HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 19, 2012, 01:45 PM
Staffs UK
Joined Feb 2010
3,070 Posts
Build Log
New F1 project building plug and moulds

Thought id share my latest project
Working of the previous build and proving well so far thought id start the next version but this time instead of an all wood hull im building plugs to mould them instead
There is some minor tweaks to improve performance after studying the runs with the other F1
So far iv built the lower hull plug and getting it ready to mould,once moulded ill then lay up the 1st lower and build the topdeck directly on it then mould the top half but this will have too be mould in 2halves due to the design
There is also some changes to the center pod and canopy to make installing the engine etc easier and easier to work on im going to be doing radio box aswell for perfect fitment into the hull this 1 will be inboard version I am working on a 48" new design with a look like no other F1 for outboard
i will be doing an Ob cowl to suit to hide away the exhaust
This is the hull im working off and improved design

Heres the Lower hull plug

And here is how it looks now all coated,wetsand and polished up ready for several coats of release wax,hoping to mould it this week coming

Will update as build progresses
F1 madness is offline Find More Posts by F1 madness
to remove ads between posts