Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Aug 17, 2012, 07:40 PM
Wonderfully Wicked
Willoughby, Ohio
Joined Jan 2002
12,940 Posts
Rant
Please update your RMA policy/instructions

I recently had a charger go bad and sent in a support ticket to have it returned. I received an RMA number and sent the defective charger back. I was informed today by voice mail that I was also suppose to include all the additional cables and accessories that came with the charger or I will not get a replacement charger. Nowhere on the RMA instructions does it say to return all accessories with the defective charger. I sent the defective charger unit back and expected only a charger unit in return. I am not expecting your company to send me a whole new charger plus all the charger accessories that came with it.

I explained to the person on the support ticket system that I already paid almost $10 to ship the charger unit back and that I will have to pay another $6 to send the cables back and all they will do is throw them out. I do not understand why you can not simply open up a new charger box and take out the charger unit then keep all the accessories and send me just the charger unit. If your company policy is all accessories must be returned then tell that to people BEFORE they ship it back and include such instructions in the RMA instructions. I can understand the policy if you are shipping back more than what I returned but am not asking you to send more than what I returned. I sent back just a charger unit and want only back a charger unit. You can keep all the accessories. Why do I have to send these parts to you so you can throw them out? Then the next day you send me a charger with the same accessories back to me? All it does is wastes each other time.

Don
The Don is offline Find More Posts by The Don
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 28, 2012, 01:39 PM
Helicopter Baron
United States, CO, Golden
Joined Feb 2012
68 Posts
No offense but that seems pretty standard. If you return something to a store, even for an exchange, send everything. The only time I've heard of returning only part of a product is if you send something to a manufacturer for repair or replacement. Just saying...
spaaarky21 is offline Find More Posts by spaaarky21
Old Aug 28, 2012, 04:04 PM
Wonderfully Wicked
Willoughby, Ohio
Joined Jan 2002
12,940 Posts
I am not saying it is unfair, just to explain clearly the policy before not after the fact. The policy for mail in companies varies all over the place on returns. I can only go by the RMA instructions given to me. All they have to do in the instructions is state to make sure to include all accessories and manuals as received then you know what to do. If one of the charging cables was defective, I wonder if I would really have to send the charger back for a replacement cable.

I have sent the other items back so it has now cost me $15 to get a replacement for the defective charger I received.
The Don is offline Find More Posts by The Don
RCG Plus Member