HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Closed Thread
Old Aug 18, 2012, 07:27 PM
Joined Aug 2012
6 Posts
Help!
After 10 minutes, my new M41A3 Walker Bulldog get crazy

Hello there,

I'm a really newbie here, specially talking about RC tank. I beg apologize for anything stupid that I write...

Yesterday I bought a Heng Long M41A3. After charge the battery for 8 hours I started play inside my house, talking more specific in my TV room. Everything was fine until my girlfriend had use the TV remote control near of the tank, after that the tank freeze shooting the cannon. I have tried many tricks like remove the battery, switch off/on the smoke, sound, bullets (safe button), but ever I turn on the engine of tank (using the remote control), the tank starts firing the cannon without stop.

Please, could any expert help me?
_Phoinix_ is offline Find More Posts by _Phoinix_
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 18, 2012, 09:34 PM
Canada, ON, Barrie
Joined Jul 2011
78 Posts
sounds like you have one of the quality control issue tanks that HL makes. The wiring somewhere is shorting out and has the cannon firing stuck in a loop or your Transmitter ( Radio ) is faulty. Did you buy the tank at a store?
I would take the hull top off and follow all my wires make sure the plugs are seated properly and there are no obvious short circuits. Pay attention to where the wires get soldered onto the boards as HL is famous for bad solder jobs.
do that and repost if you still have the problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Phoinix_ View Post
Hello there,

I'm a really newbie here, specially talking about RC tank. I beg apologize for anything stupid that I write...

Yesterday I bought a Heng Long M41A3. After charge the battery for 8 hours I started play inside my house, talking more specific in my TV room. Everything was fine until my girlfriend had use the TV remote control near of the tank, after that the tank freeze shooting the cannon. I have tried many tricks like remove the battery, switch off/on the smoke, sound, bullets (safe button), but ever I turn on the engine of tank (using the remote control), the tank starts firing the cannon without stop.

Please, could any expert help me?
FreakyDude is offline Find More Posts by FreakyDude
Old Aug 19, 2012, 05:41 PM
Joined Aug 2012
6 Posts
First of all, thank you FreakyDude for you reply!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreakyDude View Post
Did you buy the tank at a store?
Unfortunately I bought it in a foreign store, so I can't ask for refund

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreakyDude View Post
I would take the hull top off and follow all my wires make sure the plugs are seated properly and there are no obvious short circuits. Pay attention to where the wires get soldered onto the boards as HL is famous for bad solder jobs.
do that and repost if you still have the problem.
Ok! I will do it and after that, I return here with the result...
Old Aug 20, 2012, 06:34 PM
Canada, ON, Barrie
Joined Jul 2011
78 Posts
next issue to check is the battery, sometimes you run the HL batteries down and the tanks do weird things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Phoinix_ View Post
First of all, thank you FreakyDude for you reply!

Unfortunately I bought it in a foreign store, so I can't ask for refund

Ok! I will do it and after that, I return here with the result...
FreakyDude is offline Find More Posts by FreakyDude
Old Aug 24, 2012, 09:35 PM
Joined Aug 2012
40 Posts
Heng Long issues

Purchased a bulldog last week and on the second run the receiver board gave out. It ran fine on the first charge, then I charged the battery and ran it around for about 5 minutes. I started crawling up some very small low impact bumps(a soft shelled rifle case laid flat on the floor with nothing in it), as I came over the other side of the bump as soon as the tank touched the floor it stalled and the engine sound continued to run at full power with no control. I turned it off at the tank, turned the controller back on and it would not respond after that. I could not get the tank to fire back up.

Ordered the Taigen 2.4 Ghz digital transmitter and receiver + upgraded speaker in hopes that it would fix the tank. I was happy with purchasing just the tank and running gear without their janky transmitter and electronics for the 90 dollars I spent. I didnt know if this would fix it, but I figured it couldnt hurt to try. Got the stuff today and within an hour had the tank back on its tracks rippin around the neighborhood! I removed the smoker and its equipment as well, I dont see the need to have something that looks faulty to begin with in there with all the electronics. When i opened the exhaust manifolds to remove the hoses for the smoker, the hoses werent even connected to the pipes coming out of the manifold and overnight the hoses that connect to the smoker motor came off. Its not that cool of an effect for the risk involved in my opinion.

I wanted to write this post to help anyone that might be struggling with their machine. I didnt see a lot of videos or literature on the net for this kind of conversion so I figured maybe this would help someone out in the future. So anyways, the Taigen transmitter will work in Heng Long Tanks and it does replace the receiver board, the speaker, and the original control module in the tank. The new control module/receiver also has a built in fan and the unit eliminates the need for an aerial antennae. Its a sweet setup! I got mine on amazon for about 79 clams!

Pictures to come soon!
mattius7 is offline Find More Posts by mattius7
Old Aug 24, 2012, 10:41 PM
Joined Aug 2012
6 Posts
Have you the User Instructions, User Guide or User Manual of M41A3?

My tank came without one...

I tried searching on web for one manual to download, but no success.
Old Oct 06, 2012, 01:42 AM
Portland Oregon
Joined Aug 2006
4,845 Posts
HELLO ok in the last month or so I have play around with a few HL tanks the older boards These are tanks that was brought back to the store I was dealing with. I was able to pick a few up these are tanks that was not runing when I did pick them up. OK here is what I have found wrong. Mostly loose wires- loose plugs ins- a couple with a weak motor or not working at all. ALso radios that did not match the tanks. So far for the most parts I have able to get them runing like new. So that is what I have found at this point and one with a bad 6 cell battery Good LUCK Other wise. O ya one with a loose turret but have not got into that yet . DON THE Rustbukcet
Rustbucket is offline Find More Posts by Rustbucket
Old Nov 15, 2012, 10:38 AM
Joined Aug 2012
6 Posts
Solved

Hello,

I solved the problem with a trick:

1. Open the tank to get access to central control.
2. Locate the cable connected in the port named "M. Gun".
3. Unplug the cable.
4. Turn on the tank and verify if the states became normal again.
5. Turn off the tank.
6. Plug again the cable.
7. Cover the tank. That's finish!

I attached a picture showing the plug.
Closed Thread