SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Nov 24, 2012, 04:02 PM
United States, SC, Irmo
Joined Mar 2012
2,492 Posts
Will do. Thanks again subaru. For now I'm justgoing to use the stick method. It works so I have no complaints. I just have to be on a verylevel surface when I activate it. I was looking around on the web and found a really nice frame and gimble for $60. So I ordered it. I may use the parts from my Aerosky H100. Also the H100 Tx has a proportional knob on ch5 so I can rotate the camera slowly.

Tom

http://www.valuehobby.com/multicopte...unt-combo.html
carr52 is offline Find More Posts by carr52
Last edited by carr52; Nov 24, 2012 at 07:47 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 24, 2012, 06:26 PM
we dont NEED roads!
United States, CA, Sacramento
Joined Aug 2012
3,358 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by carr52 View Post
Will do. Thanks again subaru. For now I'm justgoing to use the stick method. It works so I have no complaints. I just have to be on a verylevel surface when Iactivate it. I was looking around on the web and found a really nice frame and gimble for $60. So I ordered it. I may use the parts from my Aerosky H100. Also the H100 Tx has a proportional knob on ch5 so I can rotate the camera slowly.

Tom

http://www.valuehobby.com/multicopte...unt-combo.html
I have a buddy who uses that same frame and gimbal, and they both work very well. I have seen his quad take some very long tumbles and survive quite well.
AcroFPV is online now Find More Posts by AcroFPV
Old Nov 24, 2012, 06:30 PM
Stop me before I build again!
United States, NY, Albany
Joined Sep 2012
1,320 Posts
I wonder where the YouTube video is for lactivating.

As a note, you only need to calibrate level, you can activate at any angle and it should work ( well that's the theory at least )
brontide is offline Find More Posts by brontide
Old Nov 24, 2012, 07:47 PM
United States, SC, Irmo
Joined Mar 2012
2,492 Posts
With my flying skills I need all the help I can get.

Tom
Old Nov 24, 2012, 07:49 PM
United States, SC, Irmo
Joined Mar 2012
2,492 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by brontide View Post
I wonder where the YouTube video is for lactivating.

As a note, you only need to calibrate level, you can activate at any angle and it should work ( well that's the theory at least )
"Iactivating" yep I had to change that. LOL.

Tom
Old Nov 24, 2012, 10:57 PM
------------------------
United States, CA, Glendale
Joined Jan 2012
942 Posts
Follow up flight video for my folding quad for 10" props...

Folding Frame - 10" prop first flight and jello test (2 min 39 sec)

Still getting some jello. Still tweaking. Its flying nice enough though.

phil

Edit: Excuse the shorts. I was just about to go running and had to get the test flight in first of course.

PS: Forgot to mention the onboard GoPro has a Sunnex 60 FOV lens (non Fisheye)
Captain3D is offline Find More Posts by Captain3D
Old Nov 25, 2012, 12:20 AM
Chasing dreams not d competion
uk
Joined Feb 2009
576 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by acicuecalo View Post
Hi I'm new on this group and I like to build multirotors and robots. I'm from Spain and this is mi scrach built H-Quad:

ESC TURNIGY Plush 25amp Speed Controller
FCB Hobbyking KK2.0 Multi-rotor LCD.
RC RX FrSky D4R-II CPPM mode.
Slow Fly Electric Prop 11x4.7 de hobbyking.
HexTronik DT750 Brushless Outrunner 750kv.
GoPro Hero HD.
Video TX ImmersionRC 5,8 Ghz.
Skew Planar Wheel Antennas from Circular Wireless
LCD FatShark.

[IMG]http://carabaza.es/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/2012-11-16-21.47.56-1024x768.jpg[/IMG

Flight: 18 minutes whith LiPo Turnigy NanoTech 3 cells 8400 mAh and 1300 mAh for video TX and GoPro:

[URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3xsmJywUEMQ"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3xsmJywUEMQ[/URL
Nice, what is the distance between motors and what sort of weight is it. It has simular equipment specs to my build.
BrownOut is offline Find More Posts by BrownOut
Old Nov 29, 2012, 06:20 PM
Joined Jul 2008
587 Posts
My frame isn't totally scratch built so I hope people don't mind me joining the thread. I've used the flyduino centre plates that warthox designed along with some carbon fibre arms I made myself. I've used wooden dowl inserts to reinforce the centre of the hollow carbon fibre where i have the bolts running through to mount the motors. The carbon fibre arms are about 1/3rd lighter than the aluminium they replace and 2cm longer with a motor to motor distance of 45cm.
It weighs 624 grams total with the 3cell 2200mah lipo and 430 grams without.
The flight controller is a scratchbuilt arduino nano multiwii based board. The arduino nano is handy because it means it has built in USB.

