SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Nov 23, 2012, 10:35 PM
Picture a worm wearing goggles
United States, CA, Roseville
Joined Feb 2012
2,006 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by carr52 View Post
Well heres what I've got so far. The frame is made from CF arrows I got at Wal Mart and the rest is light plywood and epoxy.

Tom
https://vimeo.com/54154152
Nice work Carr, Now to update the firmware and go FPV!
snipeworm is online now Find More Posts by snipeworm
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 23, 2012, 11:00 PM
United States, SC, Irmo
Joined Mar 2012
2,541 Posts
Thats on my list of things to learn. Firmware 1st. I'm not really sure how to do that. I guess I need to find the cable I need to hook it to the PC. Its flying pretty good right now but its a little twitchy. I lowered the gain 5 points. Won't know if that worked till I get it outside tomorrow.

Tom
carr52 is offline Find More Posts by carr52
Old Nov 23, 2012, 11:50 PM
we dont NEED roads!
United States, CA, Rocklin
Joined Aug 2012
3,416 Posts
Quote:
Thats on my list of things to learn. Firmware 1st. I'm not really sure how to do that. I guess I need to find the cable I need to hook it to the PC. Its flying pretty good right now but its a little twitchy. I lowered the gain 5 points. Won't know if that worked till I get it outside tomorrow.

Tom
You need one of these to flash your KK2 board: http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...occessors.html

Or a friend who lives nearby that has one
AcroFPV is online now Find More Posts by AcroFPV
Old Nov 24, 2012, 01:18 AM
Spain
Joined Sep 2007
10 Posts
H-Quad

Hi I'm new on this group and I like to build multirotors and robots. I'm from Spain and this is mi scrach built H-Quad:

ESC TURNIGY Plush 25amp Speed Controller
FCB Hobbyking KK2.0 Multi-rotor LCD.
RC RX FrSky D4R-II CPPM mode.
Slow Fly Electric Prop 11x4.7 de hobbyking.
HexTronik DT750 Brushless Outrunner 750kv.
GoPro Hero HD.
Video TX ImmersionRC 5,8 Ghz.
Skew Planar Wheel Antennas from Circular Wireless
LCD FatShark.

Flight: 18 minutes whith LiPo Turnigy NanoTech 3 cells 8400 mAh and 1300 mAh for video TX and GoPro:

Prácticas de FPV con el H-Quad. (2 min 20 sec)
acicuecalo is offline Find More Posts by acicuecalo
Last edited by acicuecalo; Nov 24, 2012 at 01:32 AM.
Old Nov 24, 2012, 01:28 AM
Switzerland
Joined Jul 2010
346 Posts
18mn ? Well done.
And happy to see one more QuadH on air.

We are more each day with this H shape
eyesonsky is offline Find More Posts by eyesonsky
Old Nov 24, 2012, 01:39 AM
Spain
Joined Sep 2007
10 Posts
Without FPV stuff and 3cells 8400 mAh LiPo, I've managed 28 minutes flight whith this setup .
acicuecalo is offline Find More Posts by acicuecalo
Last edited by acicuecalo; Nov 24, 2012 at 01:46 AM.
Old Nov 24, 2012, 03:31 AM
------------------------
United States, CA, Glendale
Joined Jan 2012
952 Posts
So I went ahead and glued my frame to increase stiffness. No good for crashing though. It is enough to get it up and flying while I decide how to make improvements. It is a heavy frame at around 600g and AUW of around 2KG with my stereo GoPros etc.

