 .[I]t is the basic one with plastic gears and tracks, #3878[/.I] However, there is no 2 hole receiver for it on the only circuit board inside of the tank - I have seen on a how to video a second circuit board that the crystal plugs into . can anyone please advise me on if and how I can install the crystal ? Any input would be greatly appreciated - Thank You - Matto
bulldogmatto is offline Find More Posts by bulldogmatto
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 20, 2012, 06:33 PM
Canada, ON, Barrie
Joined Jul 2011
78 Posts
Matto The reciever board where you need to add or change the crystal is slightly behind the RX18 controller. It is upside down and has 4 small screws holding it down, One in each corner. Should be a blue or green color. Take those 4 screws out turn the reciever board rightside up and pull the old crystal out, add the new crystal and re attached the board to the tank with the 4 screws.
should be easy peasy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bulldogmatto View Post
Hello fellow tankers - I would like to add crystal #4 to my Heng Long KV 1 .[I]t is the basic one with plastic gears and tracks, #3878[/.I] However, there is no 2 hole receiver for it on the only circuit board inside of the tank - I have seen on a how to video a second circuit board that the crystal plugs into . can anyone please advise me on if and how I can install the crystal ? Any input would be greatly appreciated - Thank You - Matto
FreakyDude is offline Find More Posts by FreakyDude
Old Aug 22, 2012, 11:39 AM
Joined Aug 2012
2 Posts
KV 1 Crystal change

Thanks for your help - I don`t believe I can do it - from what you are saying I should be able to swap old for new . There is no crystal to remove (eveything is soldered) and I realized the controller doesn`t have the socket to plug in the crystal . It is an ABC channel tank - the more expensive ones probably have the removeable crystals .
bulldogmatto is offline Find More Posts by bulldogmatto
Old Aug 29, 2012, 05:46 PM
Canada, ON, Barrie
Joined Jul 2011
78 Posts
post a picture of your reciever board, lets have a look at it because even if it is soldered in you can still change it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bulldogmatto View Post
Thanks for your help - I don`t believe I can do it - from what you are saying I should be able to swap old for new . There is no crystal to remove (eveything is soldered) and I realized the controller doesn`t have the socket to plug in the crystal . It is an ABC channel tank - the more expensive ones probably have the removeable crystals .
FreakyDude is offline Find More Posts by FreakyDude
Old Aug 30, 2012, 08:25 AM
Egg Harbor Township, NJ
Joined Mar 2010
176 Posts
Sounds like you have a non-smoke&sound tank, uses a 3 position switch on both tank and transmitter---no removable crystal.
buckeye36 is offline Find More Posts by buckeye36
Old Sep 01, 2012, 11:38 PM
Portland Oregon
Joined Aug 2006
4,810 Posts
HELLO I am asking the same question so what do you about changing it out and how many problems are involve ?. What all do you have to change out or is it eveything ?
if you go to the up dated board something tells me you change everything including the radio unless there is way to do the radio with out going for one with the christals ??

HEY Freaky Dude I sent you an E mail and never got any answers on my questions ?
Just wondering. FOR i am thinking of the way I told you about but I can see a couple of problems doing it the other way.

SO I am still looking for answers. I hope I did push your way.
YOU were helping me and I was starting to learn a few things thanks to you .
By the way did you check out those sights I sudjusted to ya I hope your weeken goes good. talk to ya when you get the time .
thanks again DON
Rustbucket is offline Find More Posts by Rustbucket
Last edited by Rustbucket; Sep 02, 2012 at 09:46 AM.