HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 19, 2012, 07:33 PM
Joined Aug 2012
1 Posts
Question
total-hobbies.com

i was looking around on total-hobbies.com and was getting a little confused. none of the pictures work, it looks exactly like nirtorcx.com, no add to cart button, and everything is ridiculously cheap. anyone ordered anything from here or know if its legit??
jbarber19 is offline Find More Posts by jbarber19
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 22, 2012, 07:40 PM
Joined Aug 2012
2 Posts
website is fake

when i first saw this website i was amazed by how cheap it was. but like you there where no pictures or an add to cart button. so i did some research and
1) found out that nitrorcx.com look almost exactly the same.
2) so then i found out total-hobbies.com number which is on their website(http://total-hobbies.com/aboutus.html) and i called it but it turns out that it was a number from a different company called towerhobbies.com.
3) next thing i did was went to godaddy.com and typed total-hobbies.com(http://who.godaddy.com/whois.aspx?do...rog_id=GoDaddy) it sayed that the company's address was
Goldfild Ctr.
Fotang NT 0000
Hong Kong, Hong Kong 0000
Hong Kong
4) on nitrorcx.com it says that they have a price match guarantee saying that it will basically match any other prices(http://www.nitrorcx.com/lowprmagu.html)

with all this information i think u can put together that this website is fake and was probably trying to get cheap stuff
hunter711 is offline Find More Posts by hunter711
Old Aug 22, 2012, 08:23 PM
Canada, ON, Markham
Joined Aug 2008
8,791 Posts
Prices are the same as nitrorcx/hobbypartz/etc, probably all run by the same company. I wouldn't call it fake, just another face for the same company.
wparsons is offline Find More Posts by wparsons
Old Sep 04, 2012, 04:32 PM
Joined Aug 2012
2 Posts
total-hobbies.com does nt have the same prices as nitrorcx.com. its loke $40 cheaper at toat than at nitro
also thats stupid
why would they spend an extra $30 for another website thats almost excatly the same but nt let u buy anything
hunter711 is offline Find More Posts by hunter711
Old Dec 10, 2012, 03:43 PM
Joined Feb 2012
1 Posts
“The NitroRCX.com and Total-hobbies.com are not related what so ever. They do not operate in any relational fashion and have copied the site for an unknown reason. The development of the site was create by “total hobbies” and was an unauthorized copy of the NitroRCX website with a separate domain causing a large amount of confusion for consumers. The site cannot be price matched because it does not serve a purchasing function and is just merely a copy of the NitroRCX website. I would suggest ignoring it.”
ChargerFan17 is offline Find More Posts by ChargerFan17
Old Mar 05, 2013, 04:46 PM
Joined Feb 2013
25 Posts
I just went to check out an item that was less than retail price and in the shopping cart it was more than retail price. They hope you order without looking at the final price.
jbaker22 is offline Find More Posts by jbaker22