HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 20, 2012, 11:51 AM
It's 5 O'clock Somewhere
Dayton, OH
Joined Feb 2006
418 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Norman Adlam View Post
As I've said earlier, ET - do what you like to yourself (and enjoy it) but keep it to yourself!

The rest of us don't want to pay for your (drug etc users) excesses!
You don't think you are paying for it with your national health care?
RumRunner_1492 is offline Find More Posts by RumRunner_1492
Old Aug 20, 2012, 11:52 AM
United Kingdom
Joined Feb 2005
1,854 Posts
Quote:
As I've said, I don't know the answer - but suspect you have no info to support that claim either.
There is no answer - and why would there be?

The bottom line is - life isn't all a bed of roses and sometime you just have to accept that you can't fix broken stuff!

That's my way anyway - I'll help out and assist anyone who wants help but waving a magic wand (i.e. government policy...) is crap and can't work!
ENGINETORQUE is online now Find More Posts by ENGINETORQUE
Old Aug 20, 2012, 11:54 AM
Official Old Git!
Hampshire, UK
Joined Sep 2000
1,411 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RumRunner_1492 View Post
You don't think you are paying for it with your national health care?
There's quite a lot of treatment that I would vote the NHS doesn't provide!

Elective surgery, fertility treatment and drug users being some of them!
Norman Adlam is offline Find More Posts by Norman Adlam
Old Aug 20, 2012, 11:56 AM
Official Old Git!
Hampshire, UK
Joined Sep 2000
1,411 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ENGINETORQUE View Post
There is no answer - and why would there be?

The bottom line is - life isn't all a bed of roses and sometime you just have to accept that you can't fix broken stuff!

That's my way anyway - I'll help out and assist anyone who wants help but waving a magic wand (i.e. government policy...) is crap and can't work!
Well, there may not be 'an answer' but there are bound to be varying levels of failure!

A community helping is little different that the population getting the government to help - or are you joining the ranks of our "all gooberment are the Devils servant" crowd?
Old Aug 20, 2012, 11:57 AM
LcJ
Forever TMWT Pilot #11
United States, LA, Monroe
Joined Mar 2003
5,939 Posts
Just for the record, I don't consider "pot" as a drug that should be controlled unless by a parent or employer. Never smoked it, but now, legal I would to see if it helps pain.
LcJ is offline Find More Posts by LcJ
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: RC Logger's Eye One Xtreme Quad
Old Aug 20, 2012, 02:08 PM
Who, ME?
Euclid Ohio
Joined May 2005
315 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by LcJ View Post
Just for the record, I don't consider "pot" as a drug that should be controlled unless by a parent or employer. Never smoked it, but now, legal I would to see if it helps pain.
Considering some of the effects, it should be a controlled substance. I am told it DOES help some kinds of pain. A friend's mom used to smoke it if she couldn't sleep.
dll932 is offline Find More Posts by dll932
Old Aug 20, 2012, 05:15 PM
It's 5 O'clock Somewhere
Dayton, OH
Joined Feb 2006
418 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dll932 View Post
Considering some of the effects, it should be a controlled substance. I am told it DOES help some kinds of pain. A friend's mom used to smoke it if she couldn't sleep.
It should be controlled the same way as alcohol and tabacco.
RumRunner_1492 is offline Find More Posts by RumRunner_1492
Old Aug 20, 2012, 05:20 PM
Joined Jan 2008
1,208 Posts
Well we tried prohibition of alcohol. The results were: funding of the rise of organized crime in the USA, corruption in government, loss of government income from liquor taxes, Illness and death from consumption of bad moonshine, creation of scofflaws who wanted a drink.

