HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 22, 2003, 09:46 AM
Joined Jan 2003
1,421 Posts
"High End" Receivers For "High End" Cams

Although the Hitec Micro 555 and Electron 6 are pretty much the "gold standard" in the lightweight dual-conversion category, FMA Flight Systems Receivers may also reduce the pucker-factor-anxiety associated with using the more expensive multi-megapixel cameras. The two-transmitter signature discrimination test described on page 17 of the White Paper pdf is very impressive.
aeropal is offline Find More Posts by aeropal
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 22, 2003, 11:06 AM
Frequent User
Broomfield, CO, USA
Joined Jan 2001
1,172 Posts
I am totally jonesing for one of these new systems. The system's ability to 'learn' virtually any aircraft setup simply by waving your hand in front of the heat sensors and moving the transmitter sticks is an amazing leap in functionality.

It wasn't clear to me from the documentation if the new unit will still offer control of the gain 'on the fly'... does anyone know?

Regards,
Bill
yb2normal is offline Find More Posts by yb2normal
Old Nov 22, 2003, 11:45 AM
USA
Joined Oct 2001
5,162 Posts
I have my eye on the the $250 package. As soon as you early adopters help FMA iron out the engr wrinkles I'll take the plunge.

RC-CAM
Mr.RC-CAM is offline Find More Posts by Mr.RC-CAM
Old Nov 23, 2003, 02:50 PM
Frequent User
Broomfield, CO, USA
Joined Jan 2001
1,172 Posts
"engineering wrinkles"?

Now there is a phrase I don't want to hear while I have $800 worth of stuff in the air
yb2normal is offline Find More Posts by yb2normal
Old Mar 19, 2004, 08:51 AM
Joined Jan 2003
1,421 Posts
Another contender:
Sky & Technology/enRF
aeropal is offline Find More Posts by aeropal
Old Mar 19, 2004, 02:48 PM
Fiberglass dont bounce???
Zion, Il.
Joined Sep 2002
2,408 Posts
What about the Berg receivers? The new Berg 6G rx has Transmitter Signal Recognition (TSR) of the receiver learns the characteristics, or the signature of the transmitter, and this makes it compatible with all brands of FM transmitters. It also has Fail Safe (FS) or Signal Hold and Auto-detection modulation polarity shift so the rx will work with pos. & neg. shift radios. It has Digital Signal Processing (DSP) in the servo pulse decoder for optimum performance in even the worst RF environments. All for $79.95, thats pretty good. The new Berg 5 DSP II has everything that the 6G does, execpt the 5 dosnt have Fail Safe and thats only $49.95. Berg rx's are all I use now, and I have never had a problem. http://www.aeromicro.com/berg6g3.htm ...R...
RandyK1 is offline Find More Posts by RandyK1