HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 18, 2012, 03:22 PM
Joined Jul 2012
5 Posts
Discussion
How Do I Order from Hobby king US warehouse?

I can't seem to get an answer from Hobby King support on how to order from the US warehouse to get cheaper quicker shipping? I am 84 years old and not to good with the Internet and Hobby Kings home page.

Any help appreciate.
sky95598 is offline Find More Posts by sky95598
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 18, 2012, 07:59 PM
United States, CA, Pinole
Joined Jan 2009
800 Posts
On their home page there should be a menu on the left side of the screen showing a tab for either global or USA warehouse.

hope this helps
imgumby
imgumby is online now Find More Posts by imgumby
Old Aug 18, 2012, 08:08 PM
Joined Jul 2012
5 Posts
How do I order from Hobby King US warehouse?

Thank you for the information. I think I found my problem. I was not on the home page. Once I got on the right page things worked fine.

Thanks again.
Old Aug 19, 2012, 08:41 AM
Joined Jul 2012
5 Posts
Hoe do I order from Hobby King US warehouse/

I was to quick to fault Hobby King support. I got an email this morning that gave me the following link.
www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/US.asp?
and it works.
Old Aug 20, 2012, 09:08 AM
Space Coast USA
Space Coast
Joined Oct 2000
20,897 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by imgumby View Post
On their home page there should be a menu on the left side of the screen showing a tab for either global or USA warehouse.

hope this helps
imgumby
Unfortunately, that comes and goes. Some days it's there and somedays it's not. I've contacted CS several times about that but no permanent solution yet. Clicking on the USA on the right side takes you to the USA warehouse but finding something that way is hard as there is no way to browse.
hoppy is offline Find More Posts by hoppy
Old Aug 20, 2012, 01:15 PM
Suspended Account
United States, CT, Hartford
Joined Jun 2009
5,336 Posts
I don't think I've ever seen the tab for USA on the site. I go to the search function on the left side, middle of the screen, then manually type in USA. That does a really good job of bringing up the stock for the warehouse. Every now and then something slips in there that is for another warehouse. I also picked some stuff out to buy and all showed USA but when I went to pay, said I could not pick items in different countries. There was clearly a glitch somewhere. Also, the last few pages of items don't always show the pics of the items, just a description.
porcia83 is offline Find More Posts by porcia83
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Sep 20, 2012, 04:39 PM
Tennessee
Joined Dec 2005
186 Posts
It seems to me that regardless the cost of the item or the shipping gets you one way or another. For example I was going to order a Stinger 64 jet from the USA warehouse. The jet was $89 and shipping was $13. I got busy and came back to place the order and my cart was empty. Then as I was searching for the stinger I noticed list price was $79 for the same jet but shipping went up to $23. Apparently the $79 one is not in the us. Win lose situation it seems. For $89 I will just order the jet from valuehobby Anyone else noticed this
joallen001 is offline Find More Posts by joallen001
Old Sep 20, 2012, 05:05 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Jun 2009
5,336 Posts
you'll pay either way, but it's usually cheaper on HK. if you get the US warehouse it's more for the plane, less for shipping, but it still pretty much adds up to the same amount as the overseas shipping.

Valuehobby is good, so is Hobby Lobby, both have this plane.
Old Sep 20, 2012, 07:32 PM
Space Coast USA
Space Coast
Joined Oct 2000
20,897 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoppy View Post
Unfortunately, that comes and goes. Some days it's there and somedays it's not. I've contacted CS several times about that but no permanent solution yet. Clicking on the USA on the right side takes you to the USA warehouse but finding something that way is hard as there is no way to browse.

Like many things that HK gets blamed for, this was my problem, not HKs.. By clearing all my HK cookies, the web pages worked perfectly. I passed that solution on to HK so they can steer the next person in the right direction.
hoppy is offline Find More Posts by hoppy
Old Sep 20, 2012, 08:27 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Jun 2009
5,336 Posts
whaaa?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoppy View Post
Like many things that HK gets blamed for, this was my problem, not HKs.. By clearing all my HK cookies, the web pages worked perfectly. I passed that solution on to HK so they can steer the next person in the right direction.
Boy, I thought everything wrong with the world today was due to something HK has done.