SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Nov 21, 2003, 08:13 PM
Columbus, OH
Joined Jun 2003
22 Posts
Feda All-in-one board problem

I recently got a used Dragonfly with the all-in-one board. It just starting acting weird today. When you plug in the battery (I am using Lipoly) the red light comes on the unit flashes as normal until everything is set. At this point all servos work normal. When I power up the main blades I get very little power and the red LED light gets dimmer and dimmer and then goes out and nothing works until I unplug the battery and plug it back in. Also the tail rotor will not spin up unless I force it to by moving the control stick. Anyone have any ideas?
Chris07 is offline Find More Posts by Chris07
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 22, 2003, 02:28 AM
Dallas, TX
Joined Jun 2003
465 Posts
That sounds more like a battery power problem. Use a volt meter and check the voltage to the board while under power. If the voltage is dropping more than a couple of volts you are having a power supply problem.

Possible causes are your battery charger is not working properly, your battery pack is getting weak, the battery to board plug is corroded or is not making good contact, or maybe even a bad solder connection.
Hooters Driver is offline Find More Posts by Hooters Driver
Old Nov 23, 2003, 09:35 AM
Houng-wen Lin
Shijr, Taiwan. DungGwan, China. City of Industry, California.
Joined Sep 2001
19,445 Posts
I don't know who make this board for FEDA.? GWS supply many of our electronics to them for a while, help Dragonfly get pretty good images in China.

Hope will not have to much problems with this board.

But you can think about GWS new 3 in 1 board.

R/C Groups Discussion > Helicopters - Electric > Micro-Helis > GWS PHA-01 for Micro Helicopter
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...hreadid=169762

http://www.gws.com.tw/english/produc...uit/pha-01.htm
GWS4CEO is offline Find More Posts by GWS4CEO