HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 19, 2012, 09:08 PM
Dude, I do fly all day long!
San Jose, California
Joined Dec 2007
5,828 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carnifax View Post
Anyhow, rcalldaylong seems to have a personal thing for HK, so I'd take advice from him with a grain of salt.
sure. it goes both ways; however, bear in mind 90% of valanti's post are anti-HK posts, with 10% post others.

whereas 10% of my post are pro-HK post with 90% others....

Don't believe me...just view myself/valanti's page, and do view all post....

hmmmm.......
rcalldaylong is offline Find More Posts by rcalldaylong
Last edited by rcalldaylong; Aug 19, 2012 at 09:14 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 19, 2012, 09:19 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Jun 2012
787 Posts
I ordered 2 of their new flight stabilizers. I only got one. I got the "take a photo and we'll take 2 weeks to investigate" drill. Now after I file a dispute they say they will ship the item only IF I drop the dispute. If I drop the dispute they don't have to do anything, right?
Navy Jet Mech is offline Find More Posts by Navy Jet Mech
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Aug 19, 2012, 09:43 PM
United States, FL, Sebring
Joined Feb 2006
7,417 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Navy Jet Mech View Post
I ordered 2 of their new flight stabilizers. I only got one. I got the "take a photo and we'll take 2 weeks to investigate" drill. Now after I file a dispute they say they will ship the item only IF I drop the dispute. If I drop the dispute they don't have to do anything, right?
That's the standard tactic. They pulled the same thing with me as well as others. If you drop the paypal dispute, you cannot reinstate a dispute after it's been closed. They are afraid that they will ship the item and paypal will still side with you anyways. HK will always hold leverage and try to protect themselves. Paypal will make it right in the end. Drop the dispute and they don't have to do anything. If they don't deliver or refund, then you elevate the dispute to a claim.
Joe 1320 is offline Find More Posts by Joe 1320
Last edited by Joe 1320; Aug 19, 2012 at 10:01 PM.
Old Aug 19, 2012, 10:00 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Dec 2010
353 Posts
Quote:
They use their delay game to get customers past the 45 day dispute deadline.
You opened a dispute. You and HK should then try to reach an agreement. I would let paypal know that HK is now pressuring you to close the dispute and escalate it to a claim for the missing item plus shipping. Don't close the dispute.
valanti256 is offline Find More Posts by valanti256
Old Aug 19, 2012, 10:03 PM
Registered Loser
Canada, BC, Central Okanagan H
Joined Jun 2010
3,251 Posts
I 2nd that... if they're pulling that crap, then keep the pressure on.
s_mack is offline Find More Posts by s_mack
Old Aug 19, 2012, 10:03 PM
United States, FL, Sebring
Joined Feb 2006
7,417 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by valanti256 View Post
They use their delay game to get customers past the 45 day dispute deadline.
You opened a dispute. You and HK should then try to reach an agreement. I would let paypal know that HK is now pressuring you to close the dispute and escalate it to a claim for the missing item plus shipping. Don't close the dispute.
Absolutely let paypal know that HK is pressuring you to close the dispute before they do anything. Paypal will not be too happy with them.

When they pulled that on me, I told HK I would not close the dispute until they made good. In the end, Paypal took care of the situation.
Joe 1320 is offline Find More Posts by Joe 1320
Old Aug 19, 2012, 10:23 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Jun 2012
787 Posts
I have allready notified paypal about their email. They even went so far as to delete the order from my order history. The ironic thing is that they didn't figure on it being in my paypal history apparently. After that I simply escalated the dispute to a claim.
Old Aug 19, 2012, 10:50 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Dec 2010
353 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by s_mack View Post
yeah, a delivered package DOES obsolve them. In many (most) scenarios, they only offer "partial" protection, and that includes only protection from non-shipment. PayPal's protections are largely bogus. Every claim I've ever had regarding an item that wasn't what it should be... has been rejected. Every one. All the seller had to do was provide a tracking number. "What if they send you a box with a brick in it?". I asked that very question, and their answer was that it was a police matter.

I think transactions within the US are probably different. They're willing to go to bat for you more when they know they can sick the dogs on the fraudster and probably get them. But someone in China who (probably legitimately) forgot to pack an item?

- Steven
I had Two Paypal claims against HK, One for a missing item and One for a DOA item. Both were resolved quickly in my favor. Like Joe said they have the option of a partial claim. It doesn't sound like you're having any luck dealing with CS and we're only talking a few bucks. Your options are limited. I would file a claim. You can do what you want.
Please do search my posts, especially my thread "Don't read this" (about paid HK promoters.
valanti256 is offline Find More Posts by valanti256
Old Aug 20, 2012, 08:06 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Jun 2012
787 Posts
While the amount is admittedly small (14.99) it's not the price so much as the hassle. I have had a long history with Hobbyking and the one other time there was an issue, it was resolved quickly but this time it's different. It's almost like it's not even the same company.
Now, you take my situation and factor it by 100 and it becomes serious money. They tell me that "company policy" dictates that I drop any dispute BEFORE they will make things right and to me this seems fishy.
I had this happen one other time with a chinese vendor and once I dropped the dispute, they quit responding alltogether. Not this time
Old Aug 20, 2012, 08:34 PM
San Jose, California
Joined Dec 2007
5,828 Posts
Quote:
While the amount is admittedly small (14.99) it's not the price so much as the hassle. I have had a long history with Hobbyking and the one other time there was an issue, it was resolved quickly but this time it's different. It's almost like it's not even the same company.
Now, you take my situation and factor it by 100 and it becomes serious money. They tell me that "company policy" dictates that I drop any dispute BEFORE they will make things right and to me this seems fishy.
I had this happen one other time with a chinese vendor and once I dropped the dispute, they quit responding alltogether. Not this time
Good for you. Keep the pressure on them and hopefully they'll come through. It's good they're actually responding- i'm doing a dispute with rctimer right now and they aren't even responding to the dispute.
Old Sep 04, 2012, 11:30 AM
Innovator
United States, MI, White Lake
Joined May 2011
354 Posts
I came to this area of the forum to post my dilemma. I started reading what others have posted and it looks like I just need to contact PayPal :-)

Looooong story short. I placed an order from the USA warehouse and paid Extra for priority Mail because I needed those items now, not in a week or two, now.

