HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 02, 2013, 11:06 AM
Canada, ON, Kincardine
Joined Feb 2009
525 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henni View Post
As I told you before, very nice outcome, I like it alot, looks great the way you did it!
It fly's really well. Now I just need to find someone who is capable of wringing it out like you do with the original.
Helno is online now Find More Posts by Helno
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 02, 2013, 09:57 PM
froots loops
Canada, QC, Montreal
Joined Apr 2012
839 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Helno View Post
It fly's really well. Now I just need to find someone who is capable of wringing it out like you do with the original.
what lenth between arms motors to motors
saskya is offline Find More Posts by saskya
Old Feb 02, 2013, 11:51 PM
Canada, ON, Kincardine
Joined Feb 2009
525 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by saskya View Post
what lenth between arms motors to motors
There is about an inch between the props. You have the cad file for the small one. Scale it up to 8 inch props and you will get the size of this one.
Helno is online now Find More Posts by Helno
Old Feb 03, 2013, 01:42 AM
What goes up, must come down
United States, MI, Midland
Joined Sep 2009
705 Posts
After completing my beautiful aluminum folding H quad, it did turn out to heavy :/ (pic two)
So I decided to make another one but out of carbon fiber rod that I had laying around (pic one)

The main objectives were to carry a GoPro and be able to run off of a 3s 5000 as I have four of them. The aluminum quad did get off of the ground but the frame had some torque issues and it look about 90% throttle to hover, not good. The new carbon fiber frame cut 1pound off of the design which is huge and now hovers at about 30-50% throttle, much better. The carbon frame does fold up I just don't have a pic of that yet.

Sorry for the crappy pictures, I'll try and get better ones soon

Crazy1
crazy1pilot is offline Find More Posts by crazy1pilot
Old Feb 03, 2013, 05:01 AM
Joined Aug 2011
221 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by brontide View Post
Recognize the 24g 1300's, but what is the frame made out of and what size props are you spinning?
The frame is laser cut from my own design. The material is some kind of composit wood which is quite light (70g bare frame) and pretty durable. I've inserted standing CF strips into the arms to gain some strength.
The 1300kv 24g blue wonders are swinging 8x4 props but I think that 8x4.5 would be a little bit more efficient, what do you think?
Here's the link to the motors: http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...er_1300kv.html
They are my favorite motors by far! So good for planes and quads. The only concern is the low quality bearings, I'd like to get some replacements. Anyone have an idea where to buy small bearing?
Btw, I'm using 10a simonK flashed escs.
xardinen is offline Find More Posts by xardinen
Old Feb 03, 2013, 07:59 AM
Joined Jan 2013
29 Posts
Quadrotor (0 min 49 sec)
Mosquito609 is offline Find More Posts by Mosquito609
Old Feb 03, 2013, 08:04 AM
Joined Jan 2013
29 Posts
2200mah 3S lipo, turnigy park 450-890kv, hobbywing Quattro esc, cheapo KK5.5
Mosquito609 is offline Find More Posts by Mosquito609
Old Feb 03, 2013, 02:21 PM
United States, UT, Heber City
Joined Feb 2011
68 Posts
Here is my first Quad. Based on the h-quad from flitetest.
KK2.0 board
hexatronik dt700kv motors
hobbyking 18-20a esc
11.4.75 props
2200mah lipo.

Flies great, but I am still learning how to tune all of the gains etc. It is a work in progress.
HQuad (Quadcopter) First flights (4 min 15 sec)
TJDLEGEND is offline Find More Posts by TJDLEGEND
Old Feb 03, 2013, 03:41 PM
Picture a worm wearing goggles
United States, CA, Roseville
Joined Feb 2012
2,006 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TJDLEGEND View Post
Here is my first Quad. Based on the h-quad from flitetest.
KK2.0 board
hexatronik dt700kv motors
hobbyking 18-20a esc
11.4.75 props
2200mah lipo.

