HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by Slider2732, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Aug 20, 2012, 02:36 PM
Storm Runner guy
USA, OK, Muskogee
Joined Nov 2008
3,581 Posts
Discussion
Thortz Energy HeliPad

A prototype possible product idea, that was tested during the lightning storm last week of my last post.
Your opinions would be appreciated, to help further the project and to see if you guys would be interested in it.

I enjoy flying my Syma S110g outside in the late evening calm outdoor air. Punching the throttle to full and watching it zoom upwards towards a star lit sky is an incredible sight....and a lot of fun can be had if that zoom goes a bit too high and the infra-red glitches !
The problem though, is anywhere to land or takeoff.
The heli can be seen well, but the ground can't.
Wouldn't it be good to be able to takeoff and land, from something looking like a lit up helicopter landing pad ?
Wouldn't it be great, if there were no batteries needed ?
It occurred to me, that something needed to be done, something I could get a lot of use out of, that would just work, with no fuss or bother.

The idea became the Thortz Energy HeliPad, a possible product from my new start up company, aiming to offer fresh energy technologies for R/C and the home.
The helipad features 4 flashing lights, one at each corner of a landing area that's just about right for small heli's.
Simply push the Earth energies collector piece into the ground and the lights begin flashing on the HeliPad.
Takeoff and land from the HeliPad...all night if wished, there are no batteries to go flat, ever

Here's a demo video of the prototype being tested:
HeliPad Prototype (1 min 27 sec)

Features
♦ 4x superbright LED's
♦ USB style connector between HeliPad and EEC
♦ Runs in any soil type, even with the drought conditions of this summer.
♦ No corrosion of the metals used in the EEC
♦ Rainproof
♦ Similar circuits have been extensively tested and proven (see YouTube channel)
♦ The EEC unit can power future products
♦ Tough, reliable construction
♦ Easy storage
♦ Flying in a fully paved area like a carpark or large patio ? you could put the EEC section in a bowl of water and the system will still work.
♦ The only product line that uses this system of free energy that you can buy right now ! (I also have Earth Light garden lights available)
♦ Made in America

How does it work ?
The EEC section is comprised of 5 prongs, 4 producing a Negative energy source and 1 providing a Positive energy source.
Placing the prongs into the ground produces a voltage at the output connector of approx 0.7V @ 150uA per output pin. 4x tuned blocking oscillator circuits sit underneath the Helipad and their outputs feed the LED's that are mounted on the top surface.

Depending on interest, the design will be further improved and finished to the highest quality I can manage on zero funds (please do appreciate my financial constraints). I'll work with anyone and any ideas, especially grant funding ideas.
Price is $24.95 + $5 shipping to anywhere in the continental USA, available right now.

Let me know what you think, via a PM or a reply to this post
Slider2732 is offline Find More Posts by Slider2732
Last edited by Slider2732; Aug 20, 2012 at 02:51 PM.
to remove ads between posts