Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Dec 05, 2012, 02:24 AM
Corflute Codger
Australia, New South Wales, Fernmount
Joined Feb 2011
581 Posts
"Your avitar is reminisant of the Welsh miners canary is that by design?

Texta on shirts is like corflute on model planes CHEAPO "

Did you see what he said? ( this quote is from another thread which I don't want to pump back up because he's just trying to make money. Not sure if that's called SPAM or not)
I'd be offended if it wasn't true. Some of my mates would much prefer to spend good dollars to crash and destroy a plane built in China. Then talk about the next model they want to buy to repeat the process.
Suckers!..... No imagination and always in awe of how I can crash hard and having it flying again in ten minutes. Takes all kinds.

Corflute, corflute, corflute! (and Texta)!!!!!!
flymess is offline Find More Posts by flymess
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 05, 2012, 04:10 AM
Corflute Codger
Joined Feb 2011
581 Posts
Baby Q

Just maidened my new build. It's just a mini Qhor with 16X16X1.5mm aluminium channel with corflute wing and tail. It was very, very windy so had to fly it a bit like a sloper and keep the nose into the wind but it performed beautifully and was a lot of fun.
The dimensions are roughly as follows. (keep in mind that I just make things to look about right)
Aluminium channel spine 500mm, Corflute wing Span 530mm, chord 300mm, Horizontal stab 280mm, Vertical stab 140mm. Ailerons 25mm, Elevator 40mm.
No rudder. 5gm servos.
I have fun making up simple planes and seeing if they fly. This one has an Emax CF2812 motor (about $7) and a 6" prop.
Have fun
Last edited by flymess; Dec 05, 2012 at 06:07 PM.
Old Dec 07, 2012, 07:34 PM
just about Anything can fly
Australia, NSW, Coffs Harbour
Joined Aug 2012
223 Posts
Don't know what i am going to do with those 500 gram servos i bought now.

A 5m span Qhor?
AERIAL MADMAN is offline Find More Posts by AERIAL MADMAN
Old Dec 09, 2012, 05:24 AM
Corflute Codger
Joined Feb 2011
581 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AERIAL MADMAN View Post
Don't know what i am going to do with those 500 gram servos i bought now.

A 5m span Qhor?
stick 'em in your as-new corflute build.

notice i have edited that small error, but you can sell those 500gms servos to me if you like because they are getting very rare and hard to find. I like to hoard stuff until it's collectable.
Old Jan 14, 2013, 01:06 AM
Joined Aug 2012
223 Posts
I would to see if anyone has built any kind of corflute plane recently?
fast and simple i have very quickly knocked together another small delta as my last one was great fun on 3s
Fast EP corflute combat wing. (4 min 17 sec)

now i will try a similar size with 4s
.they may not ALWAYS be pretty but they are friggin fun to fly and if you push your luck well you lost half an hour build time.give it a go,everybody haso spare parts laying around put them to good use
Old Jan 14, 2013, 08:11 PM
Corflute Codger
Joined Feb 2011
581 Posts
nice flight AM. sounds great and looks fast. Video is good. One thing your brother was good for eh?
Old Jan 16, 2013, 07:55 PM
Upside Doh!
Australia, NSW, Bexley North
Joined Dec 2011
41 Posts
Flying red shield.

Built this over the Christmas break. Still has a warpage issue causing it to appear tail heavy. Any ideas how to stiffen/straighten it without adding too much weight.

The Salvation Army Flying Red Shield (2 min 30 sec)
troymo is offline Find More Posts by troymo
Old Jan 16, 2013, 08:36 PM
N00b Sloper Addict
Australia, TAS, Brighton
Joined Dec 2005
1,438 Posts
Long Bamboo squewers through the flutes may help......
Parkflyer81 is offline Find More Posts by Parkflyer81
Old Jan 16, 2013, 09:55 PM
Build straight - Fly twisty
Australia, QLD, Little Mountain
Joined Feb 2010
4,209 Posts
haven't built anything with Corflute recently, but here's a build log of the one I accidentally built around 3 years ago.
If you have absolutely nothing better to do, take a look:
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1251483
It's done a lot of hours and is still going great.
Whiskers is offline Find More Posts by Whiskers
Last edited by Whiskers; Jan 18, 2013 at 08:19 PM.
Old Jan 17, 2013, 12:01 AM
Joined Aug 2012
223 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by troymo View Post
Built this over the Christmas break. Still has a warpage issue causing it to appear tail heavy. Any ideas how to stiffen/straighten it without adding too much weight.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w2o8nUIPMgk
hi Troy looks like a great wing,by looking at the video your only light way is the skewers or cf i would say 4-6 on each side and extend as far as possible beyond the fuse to the other wing"little skewers"get fat ones and trim more effort but much stronger.play with the cg a bit on a wing like that it would be very finite,check a flying wing calculator or post your basic squared off dimentions and i will give you an idea on CG

AM
Old Jan 17, 2013, 04:13 AM
DS state of origin NSW Vs QLD
Joined Jul 2009
1,371 Posts
If anyones interested, I built a delta wing after I met the fella that put these plans up on the interwebs 11 or so years ago. Flew great and plans are here http://www.zipworld.com.au/~dazb/dAzi/dAzi.html

Looks like this, the one on the right
Forrest12 is offline Find More Posts by Forrest12
Old Jan 17, 2013, 04:51 AM
Corflute Codger
Joined Feb 2011
581 Posts
[QUOTE=troymo;23837542]Built this over the Christmas break. Still has a warpage issue causing it to appear tail heavy. Any ideas how to stiffen/straighten it without adding too much weight.

You could simply move the V-tail fin forward a little. that may help to balance it out. It's not like you are looking for performance. seems to fly pretty nice for very slow flight. A bit of putty on the nose might help too
Old Jan 17, 2013, 04:55 AM
Corflute Codger
Joined Feb 2011
581 Posts
[QUOTE=Forrest12;23840382]If anyones interested, I built a delta wing after I met the fella that put these plans up on the interwebs 11 or so years ago.

Man, you stole my plane plann
so easy to build, aren't they?. great value and almost unbreakable. a great way to learn without tears.
Cheers
Old Jan 17, 2013, 08:25 PM
Upside Doh!
Australia, NSW, Bexley North
Joined Dec 2011
41 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AERIAL MADMAN View Post
hi Troy looks like a great wing,by looking at the video your only light way is the skewers or cf i would say 4-6 on each side and extend as far as possible beyond the fuse to the other wing"little skewers"get fat ones and trim more effort but much stronger.play with the cg a bit on a wing like that it would be very finite,check a flying wing calculator or post your basic squared off dimentions and i will give you an idea on CG

AM
I have the flutes running lengthwise, Also have one CF tube across the back of the wing near the CG, problem is that the upper corners have turned up slightly. Under power it lifts considerably during level flight but not so much when turning. Without power it dives as though it is nose heavy. I already have about 80-100 g of lead behind the motor.
I might try to give it a little down thrust on the motor.
I will also try to strategically place some more CF.

Thanks for the tips.
troymo is offline Find More Posts by troymo
Old Jan 19, 2013, 08:34 AM
Corflute Codger
Joined Feb 2011
581 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiskers View Post
haven't built anything with Corflute recently, but here's a build log of the one I accidentally built around 3 years ago.
If you have absolutely nothing better to do, take a look:
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1251483
It's done a lot of hours and is still going great.
sweet looking flyer.
you took some time and effort on that one. mine are much rougher