Flies great, but I am still learning how to tune all of the gains etc. It is a work in progress.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OxfWV...ature=youtu.be
Nice quad. Do yourself a favor and either cut off the extra motor shaft or replace them with solid shafts. First little bump will knock them off whack and will never be the same
snipeworm is online now Find More Posts by snipeworm
Old Feb 03, 2013, 11:49 PM
United States, UT, Heber City
Joined Feb 2011
68 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by snipeworm View Post
Nice quad. Do yourself a favor and either cut off the extra motor shaft or replace them with solid shafts. First little bump will knock them off whack and will never be the same
Thanks for the reminder! I was too excited to fly it and haven't got around to it yet.
Next on my to do list!
TJDLEGEND is offline Find More Posts by TJDLEGEND
Old Feb 04, 2013, 12:51 AM
we dont NEED roads!
United States, CA, Rocklin
Joined Aug 2012
3,415 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TJDLEGEND View Post
Thanks for the reminder! I was too excited to fly it and haven't got around to it yet.
Next on my to do list!
I remember saying that all the time too. And one upside down landing was all it took.

I replaced the stock threaded shafts with some 4mm shafts from RCtimer and used some prop adapters and the motors took many more beatings and never bent another shaft. Now, the bearings I cannot say the same.

While you are replacing the shafts, epoxy the motor wires to the motor coils to keep them from vibrating and breaking.
AcroFPV is online now Find More Posts by AcroFPV
Old Feb 04, 2013, 01:46 AM
Joined Apr 2012
18 Posts
The Surveyor...SUPER CHEAP!!

Here are mine. I actually make many for me mainly...

Here is my "Surveyor" multicopter that is VERY simple to build.
- Hood opens to show the entire upper electronics bay
- Allows for 4 or 8 motor setup
- Is weather resistant
- CHEAP and easy to build
Lower area snaps off to allow for typical rail mounted camera racks and landing gear
- Can use retracts
Aerosight UAV is offline Find More Posts by Aerosight UAV
Old Feb 04, 2013, 04:09 PM
Picture a worm wearing goggles
United States, CA, Roseville
Joined Feb 2012
2,006 Posts
Looks good. Where do you get your landing gear? I can't seem to find them cheap enough
snipeworm is online now Find More Posts by snipeworm
Old Feb 04, 2013, 04:34 PM
United States, FL, Bradenton
Joined Jun 2012
423 Posts
Here's my new frame. It's 30" diagonal motor to motor. The arms are 5/8" Lowe's poplar, and the top and bottom plates are 1/4" poplar. I got it silly high up yesterday and the V tail was still very clear in the sky. The color scheme helps with orientation when closer to Earth. That's a Canon SD780IS riding on there. Foam ear plugs work quite well at absorbing vibrations. I've gotten some decent 720P video with it. I'll upload a clip soon. I may rebuild to try to shed some weight - it takes 50% throttle to hover now.

Same equipment as before -

Emaxx GF2215/25
Skywalker 20A
APC 10x4.7
KK2.0
Gforce 4000mah 25c
HKT6AV2
installerblizz is offline Find More Posts by installerblizz
Old Feb 04, 2013, 06:18 PM
Canada, ON, Merrickville-Wolford
Joined Jun 2012
835 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by installerblizz View Post
Here's my new frame. It's 30" diagonal motor to motor. The arms are 5/8" Lowe's poplar, and the top and bottom plates are 1/4" poplar. I got it silly high up yesterday and the V tail was still very clear in the sky. The color scheme helps with orientation when closer to Earth. That's a Canon SD780IS riding on there. Foam ear plugs work quite well at absorbing vibrations. I've gotten some decent 720P video with it. I'll upload a clip soon. I may rebuild to try to shed some weight - it takes 50% throttle to hover now.

Same equipment as before -

Emaxx GF2215/25
Skywalker 20A
APC 10x4.7
KK2.0
Gforce 4000mah 25c
HKT6AV2
Seems fitting to have a "TV" quad fitted with a camera

cheers,
Andrew
Banjo5 is offline Find More Posts by Banjo5