But it folds nicely, fits in hand luggage and seems stiff enough. I will test out camera vibes tomorrow. Hopefully the dual layer with isolators will work well. I aded two 'restrictor' bolts. They come up through the moving top plate but do not touch it under normal flight. In the event of a crash they should stop the silicone isolators tearing apart. They allow for about 4mm of movement in any direction.

phil
Captain3D is offline Find More Posts by Captain3D
Old Nov 24, 2012, 10:28 AM
United Kingdom
Joined Jul 2012
378 Posts
Got my new spidery style quad finished up today, couple of quick tests outside but it's raining pretty heavily, has a ton of pep without the the gopro on,

really like the openpilot real time pid tuning setting, super cool for basic hand held tuning, feels reasonably locked already!!
Weather looks shiddy all week now so no vids this week

jimbob69 is offline Find More Posts by jimbob69
Old Nov 24, 2012, 11:04 AM
United States, SC, Irmo
Joined Mar 2012
2,541 Posts
I've been reading the manuals for the USBasp cables. It written for someone who already knows how touse it. I didn't have the slightest idea what I was reading. I haven't given up yet. I'll just have to keep reading. Thanks for the help everyone.

Tom
Old Nov 24, 2012, 11:21 AM
United Kingdom
Joined Jul 2012
378 Posts
I ordered the usbasp cable but it hasn't turned up yet

Don't have much use for my kk2 now I have the cc3d though and my Paris board ain't going anywhere.

Maybe it'll go on another basher in the new year.

Try and learn to fly without autolevel carr52, much better for your learning curve. Flying in auto level just feels so horrible to me, I only ever set it up for my failsafes.
jimbob69 is offline Find More Posts by jimbob69
Old Nov 24, 2012, 12:08 PM
United States, SC, Irmo
Joined Mar 2012
2,541 Posts
I know how to fly it, I just don't know how to turn the auto level on. As you can see in my video I don't have a whole lot of room out here to fly but I do ok. Do I have to hook another wire to the Rx and KK2 board? I went to the KK2 thread and read the Q&A parts but no luck on how to connect anything for auto level.
I hate to ask but how do I do it.

Tom
Old Nov 24, 2012, 12:12 PM
Stop me before I build again!
United States, NY, Albany
Joined Sep 2012
1,320 Posts
Yes, the 5th channel should be hooked up to the Rx "aux" channel. This is usually the 5th channel on the Rx, but it can vary between manufacturers.
brontide is offline Find More Posts by brontide
Old Nov 24, 2012, 12:27 PM
we dont NEED roads!
Joined Aug 2012
3,416 Posts
Quote:
I know how to fly it, I just don't know how to turn the auto level on. As you can see in my video I don't have a whole lot of room out here to fly but I do ok. Do I have to hook another wire to the Rx and KK2 board? I went to the KK2 thread and read the Q&A parts but no luck on how to connect anything for auto level.
I hate to ask but how do I do it.

Tom
You can also activate auto-level by using your transmitters sticks, instead of having it assigned to a 5th channel.

If I remember correctly, you have to hold the left stick in the DOWN/LEFT (disarm) position. Then with the right stick, move it to the UP/LEFT or UP/RIGHT to enable or disable Auto-Level. This method only works if you have AutoLevel set to "STICK" and not "AUX" in the misc. settings.
Old Nov 24, 2012, 02:51 PM
United States, SC, Irmo
Joined Mar 2012
2,541 Posts
I have a couple channels left on my Rx. Gear or flaps and aux. I can use gear port for auto level and save aux for lights or any other extras. Are there any settings I need to change in the KK2 or just plug it in and go? Thanks subaru. I'll try that first.

Tom

Update: I tried the stick method. It works. Thank you Subaru4wd. I took some video. Not sure how it turned out yet. I'm also new at trying to use the gopro. Also I went to the Rx test section and got the numbers back to 0. This video is without auto level.
gopro on quadcopter (1 min 52 sec)
Last edited by carr52; Nov 24, 2012 at 04:26 PM.
Old Nov 24, 2012, 02:56 PM
we dont NEED roads!
Joined Aug 2012
3,416 Posts
Quote:
I have a couple channels left on my Rx. Gear or flaps and aux. I can use gear port for auto level and save aux for lights or any other extras. Are there any settings I need to change in the KK2 or just plug it in and go? Thanks subaru. I'll try that first.

Tom
If you run the 5th channel from the RX to the KK2 board, you can use any spare channel on the RX... just so long as your transmitter is programmed to use that channel on a switch.

Make sure if you use the RX to control autolevel, that the misc. setting for autolevel is set to AUX and not STICK.