HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 17, 2012, 03:56 PM
Joined Aug 2012
3 Posts
Help!
Blaster 3 spread carbon vs orion dieser sport

Hello guys i want to buy my first good dlg glider and i don't know which i choose because i think both of them are good gliders and worth them money.I want one glider that can launch very high and catch good and easy thermals.Please help me guys beacause i am confused
krok is offline Find More Posts by krok
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 17, 2012, 04:46 PM
Joined Jan 2008
4,409 Posts
krok:

If you can fly RC already, then I can easily recommend the Blaster. Built by the book, if flies well and is a bit more robust than the other version. I currently fly two.

I cannot speak to the Orion - I have never even seen one. The crowd I run with flies other stuff.

Yours, Greg
glidermang is online now Find More Posts by glidermang
Old Aug 17, 2012, 05:05 PM
Joined Aug 2012
3 Posts
Thanks my friend i know that blaster 3 flies good but i want to know which launch higher and worth his money better than the other.
Old Aug 17, 2012, 06:17 PM
Team Hong Kong F3K
Hong Kong
Joined Sep 2010
3,021 Posts
If it were me I'd go with the B3. Proven performance, very good quality, and easy to get replacement parts.
ThomasLee is offline Find More Posts by ThomasLee
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Neos Layups
Old Aug 17, 2012, 07:05 PM
Joined Jan 2008
4,409 Posts
krok:

If the Orion had any sort of reputation, I think it would have been showing up. But, I know of no one who has flown one. It's a shame - it looks nice.

I have been campaigning my Blasters very hard, and at the Blue Skies of Utah, they were just fine, alongside the Big Boy's Toys like Polaris and Concept. I can sometimes sense the advantage that might come from a Polaris, Stoebel or Concept, but I can state without reservation that my Blasters did me just fine and I never wished I had another airplane.

Knowing nothing about the Orion, except that no one I know in the Four Corners has one, I can still assert that the Blaster 3 is a fine airplane. I wish I could say more about Orions, but they just aren't around.

Yours, Greg
glidermang is online now Find More Posts by glidermang
Old Aug 17, 2012, 08:06 PM
Father of Fr3aK, DLG Pilot
USA, OH, Worthington
Joined May 2002
6,663 Posts
I have seen and thrown the Orion. It's a very very nice light air ship with clean molding and nice lines. It's got a big wing but it's relatively thin so it still moves pretty well. I'm a big fan of the Blasters but I was highly impressed by the performance of the Orion.

The Blaster is more common so parts are everywhere but it's a tough choice.
tom43004 is offline Find More Posts by tom43004
Old Aug 18, 2012, 07:37 AM
Israel
Joined Jan 2005
138 Posts
I've flown Orion disser sport for a while.
It is a well built ship, the wing and the fuse are beautiful. The wing has gap seals already installed. Also it is almost immediately available. The launches are quiet and high. I had the opportunity to fly it only in calm air, it floats very nicely. It can be ballasted but I never had a chance to do it.

There are couple of things to mention if you choose to buy it:
The pod is very narrow, so gear fitting inside is not trivial.
The tails are thick and tend to buckle (I had the disser tails), the LE of the tails is not that nice.
Also the pod has very thin wall thickness, I managed to crack it on not so hard landing.

Dani
Dani123 is offline Find More Posts by Dani123
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 18, 2012, 09:45 AM
Munich
Joined Apr 2004
209 Posts
no doubt - Orion!
vitas is offline Find More Posts by vitas
Old Aug 18, 2012, 09:53 AM
Joined Aug 2012
3 Posts
Why vitas with no doupt tell us .Thanks a lot guys for your opinions.
Last edited by krok; Aug 18, 2012 at 08:57 PM.
Old Aug 19, 2012, 02:39 AM
Italy
Joined Jun 2004
205 Posts
Most of the launchers can reach higher launches with other models but, in the righ hands, also them can go very high.
gmo78 is offline Find More Posts by gmo78