HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by CarreraGTSCS, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Aug 18, 2012, 07:36 AM
Cut the yellow wire
United States, NJ, Trenton
Joined Jan 2004
8,997 Posts
Careful!
Piper's 10 Commandments

I found this online today. I've been a bit Cub crazy the last few months.

From the PIPER CUB Special J3C-65 OWNER'S MANUAL, dated MAY 15 1946.

TEN COMMANDMENTS For Safe Flying

1. THOU SHALT NOT BECOME AIRBORNE WITHOUT CHECKING THY FUEL SUPPLY: It only takes a few minutes to gas upÖ it may save you a forced landing.

2. THOU SHALT NOT TAXI WITH CARELESSNESS: Taxi slowly and make S turns to clear the area in front of the nose. Know the proper use of the controls for taxiing in strong winds.

3. THOU SHALT EVER TAKE HEED UNTO AIR TRAFFIC RULES: Keep a constant lookout for other aircraft. Follow the rules so that pilots of other planes will know what you are going to do.

4. THOU SHALT NOT MAKE FLAT TURNS: This is particularly important when making power-off turns. You steer with the ailerons, not the rudder.

5. THOU SHALT MAINTAIN THY SPEED LEST THE EARTH ARISE AND SMITE THEE: Donít be fooled by the increase in ground speed resulting from a downwind turn. Keep sufficient airspeed.

6. THOU SHALT NOT LET THY CONFIDENCE EXCEED THY ABILITY: Donít attempt instrument flying in adverse weather conditions unless you have the proper training and the necessary instruments. Instrument flying is a highly developed science. Donít pioneer.

7. THOU SHALT MAKE USE OF THY CARBURETOR HEATER; The carburettor heater is your friend. Know when to use it. Remember that itís easier to prevent ice in the carburettor than to eliminate it after it has formed.

8. THOU SHALT NOT PERFORM AEROBATICS AT LOW ALTITUDES: Aerobatics started near the ground may be completed six feet under the ground. Thereís safety in altitude.

9. THOU SHALT NOT ALLOW INDECISION IN THY JUDGEMENT: Be certain! You canít afford to make errors of judgement. ďI think I can make itĒ is on the list of famous last words.

10. THOU SHALT KNOW ALWAYS -- THE GOOD PILOT IS THE SAFE PILO T: Itís better to be an old pilot than a bold pilot.

Courtesy of Piper Aircraft Corporation
Lock Haven, PA
CarreraGTSCS is offline Find More Posts by CarreraGTSCS
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by CarreraGTSCS; Aug 22, 2012 at 08:30 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 18, 2012, 03:59 PM
Mt Tamborine, Queensland, Australia
Joined May 2008
756 Posts
Good stuff, thanks for posting.
tobermei is offline Find More Posts by tobermei
Old Aug 22, 2012, 08:31 PM
Cut the yellow wire
Joined Jan 2004
8,997 Posts
Thanks!
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Split elevator set up JR 9303
Old Oct 30, 2012, 10:18 AM
The "pro" in procrastination
Canada, ON, Kingston
Joined Mar 2004
2,644 Posts
Regarding Number 10 - when I was doing flight training, our instructors used to say there are old pilots and bold pilots, but there are no old, bold pilots...
Steve85 is offline Find More Posts by Steve85
Old Jan 03, 2013, 08:41 PM
Ireland, Dublin, South Dublin
Joined Apr 2012
3 Posts
David D Johnson EV/DV111 Instructions for plan.

Hi and happy new year CarreraGTSCS. I see that you are or have been building a David Johnson 1/4 scale EV / DV111. We have a set of DJ's plans but no building instructions. I have been trying to get my hands on a copy on the Jan 2005 issue of MAN, that has a review for this model but no-joy with that. Would there be any chance that you might scan and email any info you might have on same. With thanks. Adrian, Dublin, Ireland. Email address: pro@live.ie
Adrian14mz is offline Find More Posts by Adrian14mz
Old Jan 03, 2013, 08:43 PM
Cut the yellow wire
Joined Jan 2004
8,997 Posts
Sure. Give me a little time to find it and scan it. If I don't get it to you in a week or so please PM me a reminder.

Happy New Year,
Mike
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Split elevator set up JR 9303
Old Jan 03, 2013, 08:50 PM
Joined Apr 2012
3 Posts
Will do and thanks again Mike. Adrian
Old Jan 03, 2013, 09:20 PM
Joined Apr 2012
3 Posts
Sig 1/4 Scale Clipped Wing Cub (5 min 49 sec)
Old Sep 12, 2013, 09:03 PM
How's the wind today?
Canada, ON, Toronto
Joined Oct 2011
797 Posts
Great Blog and words to fly by. Love Cubs and always will.

Starmax 1400 MM Piper J3 Cub (5 min 1 sec)

RCbyAIR
Rcbyair is offline Find More Posts by Rcbyair