Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Aug 17, 2012, 12:31 AM
Joined Aug 2012
61 Posts
Discussion
rigging up a simulator with Turnigy 9x

OK. Started to implement an old solution using the soundcard. First problem, got horrendous audio interference through cable as soon as plugged in. Second problem. SmartProPlus has apparently been hijacked by the advertising and bloatware industry. I never arrived at the Generic choice, or at PPJoy, which also seems to have been hijacked (judging by separate search for it). I really need *up to date* guidance from someone who has very recently sucessfully got his/her Turnigy 9x working on a flight simulator program (preferably free). I do know to unplug the 2.4 Ghz module when trying this, but that's about all I know!

Perhaps a USB solution would be better. In which case would someone *please* give me the connections *that they have implemented successfully*! I'm perfectly OK with a soldering iron!
alan2 is offline Find More Posts by alan2
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 17, 2012, 01:34 AM
Australia, QLD
Joined Apr 2012
360 Posts
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...hoenix_RC.html

All you need is a usb adapter like this, then calibrate in windows joystick - but you will need to create a mix to get the aileron channel to work, google the mix or ask again when you get the adapter. Ebay also has them, you just need the 3.5mm jack into your trainer port.
micka80ella is offline Find More Posts by micka80ella
Old Aug 17, 2012, 02:05 AM
Joined Aug 2012
61 Posts
Wow! A bit over my head (Windows Joystick?) but I wanted to make my own USB cable without having to wait for shipping to Australia from Hobbyking? Any chnace of knowing the actual connections?
Old Aug 17, 2012, 02:15 AM
Australia, QLD
Joined Apr 2012
360 Posts
Thats a bit over my head would not have a clue on making that, trust me just buy the cable and wait.
micka80ella is offline Find More Posts by micka80ella
Old Aug 17, 2012, 03:15 PM
Joined Aug 2012
61 Posts
!! Someone somewhere must know which USB pins go to tip, ring, sleeve of the 3.5mm jack plug. Once I know that I can make the cable up in 20 mins for no cost from stuff I already have.
Old Aug 17, 2012, 10:01 PM
United States, UT, Herriman
Joined Jan 2012
1,845 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by alan2 View Post
!! Someone somewhere must know which USB pins go to tip, ring, sleeve of the 3.5mm jack plug. Once I know that I can make the cable up in 20 mins for no cost from stuff I already have.
Not possible. Usb requires specific digital signaling that the tx doesn't output. Those cables include a microcontroller that handle the conversion from ppm to USB/hid (joystick).
ttabbal is offline Find More Posts by ttabbal
Old Aug 17, 2012, 10:36 PM
United States, ID, Burley
Joined Mar 2012
3,282 Posts
Just get a $13 6 channel dynam simulator TX, they dont use batteries like the turnigy9x would and they work great, just plug into the usb port and set it up in the sim. http://www.hobbypartz.com/dynamflightsim.html
fastfwd is offline Find More Posts by fastfwd
Old Aug 18, 2012, 04:03 PM
Joined Aug 2012
61 Posts
To the last two posters, many thanks. On further enquiry I note that the 3.5mm to USB connection is actually achieved by a dongle, obviously where the input is also 3.5mm (I have plenty of 3.5mm to 3.5 mm leads). And obviously in the dongle there is the lectronics to do what you allude to. To the other poster. The whole point is to become familiar with the feel of the Turnigy, so I will contiue on that path.
Old Aug 24, 2012, 03:48 PM
Cheese eating monkey.
France, Bretagne, Rennes
Joined Jul 2011
230 Posts
Hello, I have my t9x working with RCdeskpilot, with an audio cable and smartpropoplus on Windows 7.

There is a "noise suppression" thing in Windows which mess up everything.

I've explained there: how to desactivate the "noise suppression".
Panoramix is offline Find More Posts by Panoramix
Old Aug 25, 2012, 05:28 AM
222 km/hr Parkjet flyer
Latvia / UK visits
Joined Jan 2010
8,266 Posts
a) join the 9x Yahoo group : http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Flysky_RC_radio/

b) Look in files section and download the PPjoy / Smart program utilities.

Forget about USB cables - the 9x will work via the audio ...

I use it on Win 7, XP without problem.

Nigel
solentlife is offline Find More Posts by solentlife