Consumption of alcohol has societal costs, but how do those costs compare with the costs of prohibition? I think we didn't learn a thing from prohibition. The cartoon in the OP is exactly right as to who profits from the war on drugs. I think drugs should be legalized, monitored for quality and safety, and taxed in the same way as tobacco and alcohol. Incidentally, I haven't looked up the numbers, but I suspect use of tobacco products has cost us more than illegal drugs, or alcohol, in terms of health costs.
Jim Thomerson is offline Find More Posts by Jim Thomerson
Old Aug 20, 2012, 05:25 PM
turn, turn, turn.
Athol, Massachusetts
Joined Oct 2005
10,453 Posts
Quote:
Especially for ET and Kenny, from the Bible, "A time to kill and a time to heal."
So, are you saying that Jesus would kill?
Kenny Sharp is offline Find More Posts by Kenny Sharp
Old Aug 20, 2012, 05:25 PM
Registered Broncos Fan!
United States, CO, Aurora
Joined Sep 2007
687 Posts
Quote:
You should come up to CO then. Here it's as simple as seeing a <ahem> Doctor and getting a <ahem> prescription, then taking it to the local <ahem> pharmaceutical dispensary to get it filled. Once all the <ahem> legalities are taken care of you're home free.

No, I don't think pot should be illegal, but the way CO made it legal for medical purposes is a sham. Of course politicians and dealers are making out fine from the deal.
n00b-E is offline Find More Posts by n00b-E
Old Aug 20, 2012, 06:22 PM
Холодная война все еще здесь.
Joined Aug 2003
1,669 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by logan5 View Post
These three don't think so.
I've said this since 1986, I remeber who I said it to and it was not well recieved then...

You can not give common sense and wisdom is always rejected by idiots.

As long as it is profitable on all sides look foward to much more of the same.

Our government is an embarassment on this issue.
RCWorks is offline Find More Posts by RCWorks
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 21, 2012, 01:55 AM
United Kingdom
Joined Feb 2005
1,854 Posts
Quote:
Well, there may not be 'an answer' but there are bound to be varying levels of failure!

A community helping is little different that the population getting the government to help - or are you joining the ranks of our "all gooberment are the Devils servant" crowd?
Gotta have goobermint cos the proles are 'thick' and can't organise themselves

Sad but true
Old Aug 21, 2012, 04:20 AM
Official Old Git!
Hampshire, UK
Joined Sep 2000
1,411 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ENGINETORQUE View Post
Gotta have goobermint cos the proles are 'thick' and can't organise themselves

Sad but true
But the 'proles' have organised themselves to have a gooberment!

(And whilst most are, not all of us proles are 'thick'... )

Old Aug 21, 2012, 04:21 AM
United Kingdom
Joined Feb 2005
1,854 Posts
Quote:
But the 'proles' have organised themselves to have a gooberment!

(And whilst most are, not all of us proles are 'thick'... )

The proles don't organise themselves - worker bees organise the proles into thinking like them and you get 'goobermint' from that.

It's all smoke and mirrors - most of the 'prodding' is fear based - same with religion!
Old Aug 21, 2012, 05:39 AM
LcJ
Forever TMWT Pilot #11
United States, LA, Monroe
Joined Mar 2003
5,939 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenny Sharp View Post
So, are you saying that Jesus would kill?
Actually He did. He took His own life for our sins. Neither the Romans nor Jews killed Him, but we all did in a way. He said, "It is finished and then gave up His Spirit." Which is what He told His disciples He would do in John. "Nevertheless I tell you the truth; It is expedient for you that I go away: for if I go not away, the Comforter will not come unto you; but if I depart, I will send him unto you."

Murder is never condoned but in Ecclesiastes we are told:

Quote:
2 A time to be born, and a time to die; a time to plant, and a time to pluck up that which is planted;

3 A time to kill, and a time to heal; a time to break down, and a time to build up;

4 A time to weep, and a time to laugh; a time to mourn, and a time to dance....
Don't know it this has meaning or not but Jesus never criticized a Roman solder or the Roman Army, and even made a point of letting all who crucified him know that He asked God for their forgiveness.
LcJ is offline Find More Posts by LcJ
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: RC Logger's Eye One Xtreme Quad