teslahed is offline Find More Posts by teslahed
Last edited by teslahed; Nov 29, 2012 at 06:33 PM.
Old Nov 29, 2012, 06:27 PM
Emress
United States, SD, Rapid City
Joined Nov 2011
1,936 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by teslahed View Post
My frame isn't totally scratch built so I hope people don't mind me joining the thread. I've used the flyduino centre plates that warthox designed along with some carbon fibre arms I made myself. I've used wooden down inserts to reinforce the centre of the hollow carbon fibre where i have the bolts running through to mount the motors. The carbon fibre arms are about 1/3rd lighter than the aluminium they replace and 2cm longer with a motor to motor distance of 45cm.
It weighs 624 grams total with the 3cell 2200mah lipo and 430 grams without.
The flight controller is a scratchbuilt arduino nano multiwii based board. The arduino nano is handy because it means it has built in USB.

Nice! id consider anything that has all the components bought individually and then assembled to be scratch built. frame,motors, escs etc
sirbow2 is offline Find More Posts by sirbow2
Old Nov 29, 2012, 06:35 PM
Joined Jul 2008
587 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirbow2 View Post
Nice! id consider anything that has all the components bought individually and then assembled to be scratch built. frame,motors, escs etc
I think i'm good then, thanks

I am looking at designing and building my own centre plates. I know a guy locally who just built himself a laser cutting machine. It may be a little while before i manage to get that working though - need to learn CAD first

Frame - warthox centre plates, own design arms.
Motors - Turnigy SK3 2822s (nice and light at 31grams, 1275kv 8 amps max)
ESCs - 20 amp rctimer flashed with SimonK (will upgrade to something lighter in the future these are just what i had spare)
Props - RCtimer full carbon 8"
Radio equipment - just the standard turnigy 9x stuff with the radio running er9x firmware.
Home made arduino nano based multwii flight controller with MPU6050 gyros and accelerometers.

I was aiming for a good power to weight ratio for stunt flying rather than the most possible power - I'm starting to think they fly nicer that way, although it could be personal preference.
Last edited by teslahed; Nov 29, 2012 at 08:24 PM.
Old Nov 29, 2012, 06:41 PM
Joined Sep 2012
1,320 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by teslahed View Post
I think i'm good then, thanks

I am looking at designing and building my own centre plates. I know a guy locally who just built himself a laser cutting machine. It may be a little while before i manage to get that working though - need to learn CAD first
Scroll saw and some printouts as templates have gotten me from rectangular plates to more custom looks. Heck, many of my designs are just from folding paper and then using a ruler and some random curved surfaces.

High thrust to weight also usually means much more throttle headroom for the FC to play with for control. My current favorite bird is based on turnigy 3020 1300kv, 8x4x3 ( soon to be 9x4.7 ) with an AUW of less than 700 even with a 4Ah battery. Quite zippy and can fly on 2s as well.
Old Nov 29, 2012, 07:33 PM
Joined Jul 2008
587 Posts
Quote:
with an AUW of less than 700 even with a 4Ah battery. Quite zippy and can fly on 2s as well.
I bet that does accelerate well. Do you have any video?

Here's mine, although i've not quite finished PID tuning it yet;

New Carbon Fibre 'Warthox' Flyduino quadcopter frame (7 min 48 sec)
Last edited by teslahed; Nov 29, 2012 at 09:20 PM.
Old Nov 30, 2012, 12:18 AM
United Kingdom
Joined Jul 2012
378 Posts
Nice flying teslahed!! Love those lazy loops haha, I still haven't built a super light sport frame yet, it's on the list though.
jimbob69 is offline Find More Posts by jimbob69
Old Nov 30, 2012, 10:07 AM
Spain
Joined Sep 2007
10 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrownOut View Post
Nice, what is the distance between motors and what sort of weight is it. It has simular equipment specs to my build.
Hi.
Distance between left and right motors (from axle to axle) = 405 mm.
Distance between front and rear motors (from axle to axle) = 420 mm.

Quad Copter weight is 1050 g.

Total weight of Quad Copter, 8400 mAh 3 cells Lipo, GoPro Camera, Video TX 5,8 Ghz and 1300 mAh 3 cells Lipo for video Tx is: 2080 g. Flight time is 18 minutes with this setup (complete FPV gear GoPro).

Name: 2012-11-30 16.59.58.jpg
Views: 311
Size: 270.2 KB
Description: Total weight H-Quad with FPV gear.
acicuecalo is offline Find More Posts by acicuecalo
Old Nov 30, 2012, 10:13 AM
Joined Sep 2012
1,320 Posts
Quote:
My current favorite bird is based on turnigy 3020 1200kv
Crap, the Turnigy 3020 1200kv motors are just eating themselves. Looks like I need to pick a new type or learn to rewind. I'll probably try and rewinding since I like the size and weight and I was hoping to put in a new shaft anyways since 5.5mm mount sucks.