SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Aug 27, 2012, 03:58 AM
Australia, SA, Adelaide
Joined Jul 2012
37 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by benderfly View Post
I swapped out the 72 mhz control link with a Dragonlink today. I got 1200 feet and was not even trying to go far. Was able to drive through a garage and crawl out the back and over a step at 1000 feet. DL antenna mast folded and the antenna was basicall dragging sideways and still no problems.

300mw 1280mhz video with skew planar antenna
DL 433 mhz control
no torroids
LC filter on power evein though sepater 3S battery for trans/cam
Very good mate! i have been seriously thinking about buying a DragonLink.. i might order myself one once all my other stuff has come in.
StillOnTheRun44 is offline Find More Posts by StillOnTheRun44
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 27, 2012, 05:10 PM
Joined Sep 2007
792 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by StillOnTheRun44 View Post
Very good mate! i have been seriously thinking about buying a DragonLink.. i might order myself one once all my other stuff has come in.
Only time it glitched at all was when it was in the garage directly behind a concrete wall LOS to me. And I bet if the antenna was vertical it would have been fine. I have been several miles with planes and DragonLink but I did not know it would work ont he ground so well. Plus it is a V1 not the newer V2.
benderfly is offline Find More Posts by benderfly
Old Aug 29, 2012, 03:49 AM
Australia, SA, Adelaide
Joined Jul 2012
37 Posts
Quote:
Only time it glitched at all was when it was in the garage directly behind a concrete wall LOS to me. And I bet if the antenna was vertical it would have been fine. I have been several miles with planes and DragonLink but I did not know it would work ont he ground so well. Plus it is a V1 not the newer V2.
Sounds like DL is the way to go! got a video of it mate?
Old Aug 29, 2012, 06:49 PM
Joined Sep 2007
792 Posts
Quote:
Actually I do think I recorded it. I will go look on the laptop and if it is there I will pull some excerpts.
Old Aug 29, 2012, 08:19 PM
Joined Sep 2007
792 Posts
Quote:
Here you go. Please excuse the shakiness and static. I am working on a better mount, but the fields are rough. Also, the DL antenna fell over, and I think this also contributed to static. And my SPW CP antenna did not have a mast so it was bouncing all over.

First Person View Rockcrawler out to 1200 feet (3 min 29 sec)
Old Aug 29, 2012, 09:39 PM
Australia, ACT, Canberra
Joined Dec 2011
137 Posts
Quote:
Here you go. Please excuse the shakiness and static. I am working on a better mount, but the fields are rough. Also, the DL antenna fell over, and I think this also contributed to static. And my SPW CP antenna did not have a mast so it was bouncing all over.
Nicely done Benderfly! When I first got my Dragonlink I did a range test with no antenna plugged into the receiver. Apparently it should go around 20 metres but I just kept driving (probably about 100 metres) and couldn't get it to glitch!
Bluestreak007 is offline Find More Posts by Bluestreak007
Old Aug 29, 2012, 09:50 PM
Joined Sep 2007
792 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluestreak007 View Post
Nicely done Benderfly! When I first got my Dragonlink I did a range test with no antenna plugged into the receiver. Apparently it should go around 20 metres but I just kept driving (probably about 100 metres) and couldn't get it to glitch!
Thank you very much. I appreciate all your help. Once I get the time to set up the indoor station and get the antennas up I will post it for you. Will be nothing compared to your setup though.

I have been 3.5 miles in the air on DL.
Old Sep 01, 2012, 02:18 AM
Australia, SA, Adelaide
Joined Jul 2012
37 Posts
Quote:
Very nice mate!
Old Sep 02, 2012, 06:46 AM
Australia, SA, Adelaide
Joined Jul 2012
37 Posts
Got some goodies in the mail on friday... so been alittle busy this weekend. so far things are going well. just need to make a 'turret' for the camera and give it a test. i have officially made the electronics housing box water tight (tested it in the back lake to around 1ft deep)
Here is a sneaky shot of whats to come Still waiting on some more packages to arrive. but more photos of the build process sometime in the next week if i find time. cheers
Old Sep 02, 2012, 06:37 PM
Australia, ACT, Canberra
Joined Dec 2011
137 Posts
Don't you love it when the posty brings presies What's in the bags at the top of the first picture?
Looks like you will be able to drive that thing under water!
Bluestreak007 is offline Find More Posts by Bluestreak007
Old Sep 03, 2012, 04:50 AM
Australia, SA, Adelaide
Joined Jul 2012
37 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluestreak007 View Post
Don't you love it when the posty brings presies What's in the bags at the top of the first picture?
Looks like you will be able to drive that thing under water!
They are 35 SMD LEDs al ready to go on the UGV. hahaha i would be happy if it keeps me out of trouble when i take it to the beach. the waves can come from nowhere sometimes down here.
Old Sep 11, 2012, 09:46 PM
Australia, SA, Adelaide
Joined Jul 2012
37 Posts
Just an update, still waiting on a few small items that seem necessary before i start with the camera mount. just a small issue with AustPost but should be sorted out now.
Old Sep 23, 2012, 04:56 PM
Bay Area
Joined Dec 2010
2,394 Posts
Tonka Summit - FPV Baja Racer (2 min 15 sec)
CaliDave is offline Find More Posts by CaliDave
Old Dec 31, 2012, 08:09 AM
fpv denmark
Denmark, Syddanmark, Vejle
Joined Dec 2012
12 Posts
StillOnTheRun44

hey friends is your video tx rx 3000mw 1.2ghz? i have the same video tx rx but i dont think it is 3000mw maybe max 500mw do u have any sugestion?? are they really 3000mw?
aligbk is offline Find More Posts by aligbk