HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 27, 2012, 11:59 AM
Quebec Aerotow Association
Canada, QC, st-jean-sur-richelieu
Joined May 2010
570 Posts
I tried calling but the line is always busy so i opened up a support ticket.

I asked for a refund or a voucher. The plane had a 15.99$ difference and the shipping had a 60$ difference. I'll see how this goes.

A real hobby shop with good customer service would honor this no problem. I'm not holding my breath though. I headed over to the Nitroplanes section of RC Groups . I did not expect to see so many posts !!
Charlescd is offline Find More Posts by Charlescd
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 28, 2012, 11:24 AM
Joined May 2010
570 Posts
I officially believe Nitroplanes employees are on crack !!

I received a response to my support ticket and the following was stated:
we cannot ship the order as the box length is over 40 inches

What !!!! I my years of ordering planes and gliders from Nitroplanes - I've never had a box under 48 inches shipped to my door. Infact, i've never ordered a model from anywhere on planet earth that could fit in a 40 inch box.

Now I'm stuck with the hardware that I purchased form HobbyPartz for this Glider.

I personnalty beleive that it's a story and that they do not have the product in stock yet. I've had 72 inch boxes shipped from Tower Hobbies and have never heard of any restrictions on box size.
Old Aug 28, 2012, 12:00 PM
Hacienda Heights, CA
Joined Sep 2000
343 Posts
Charles,

Sorry to hear about your problems with NP. It may well be that they're out of stock.

If they were going to ship via USPS, there apparently is a 46" limitation on the length of the parcel- Sect. 211.22 here:

http://pe.usps.com/text/imm/ce_003.htm

The hardware that you ordered for the Masala may be a good fit in the E-Flite Mystique, when it becomes available. It's a little smaller, and pricier, but should fly well. At least you'll be able to get it from a more reliable source, and have support service.

Regards,

Jim
JimO is online now Find More Posts by JimO
Old Aug 28, 2012, 03:46 PM
Joined May 2010
570 Posts
My second order is still pending .... approval. I gave them a call and explained the situation and asked for it to be shipped ground if need be.

For the limit, it seems to be for usps only. If they use ups, fedex, purolator, etc... you can ship any size you want. Some members of my club have had 7 meter gliders shipped in crates from the U.S to Canada.

The Masala is 1515mm which is 60 inches for the fuselage. Add an inch or two for the box + padding and you have a 65 inch box.

Anyways, if they decide not too ship then I'll look elsewhere for a glider.
Old Aug 29, 2012, 07:16 PM
Joined May 2010
570 Posts
Well they cancelled the second order. That it's for me - I'm out of luck.

If anyone manages to buy one, let me know how it is.

A+
Charles
Old Aug 30, 2012, 06:34 PM
Air Crash Expert
Louisiana
Joined Oct 2005
1,177 Posts
I tried to order one today and received a confirmation email. Then a few hours later, received the following email.....

"The order is currently on hold for security purposes. For verification we need you to fill out and complete our Credit Card Authorization Form. Please email the form to verification@nitroplanes.com or to our secured fax number (626)968-9830.
Once we receive your information we will email you within 2 business days with the progress on the order. Be assured that all information you provide will be treated as strictly confidential and used only in relation to verifying this order. If we
do not receive this information, your order will be placed on hold, and will subject to cancellation after two weeks.
It is our goal to avoid any problems, and to continue to conduct business with you. Therefore it is important that we receive this information. Should you have any questions or concerns, please call us at (626)968-9860 Monday to Friday 9am to 7pm PST, or email us at verification@nitroplanes.com.

Best Regards,
NitroPlanes"

I've never had this from any company, even overseas. My guess is they will stall and wait till I cancel.
So much for "Availability: Usually ships the next business day"
Pretty poor way to do business.
sawman is offline Find More Posts by sawman
Last edited by sawman; Aug 30, 2012 at 06:58 PM.
Old Aug 30, 2012, 06:48 PM
Joined Apr 2012
2,427 Posts
It sure is looking like they don't actually have them in stock and are fishing for orders to figure out how many to order. My guess is that many people will just move on to something else that's actually in stock with another vendor.
peterlngh is offline Find More Posts by peterlngh
Old Sep 03, 2012, 02:05 PM
United States, WA, East Wenatchee
Joined Oct 2007
274 Posts
jeff reeves is online now Find More Posts by jeff reeves
Old Sep 03, 2012, 02:25 PM
Joined May 2010
570 Posts
I even asked them the dimensions and weight of the box so I could use a US to Canada mail forwarder. I never received a response.
Old Sep 03, 2012, 04:02 PM
Joined Apr 2012
2,427 Posts
I think it's time to let this one go, Charles. It's a real pity that they can't even take enough interest in taking your money to give you an up front reply. If they won't have them until next March and they're going to charge twice the price they should just tell us.
Old Sep 03, 2012, 09:28 PM
Air Crash Expert
Louisiana
Joined Oct 2005
1,177 Posts
I posted over on the NitroPlanes forum. Got a response next day. Haven't heard anything since. I think we can write them off, but if anything changes, I'll post here.
sawman is offline Find More Posts by sawman
Old Sep 04, 2012, 11:26 AM
Joined May 2010
570 Posts
Thanks Sawman. I've moved on to a TopModel CZ Fastasy 3.2m . The model from Nitroplanes with shipping - if they would agree to ever ship (quoted from their website + mail forwarding) would run close to 400+$.

Icare Rc sells the Fantasy for close to 500$. We do not know the quality of the Nitroplanes model but we sure as hell know the quality of a TopModel CZ. Also i can pickup so there's no shipping involved.
Old Sep 11, 2012, 11:35 AM
Joined May 2010
570 Posts
The price is now up to 255.00$. There are some reviews on their website but nothing official. Let's see a build thread.
Old Sep 12, 2012, 03:20 PM
Joined May 2010
570 Posts
I asked them the box dimensions and received this as an answer. 1515mm x 1740mm x 750mm.

1515 x 1740 mm x 750 is : 60 iches long, 70 inches wide by 30 inches thick.

I asked them to re-validate the information on August 30th. Still no reply. that's not a box, it's a crate!!!!
Old Sep 12, 2012, 03:28 PM
Joined Apr 2012
2,427 Posts
I suspect that either the 70" or the 60" has been multiplied by 10. I don't know what to think of a company that is losing business because they can't measure a box!