HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 21, 2012, 07:42 PM
Joined May 2012
65 Posts
as for the servo tray.in the arttech pitts its almost directly below the seat/cockpit.i put it on tracks on each side of fuse.i like to pin and spot glue it untill i get a good CG.then i final glue.this makes it so you will not have to add weight
flyrcusa is offline Find More Posts by flyrcusa
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 21, 2012, 07:52 PM
Joined May 2012
65 Posts
here is a ex.for servo tray.hope this helps on any build
Old Oct 21, 2012, 08:19 PM
Joined Aug 2009
1,663 Posts
I don't know anything about Wal-Mart foamboard - it seems to me that, given the amount of work going into this plane, it would be worthwhile to use EPP and carbon fiber instead of budget materials. Especially with this being an aerobatic plane. I've got two 30" wingspan 3D planes, one weighs 270 grams and the other weighs 200. The 270 gram plane is a total dog by comparison.
Jack the R is offline Find More Posts by Jack the R
Old Nov 04, 2012, 08:40 PM
Joined May 2012
65 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack the R View Post
I don't know anything about Wal-Mart foamboard - it seems to me that, given the amount of work going into this plane, it would be worthwhile to use EPP and carbon fiber instead of budget materials. Especially with this being an aerobatic plane. I've got two 30" wingspan 3D planes, one weighs 270 grams and the other weighs 200. The 270 gram plane is a total dog by comparison.
it was quite abit of work the first time,but now on V3 version its a piece of cake.all together i think this plane would be classified as a park flyer rather than a 3d bipe,but it is much lighter than the arttech pitts that i got the shapes and spec's from.flys almost the same.the arttech pitts is somewhat heavier thow
Old Nov 04, 2012, 08:44 PM
Joined May 2012
65 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack the R View Post
im sorry jack i forgot.you can also get this foam from the dollar tree.its 5mm foam with a paper skin on each side.some people leave the paper on,but i always remove it.it works like a dream.it cost more at walmart
Old Nov 04, 2012, 08:45 PM
Joined May 2012
65 Posts
when i started these planes i was shooting for 3d,but they are more parkflyer
Old Nov 28, 2012, 11:54 AM
Joined May 2012
65 Posts
im going to start trying to sell these and hope to get feedback to improve this and all models to come.thanks much and please give FLYRCUSA a chance.thanx,anthony.
Old Jan 19, 2014, 11:18 PM
Joined Jan 2014
1 Posts
This looks awesome. Any update on the plan progress. I am really keen to get into this. Might I ask if these plans would work with 6mm Depron foam. Foam board here in Australia is not as light as the options available in the US and MUCH more expensive. I get 6mm Depron in various densities at reasonable prices.

Eager to get into this little beauty...
YanivMeyer is offline Find More Posts by YanivMeyer
Old Feb 03, 2014, 10:49 AM
umop apisdn - downside up
United States, MI, West Bloomfield Township
Joined Sep 2012
844 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyrcusa View Post
im going to start trying to sell these and hope to get feedback to improve this and all models to come.thanks much and please give FLYRCUSA a chance.thanx,anthony.
I've been drooling over the HK version, but am now eagerly anticipating yours.

Owen
nagromnewo is offline Find More Posts by nagromnewo