HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 17, 2012, 07:43 AM
United States, AL, Fairhope
Joined Apr 2012
26 Posts
Discussion
First Customer Service Issue with HobbyK

Well on my 10th order with Hobby King I purchased my first heli 450. It came missing a flybar paddle and the belt broke as soon as I stretched it out. So I put in a request to get this resloved. It took a total of 3 days with several picutres and had to give the weight of my package etc. I ending up getting a $1.24 credit to my account for both parts which is the cost for them, howevever it costs $2.99 in shipping to get them? Shouldnt I get a credit for the shipping?? I know that the cost is small but its the point of the matter. I paid for the heli with the correct parts.

Little things like this irritate me, makes me want to give my money to someone else...
Venting...
hunter_michael is offline Find More Posts by hunter_michael
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 17, 2012, 07:38 PM
Cleveland
Joined Jun 2002
2,316 Posts
Of course HK should ship it free of charge. You paid 100% of the price, you are owed a complete, working heli without additional shipping fees. I cannot grasp the logic behind decisions like these. From a purely monetary standpoint, HK spent way more than the cost of the part in employee salary, email resources, time, etc. They would have been much further ahead had they simply shipped it frrom the first sign of trouble. As well, its nonsense to think poor/non existant customer service is a tradeoff for bottom rung pricing; people simply assume its true. Good luck with your heli.
Carnifax is offline Find More Posts by Carnifax
Old Aug 17, 2012, 09:38 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Dec 2010
353 Posts
Another HK customer gets kinged.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hunter_michael View Post
Well on my 10th order with Hobby King I purchased my first heli 450. It came missing a flybar paddle and the belt broke as soon as I stretched it out. So I put in a request to get this resloved. It took a total of 3 days with several picutres and had to give the weight of my package etc. I ending up getting a $1.24 credit to my account for both parts which is the cost for them, howevever it costs $2.99 in shipping to get them? Shouldnt I get a credit for the shipping?? I know that the cost is small but its the point of the matter. I paid for the heli with the correct parts.

Little things like this irritate me, makes me want to give my money to someone else...
Venting...
I guess it's too late now but in the future use Paypal and immediately open a HK ticket send them their pictures and what not and if the problem is not resolved to your satisfaction quickly file a claim with Paypal. (Item not as described) file for the entire cost of the item plus shipping. Escalate the claim as soon as possible and then let Paypal handle it. Do Not let them talk you into closing the claim.
You paid for a new complete and useable heli and you didn't get it. Demand what you consider a fair settlement, a new and useable heli or parts with shipping or refund including shipping and if they want the defective One back they should pay the return shipping also. Isn't your time and agrivation worth anything? That's what I would do.
valanti256 is offline Find More Posts by valanti256
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Aug 19, 2012, 07:30 AM
on the edge
United States, IL, Peoria
Joined Jul 2012
185 Posts
I don't think that the region over there has the same kind of experience with or expectations of customer service as we have in the US.

They should except their mistake and ship it for free.
franke is offline Find More Posts by franke