HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 11, 2012, 11:49 AM
Wherever you go there you are
United States, MN, Minneapolis
Joined Nov 2011
8,400 Posts
Nevermind.
7oneWo1f is offline Find More Posts by 7oneWo1f
Last edited by 7oneWo1f; Oct 11, 2012 at 12:34 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 11, 2012, 08:49 PM
VOLTS > AMPS
United States, MN, Buffalo
Joined Jul 2011
3,865 Posts
Done any watt readings wolfie and rpm readings?

I also run bullets so now xt-60's
stgdz is offline Find More Posts by stgdz
Old Oct 12, 2012, 12:18 AM
Singapore, Singapore
Joined Apr 2012
350 Posts
thanks guys
Since we're actually been in the LiPO game since 1996 and we went online with the FMA partnership a few years ago its my mission to bring LiPO's back to fair value good quality and true to specification performance.
In AUS and Sth Asia we're doing very well with our LiPO....probably because of the lower cost rates of shipping thus closer customers willing to try.

So rather than shipping LiPO to the USA warehouse and trying to guess inventory levels we're shipping all out LiPO from Singapore only. Our UPS rates are good and in the next few days we're halving the shipping rates of our LiPO so it'll be just as cheap as picking them up from the states.

We're sure you'll enjoy them along with the chargers you'll probably have the best energy system combination in the market

tk
john
REVOJohn is offline Find More Posts by REVOJohn
Old Oct 12, 2012, 01:31 AM
So. Cal.
Joined Oct 2004
7,947 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by REVOJohn View Post
its my mission to bring LiPO's back to fair value good quality and true to specification performance.
Does this mean that it is not unreasonable and folks should expect to see 60C continuous graphs (1 minute full discharge) of the "Diamond Label 60C" packs and with no damage sustained on multiple such discharges? Sweet!
mrforsyth is online now Find More Posts by mrforsyth
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 12, 2012, 05:55 AM
Southern Pride
Haralson County GA. USA
Joined Oct 2004
34,636 Posts
My last Revo LiPolys were from 2008 and while not bad I was not overly impressed with them either. Back then they were expensive as a 4S 3300 was $136.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=856410
everydayflyer is online now Find More Posts by everydayflyer
Old Oct 12, 2012, 09:59 AM
Singapore, Singapore
Joined Apr 2012
350 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrforsyth View Post
Does this mean that it is not unreasonable and folks should expect to see 60C continuous graphs (1 minute full discharge) of the "Diamond Label 60C" packs and with no damage sustained on multiple such discharges? Sweet!
yes correct.As a consumer also I only ask that when I buy something I get what I pay for at a fair price. Not unreasonable right? So why would I treat my customers otherwise.
Old Oct 12, 2012, 10:27 AM
So. Cal.
Joined Oct 2004
7,947 Posts
Quote:
yes correct.As a consumer also I only ask that when I buy something I get what I pay for at a fair price.
Great! These will be the first packs that have been demonstrated to be able to handle multiple discharges at greater than ~30C without being quickly destroyed from overheating.

I look forward to seeing the discharge curves.

Mark
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 12, 2012, 10:44 AM
Singapore, Singapore
Joined Apr 2012
350 Posts
Tks Mark
Glad to announce the birth of my son today. JohnConnor was born.

Anyway had a great idea between contractions.
Hows about we get a range of packs from diferent vendors and put them head to head on our factory equipment. Say an average 3300mAhr cell? ~40C and cycle them.

We'd only be able to do them at a cell level due to the power limitaions.
But....you guys name the brand and we;l do them. It'll take time but I hope you think its independent enough
Old Oct 12, 2012, 04:35 PM
Joined Nov 2011
8,400 Posts
Congratulations on your son. That is what is most important.

Hope the forums and marketing don't get under your skin.

Your offer sounds good. The Gens Ace 25C packs, sky lipo 40C packs are two popular packs. The expensive Thunder Power 65C is supposedly the cream of the crop, and good for a reference.

I'm no battery expert, but in practice, and ideally for my style of flying, what I really want is a light and low IR pack that is efficient over a 5 to 7 minute discharge and good for 200+ uses before performance degrades, and can be charged at 2C five minutes after a flight, with a mixture of hovering/rolling harriers, and speed runs.

1. Light as possible.
2. Five to seven minute discharge from 5C to 30C with 98% of the energy used going to power the ESC/motor/BEC, and not generating heat in the battery. It would be good to have a standard curve. In my flights, I often take off verticle full throttle while rolling, come back do a couple of speed passes, elevator or harrier into some 3D, and repeat. A doc austin full flight video on an MXS would be a good usage scenerio to emulate.

I've though about, but haven't yet done, an analysis of the trade-off of higher capacity lower C batteries versus lower capacity higher C batteries. (E.g., a 2200 65C versus a 2500 30C).
Old Oct 12, 2012, 05:46 PM
So. Cal.
Joined Oct 2004
7,947 Posts
Congrats on the birth of your son, John!

You have far more important concerns right now so no worries on the discharge tests! Perhaps when you're back on a normal sleep schedule we'll get to see the 60C graphs.

Regards,
Mark
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 12, 2012, 07:30 PM
Singapore, Singapore
Joined Apr 2012
350 Posts
thanks guys for the well wishes.

I think comparing packs we should have the same capacity and C rate and them cycle them at full power charge and discharge then check for swelling and heat generation.
I fell no point testing different C rates 98% energy out seems really tough too. I don;t think anyone would claim that on a spec sheet
Old Oct 12, 2012, 07:43 PM
Joined Nov 2011
8,400 Posts
Quote:
I fell no point testing different C rates 98% energy out seems really tough too. I don;t think anyone would claim that on a spec sheet
I agree. But nobody will drain their packs in one minute either--not intentionally.

Well, maybe they would. I don't know.
Last edited by 7oneWo1f; Oct 12, 2012 at 07:49 PM.
Old Oct 12, 2012, 08:03 PM
So. Cal.
Joined Oct 2004
7,947 Posts
Would prefer to compare to the rating rather than other brands. 50C+ packs from other brands can't even come close to their continuous rating without damaging heat rise. It's my hope that the 60C Diamond packs can actually meet their rating. If they can, they go to the top of my list of preferred lipolys.

-m.
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 13, 2012, 12:11 PM
Singapore, Singapore
Joined Apr 2012
350 Posts
thanks for that. We're very confident we meet out specs. Note also most of the heat generated during the discharge is towards the end also when the V drops and IR jumps.

FYI we just halved the shipping weights of all our LiPO to its cheaper to ship them around the world now with UPS.....3 days in your hands and made fresh on the day we ship
Old Oct 18, 2012, 09:02 AM
Singapore, Singapore
Joined Apr 2012
350 Posts
we've got comparative tests in excell. How do I post? Or should I just email the out?