HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by achurin, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Aug 18, 2012, 01:32 PM
Beginner RC Pilot
United States, CO, Broomfield
Joined May 2012
92 Posts
Build Log
The AeroBus (AXON Pusher variation)

Materials:

4x Dollar Tree foam sheets
3x Packing Tape (Blue, White and a little black for the windows)
Gorilla Glue

Electronics:
4x 10g Servos HK Link
Tunigy 2200kv Motor HK Link
6x4E Prop
2s 1800mAh 25-50C Turnigyu Nano-Tech

New Video! Day 3
Pusher Axon Day 3 - Scratch Built (2 min 45 sec)

Day 2
AeroBus Day 2 (4 min 46 sec)

Day 1 - Maiden Flight
Pusher AeroBus (AXON) (5 min 15 sec)

HD FLIGHT VIDEO

---
achurin is offline Find More Posts by achurin
Last edited by achurin; Aug 24, 2012 at 12:43 AM. Reason: added day 3 video
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 18, 2012, 03:23 PM
Canada, ON, London
Joined May 2011
1,699 Posts
Nice work!

Can you add a few links to the build thread / plans for that one? Looks like a fun one to build and could be a nice video/FPV platform. How long a flight time did you get with the 2S lipos? Is it even worth going 3S? I know flat bottom wings can balloon at higher speeds. Just curious.

Cheers,
J
uberjay is offline Find More Posts by uberjay
Old Aug 18, 2012, 03:35 PM
Beginner RC Pilot
United States, CO, Broomfield
Joined May 2012
92 Posts
Experimental Airlines

uberjay,
I watched a bunch of Ed's videos on-line: http://www.youtube.com/user/ExperimentalAirlines
He has videos about the wing construction too. I used a 10mm carbon fiber rod that I got from Hobby King a while ago to join the wings.

Pretty much all my dimensions were based on minimizing cutting.

The 2S gave me 13 mins of flight, but frankly I brought it down just because it was a maiden flight. I did not try to test the battery. that was enough for my nerves for one day. I will conduct a battery test soon. I have a 3S I will try in the next day or two and post an update.

I have a huge weight in the front of the plane for balance. FPV gear would be a great fit to counter the pusher setup instead. Plus no prop obstruction!
achurin is offline Find More Posts by achurin
Old Aug 18, 2012, 04:06 PM
Canada, ON, London
Joined May 2011
1,699 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by achurin View Post
The 2S gave me 13 mins of flight, but frankly I brought it down just because it was a maiden flight. I did not try to test the battery. that was enough for my nerves for one day. I will conduct a battery test soon. I have a 3S I will try in the next day or two and post an update.
Nice... I get you on the nerves thing. Call me a glutton for punishment, but I even maiden my friends' planes - there's a "thrill" for you, especially when something goes wrong! (ask me how I know )

Good that it runs nice and long on 2S - cheaper energy, but I bet the added weight of the 3S will help offset the nose weights.

Quote:
Originally Posted by achurin View Post
I have a huge weight in the front of the plane for balance. FPV gear would be a great fit to counter the pusher setup instead. Plus no prop obstruction!
Sweet... and yeah, pushers are nice for video. I have (had) a Stryker in the past and loved grabbing post flight videos from it - no good for FPV though due to the weight / shape of the plane, etc.

Cheers,
J
uberjay is offline Find More Posts by uberjay