HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 18, 2012, 01:18 PM
Licensed Lunatic
United States, FL, Lake City
Joined Mar 2012
254 Posts
Idea
Another X525 (and other X### frames) mod - relocating the landing gear

So the spring loaded landing gear on these frames are a joke... the springs loose their tension after a while, and I personally had one hell of a time just getting the springs to stay on... Plus, they rattle something fierce no matter how well my props seemed to be balanced.

My solution? get rid of the spring loaded aspect of it, reuse the landing gears themselves, mark and drill some new holes in the booms, and solid mount them to the booms further in closer to the center of the chassis. Should bring the weight a little closer in and maybe help with control and stabilization a little, but personally I think it actually looks a little better not having all that mass out at the ends of the booms.

I know I'm probably not the first one to this, but I just thought I'd share

iamsuperbleeder is offline Find More Posts by iamsuperbleeder
Last edited by iamsuperbleeder; Aug 18, 2012 at 08:48 PM.
to remove ads between posts