They sent me the email saying checker #308 double checker the package and it is being shipped...
I get the package and I'm missing two 370mah batteries but they shipped two 1600mah batteries I didn't order. Checker #308 didn't do their job obviously.
I contact CS. We start the email back and forth game.
I sent Many pictures they asked for. They offer me a price to buy the 1600's, I say, no I don't want nor need them. Send me my paid for items.
They say send back the batteries and they will send out mine once the 1600's are checked back into warehouse. We all know that is going to take a lot of time...
I say I paid for the batteries, I paid for priority mail, send me my items. Please complete my order, Then I will deal with the return. I NEED those batteries, that is why I paid extra for PayPal. They are paid for , please send them.
I get emails like they never read anything I wrote saying send me the batteries then they will send mine.
I repeat. I paid for them, I paid for Priority mail, send me my paid for items with Priority mail and I will send you the other items.
It has been a week and a half, still no joy.
Looks like I need to contact PayPal...
Danford1
danford1 is offline Find More Posts by danford1
Old Sep 04, 2012, 11:38 AM
San Jose, California
Joined Dec 2007
5,828 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by danford1 View Post
I came to this area of the forum to post my dilemma. I started reading what others have posted and it looks like I just need to contact PayPal :-)

Looooong story short. I placed an order from the USA warehouse and paid Extra for priority Mail because I needed those items now, not in a week or two, now.

They sent me the email saying checker #308 double checker the package and it is being shipped...
I get the package and I'm missing two 370mah batteries but they shipped two 1600mah batteries I didn't order. Checker #308 didn't do their job obviously.
I contact CS. We start the email back and forth game.
I sent Many pictures they asked for. They offer me a price to buy the 1600's, I say, no I don't want nor need them. Send me my paid for items.
They say send back the batteries and they will send out mine once the 1600's are checked back into warehouse. We all know that is going to take a lot of time...
I say I paid for the batteries, I paid for priority mail, send me my items. Please complete my order, Then I will deal with the return. I NEED those batteries, that is why I paid extra for PayPal. They are paid for , please send them.
I get emails like they never read anything I wrote saying send me the batteries then they will send mine.
I repeat. I paid for them, I paid for Priority mail, send me my paid for items with Priority mail and I will send you the other items.
It has been a week and a half, still no joy.
Looks like I need to contact PayPal...
Danford1
Danford,

Yes. do the paypal thing, and let us know how that goes.
Old Sep 04, 2012, 11:59 AM
Registered Loser
Canada, BC, Central Okanagan H
Joined Jun 2010
3,251 Posts
I'm really sick of their policies where we the customers are always paying for their mistakes. Its appealing really.

If I were running that show, I'd be sending out the proper batteries immediately, *requesting that you send back the 1600's on my dime, and apologizing for my mistake. Mistakes happen - I'm not saying they should be perfect - but when they do happen, they need to take appropriate responsibility. The party making the money should ALWAYS be taking the hit rather than the party spending the money. The only thing the person spending them money has done "wrong" is putting their faith in your business. The business should treat that faith as sacred and do what needs to be done to retain it.
s_mack is offline Find More Posts by s_mack
Old Sep 04, 2012, 12:12 PM
Innovator
United States, MI, White Lake
Joined May 2011
354 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by s_mack View Post
I'm really sick of their policies where we the customers are always paying for their mistakes. Its appealing really.

If I were running that show, I'd be sending out the proper batteries immediately, *requesting that you send back the 1600's on my dime, and apologizing for my mistake. Mistakes happen - I'm not saying they should be perfect - but when they do happen, they need to take appropriate responsibility. The party making the money should ALWAYS be taking the hit rather than the party spending the money. The only thing the person spending them money has done "wrong" is putting their faith in your business. The business should treat that faith as sacred and do what needs to be done to retain it.
I hope I didn't mislead you guys, I won't be out the money for the return shipping. They said they would cover that. The point is they won't send me the items I paid for until I send them back the stuff I didn't order.
I'm sorry I failed to mention the bit about them paying the return shipping. I was trying to shorten a long story and left that out by accident.

Danford1
danford1 is offline Find More Posts by danford1
Old Sep 04, 2012, 12:24 PM
San Jose, California
Joined Dec 2007
5,828 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by danford1 View Post
I hope I didn't mislead you guys, I won't be out the money for the return shipping. They said they would cover that. The point is they won't send me the items I paid for until I send them back the stuff I didn't order.
I'm sorry I failed to mention the bit about them paying the return shipping. I was trying to shorten a long story and left that out by accident.

Danford1
hmmmmm.... that sounds reasonable.

Yes. it'd be nice for them to send you the item first, but remember HK isn't a "red carpet" CS company. What you are asking is "red carpet" customer service....

Quite honestly, you can try Paypal, but it will take longer. I just had to do a dispute with RCtimer...Paypal gives the vendor 10 days to respond to the dispute...then from there you respond...and so on....By the time a resolution was mashed out, I was out almost 2 weeks

The USA warehouse will take you 3-5 days to get to them, and 3-5 days to get it back to you.