SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Sep 20, 2012, 04:25 AM
Singapore, Singapore
Joined Apr 2012
389 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneWolfRC View Post
On one of my 4s 2200 mah batteries, two of the balance wires are already slipping out of the connector housing. This is dangerous, and the very first time I've seen this out of all of my batteries from any vendor. I am using an AB clip from ep-buddy (like I do on all my batteries) for strain relief on the balance connector. I believe the problem is the flip up tabs on two of the wirest that lock them in place were not bent in the right direction, and became weak during insertion/extraction from balance cable.
If you use an exacto knife simple pull up or down the latch and it'll sit back into place. We've aso noticed some Singapore customers coming in for battery servicng with loose heads. I can;t figureout why
REVOJohn is offline Find More Posts by REVOJohn
Site Sponsor
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 20, 2012, 09:34 AM
can't buy vaporware
United States, MN, Minneapolis
Joined Nov 2011
8,483 Posts
I tried that. It helped on some of the other marginal pins.

Could you send two more of the individual connector pins?

The metal tabs we're talking about became weak and don't hold anymore and are about to break. I have to pinch the wire and hold it firm against the ab clip to get the balance port connected as it is now.
7oneWo1f is offline Find More Posts by 7oneWo1f
Old Sep 20, 2012, 11:23 AM
Singapore, Singapore
Joined Apr 2012
389 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneWolfRC View Post
I tried that. It helped on some of the other marginal pins.

Could you send two more of the individual connector pins?

The metal tabs we're talking about became weak and don't hold anymore and are about to break. I have to pinch the wire and hold it firm against the ab clip to get the balance port connected as it is now.
You mean the metal heads?
Think you can crimp them in?
Email me: john@leoindustries.com
Site Sponsor
Old Sep 20, 2012, 12:31 PM
can't buy vaporware
Joined Nov 2011
8,483 Posts
I'll have to email you tonight, but yes, I would able to crimp them in. The ones now slide right out.
Old Sep 23, 2012, 01:43 AM
can't buy vaporware
Joined Nov 2011
8,483 Posts
Email sent.
Old Sep 27, 2012, 09:20 PM
can't buy vaporware
Joined Nov 2011
8,483 Posts
So, my son and I went to the flying field. Toward the end of our packs, I had an extra revolectrix 60c 2200 mah and he had two Gens Ace 25c 2200 mah. I told him to fly the last two gens ace but at the beginning and end of the flight do a speed pass. Then I let him do the same on my revolectrix. On the first pass on the Revolectrix, he said "wow". It was noticably faster even to me. So he did a few more speed passes, then on to his normal flying style (3D on an Extereme Flight Extra 300 EXP). At the end of the flight, he did a speed pass, and it was of course slower than the fresh battery, but still noticably faster compared to the Gens Ace 25c end of battery passes.

Now, it's not fair to compare a 25c battery to a 60c battery, but qualitatively, the 60C is a lot better according to my son.

Sorry, I still haven't taken the time to get CC log data downloaded. Too much other stuff going on.
Old Sep 28, 2012, 01:48 AM
Hemet, California, United States
Joined Aug 2001
2,654 Posts
Hi,

how does that 60C battery compare price wise to the Gen Ace 25C battery?

Thanks.

Mickydee
mickydee is online now Find More Posts by mickydee
Old Sep 28, 2012, 08:14 AM
Singapore, Singapore
Joined Apr 2012
389 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mickydee View Post
Hi,

how does that 60C battery compare price wise to the Gen Ace 25C battery?

Thanks.

Mickydee
Micky.............that was my next question.
Site Sponsor
Old Sep 28, 2012, 08:20 AM
can't buy vaporware
Joined Nov 2011
8,483 Posts
The past year was a never ending parade of the main US distributor not managing their inventory of their Gens Ace batteries. Most of the time they were not in stock, so the price point was often moot. Now that many of us are no longer subjecting ourselves to the tyranny of their purcahsing department's incompetence, I believe the gens ace batteries are actually available again...you guys can probably check prices as easily as I can.
Old Sep 28, 2012, 10:04 AM
can't buy vaporware
Joined Nov 2011
8,483 Posts
Gens Ace 25c 4s 2200: $22.31
Revolectrix diamond label 60C batteries : $33.30

Shipping excluded.

BTW, John, are you shipping these from the U.S. yet?
Old Sep 28, 2012, 08:56 PM
Singapore, Singapore
Joined Apr 2012
389 Posts
Pretty good price comparisiond.
In comparison our 40C is $29 and 20C is about 18 for a 3S 2100.

At the moment only from Singapore. Ask you question.
Do you think it worth us shipping them from USA?
1. Logistics hassle shipping them into the USA warehouse.
2. Price goes up.
3. The delta increase in price would be same as you shipping them in from Singapre with UPS - 3 days

What you all prefer?
Site Sponsor
Old Sep 28, 2012, 09:17 PM
can't buy vaporware
Joined Nov 2011
8,483 Posts
The major benefit to the gens ace 25c is free ground shipping for orders over $50. But the consistency probably isn't as good, and my 3D is getting to the point where I notice the difference. Hate wasting power heating the batteries. Compared to a thunder power, you're much cheaper...but I haven't flown thunder power yet, and would only consider it if I had AC for charging at the field.
Old Oct 11, 2012, 07:31 AM
VOLTS > AMPS
United States, MN, Buffalo
Joined Jul 2011
3,866 Posts
Any consensus on these PACKS?
stgdz is offline Find More Posts by stgdz
Old Oct 11, 2012, 11:28 AM
Singapore, Singapore
Joined Apr 2012
389 Posts
yah good point. Keep an eye out on the Revolectrix site....we halved the shipping weights of the packs. With UPS, 3 days delivery anywhere in the world.......woootwoooot
Site Sponsor
Old Oct 11, 2012, 12:44 PM
can't buy vaporware
Joined Nov 2011
8,483 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by stgdz View Post
Any consensus on these PACKS?
I'm using them...my son says they provide his Extra 300 EXP 48" noticably more power. I had an issue with one battery, and Revolectrix replaced the battery without any hassle. I would like to compare them to the 65C thunder powers (money no object comparison), as well as the glaciers, but I do have to say I prefer them over the Gens Ace 25c batteries for consistency (sample of 5 Revolectrix compared to a sample of 12 Gens Ace).

I do wish they would offer to solder the battery connector of your choice on though...I am sure their techs, doing this day in and day out with professional grade solder stations, can do it better than I can. Also, I don't like the black shrink wrap...

All in all, the batteries meet my expectations and Revolectrix is clearly looking to provide a good product at a fair price with good service, and they stand behind their batteries.