HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by xplaneguy, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Sep 25, 2012, 01:11 PM
United States, TN, Jackson
Joined Dec 2006
101 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMS View Post
Can I ask someone that has this airplane to take a measurement for me? Could someone put the waco on a table and lift the tail so it is level, then measure the distance from the motor shaft to the table.

I want to know the exact clearance before I purchase it, so I can see what size prop I can fit on it. Why? I want to use a large prop on 3S for more of a scale speed and because I have dozens of 3S batteries. I do this often with good results but I don't want to buy this if I can't run a larger / slower prop. Thanks!
I don't have it here with me at the moment, but will get that measurement for u,
I'm pretty sure though that it's got enough clearance to run a larger prop for a 3cell to give it plenty of power to fly it.
flybri is offline Find More Posts by flybri
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 25, 2012, 01:16 PM
Joined Dec 2006
101 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GetterDragun View Post
How does this compare to the Dynam "Peaks"?
well this one is no where near as capable of doing the "aggressive aerobics" or 3D as the Peaks is. Tumbles, Water Falls, Blenders,Flat Spins, Hovering, etc... that the Peaks can do this one will not do

This Waco is more of a sport type flying plane and a very good one at that
Old Sep 26, 2012, 07:14 AM
RMS
Westport, MA
Joined Oct 2004
882 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by flybri View Post
I don't have it here with me at the moment, but will get that measurement for u,
I'm pretty sure though that it's got enough clearance to run a larger prop for a 3cell to give it plenty of power to fly it.
Thanks. I hope you can get that info for me.
RMS is offline Find More Posts by RMS
Old Sep 29, 2012, 05:13 PM
Joined Dec 2006
101 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMS View Post
Thanks. I hope you can get that info for me.
It's 8.5 inches. So u got room to go up in prop diameter
Old Nov 29, 2012, 07:19 PM
Nashville TN, USA
Joined Jun 2004
1,324 Posts
Test flew buddies Waco today......flies nice and stable and MUCH more docile than my Peaks. They have a really nice airplane except for the plastic yellow wing strut mounts......they break very easily....the peaks and devil are carbon fiber.....these are soft plastic.
mjdee14 is offline Find More Posts by mjdee14
Old Nov 30, 2012, 05:50 PM
Clear Skies & Contrails
Edwards AFB, CA
Joined May 2009
2,891 Posts
Interesting....I've been putting my Waco through the aerobatic ringer and haven't had any issues with the strut mounts. I'll continue to keep an eye on them.

Thanks,
Tony
xplaneguy is online now Find More Posts by xplaneguy
RCG Plus Member