HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 13, 2012, 08:49 AM
Closed Account
Joined Dec 2007
6,549 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roto Rob View Post
I see the instructions say its sensitive to vibrations, has anyone tried this on a gasoline helicopter yet?
The unit is optimized or electrics and there is no governor function in the unit. I've seen some comparisons from those who have tested both the Wookong H and the Naza H, and they claim the Wookong H is less vibration sensitive and better suited for Nitro. That was based on pre production units, so who knows what if anything has changed. They have already just released a firmware update which claims to reduce vibe sensitivity.

Every bit of DJI documentation on the unit speaks of electric helis in the 450-700 class size, and there is never any mention of using it on nitro. I'm not sure if that means they are absolutley excluded or not.
Xrayted is offline Find More Posts by Xrayted
Last edited by Xrayted; Dec 13, 2012 at 09:02 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 13, 2012, 07:29 PM
Denver, CO
Joined Dec 2005
6,255 Posts
Two of my gas helicopters are fairly smooth. The other has a stock motor that vibrates a fair amount. Its SK720 works ok on it, even though the vibration log is pegged.
No governor would be fine, since it would be on a camera helicopter. Governors tend to add lots of vibration in decents.
Will wait to see if anyone does it.
Roto Rob is online now Find More Posts by Roto Rob
Old Dec 14, 2012, 12:35 AM
Lake Zurich, IL
Joined Jan 2008
5,654 Posts
More on Naza-H
http://rc.runryder.com/helicopter/t720767p1/
sidneyw is offline Find More Posts by sidneyw
Site Sponsor
Old Dec 14, 2012, 11:54 AM
Joined Oct 2007
785 Posts
DJI

since you are posting here, I would like to ask:

Would you consider adding magnetic declination to the software?

It seems a bit ridiculous on a modern piece of technology like this that we need to offset the GPS/magnetometer unit to adjust for this. It's a pain if you fly in different locations with different declination too.

The ideal solution of course would be to use the GPS position against a database (about 5kb worth apparently) so that declination is automatically compensated for. Some of the other products in the category already do this and I'm surprised that you don't appear to.

The other option, which is less preferable but still far better than having to physically offset the puck, is to have a field in the setup software that allows us to set a magnetic declination offset manually.

This goes for the NAZA-M too by the way.
rusty_y2k2 is offline Find More Posts by rusty_y2k2
Old Dec 17, 2012, 04:23 AM
Joined Jul 2011
663 Posts
DJI Naza-H 3D Flight in 3DX China 2012

DJI Naza-H 3D Flight in 3DX China 2012
DJI Naza-H 3DX China 3D Flight Part 1 (4 min 38 sec)

DJI Naza-H 3DX China 3D Flight Part 2 (4 min 29 sec)
DJI INNOVATIONS is offline Find More Posts by DJI INNOVATIONS
Site Sponsor
Old Dec 17, 2012, 11:11 PM
Orlando, FL
Joined Oct 2004
447 Posts
Confirmation needed

Could somebody (preferable Sidney) confirm that Naza M and Naza H use the SAME GPS unit or Not?

I see conflicting information. Some websites say they are the same GPS units some says the other way.

Century website shows different part number and price for Naza H GPS and Naza M GPS.

In his earlier post Sidney says they are the same GPS units.

There has to be one correct answer for this. Which one?
iskoos is offline Find More Posts by iskoos
Old Dec 18, 2012, 07:56 PM
Orlando, FL
Joined Oct 2004
447 Posts
Still looking for an answer for the above ^^^ question...
Old Dec 20, 2012, 11:07 PM
Orlando, FL
Joined Oct 2004
447 Posts
Sidney,

Are you not monitoring this thread anymore???
Old Jan 10, 2013, 10:48 PM
Orlando, FL
Joined Oct 2004
447 Posts
You would think that this would be easy to find out. But I can't seem to find a reliable answer.
Please if you have an answer to my question (as stated in post #36), would you let me know?

Thanks
Old Jan 19, 2013, 01:18 PM
Suspended Account
M$ Security
Joined Jun 2010
728 Posts
lot of advertising in all american forums but you get a really bad customer support they never answer our questions this is why I will never buy this chinese flybarless unit.
Mikarro is offline Find More Posts by Mikarro
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Jan 23, 2013, 10:01 AM
United States, CA, Calabasas
Joined Mar 2011
50 Posts
Naza-h

Odd that you say they don't respond I send and email to DJI and they respond within 12 hrs and with an answer to what I need. I have 3 of the NAZAs 2 H and 1 M all working perfect.
Treg is offline Find More Posts by Treg
Old Jan 23, 2013, 04:55 PM
United Kingdom, England, Plymouth
Joined Nov 2011
197 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by iskoos View Post
You would think that this would be easy to find out. But I can't seem to find a reliable answer.
Please if you have an answer to my question (as stated in post #36), would you let me know?

Thanks
The box that the GPS comes in say's . The GPS module is for Naza series only, it does not mention H or M so is must be the same unit for both M and H.
mustbemad is offline Find More Posts by mustbemad
Old Jan 23, 2013, 07:29 PM
Pass me some zip-ties!
United States, FL, Gainesville
Joined Nov 2006
2,537 Posts
Mikarro, if you have no experience with a DJI product then what would make you jump into a thread specifically dealing with a DJI product and down it without any first hand info? I looked back over some of your posts and it seems like you have a pattern of doing this with different products. No offense intended, it was just an observation. Anyway, I've had just about every multirotor flight controller available and I can tell you that as far as customer service goes, DJI is actually very responsive. They have a good product line, they make some decent technology available to the masses, and their stuff works. I have other controllers that may do one thing or another better, but the DJI stuff is well rounded.
HansAuf is online now Find More Posts by HansAuf
Old Jan 24, 2013, 05:56 AM
Suspended Account
M$ Security
Joined Jun 2010
728 Posts
I read several forums, when someone ask a question they just reply "read the manual" that is a fantastic customer support.
anyway it's not suitable for nitro helis because they use CRAP sensors, many people have lot of vibrations with NAZA-H
it's a product made by chinese people it has nothing to do with VBAR made by germans!
Mikarro is offline Find More Posts by Mikarro
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Jan 24, 2013, 07:39 AM
United States, CA, Calabasas
Joined Mar 2011
50 Posts
You can't get any smoother than this, short video to show you. This one of my Trex-500 with NAZA, no vibrations here.
MD500E (2 min 57 sec)
Treg is offline Find More Posts by Treg