SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jan 09, 2013, 04:59 PM
Singapore, Singapore
Joined Apr 2012
377 Posts
wow US customs doing a good job. luckily they did not charge you.
yah we were told by customers that AWG8 was too thick and they could not attach their prefered connectors so now we're all back to AWG 10s........
REVOJohn is offline Find More Posts by REVOJohn
Site Sponsor
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 09, 2013, 05:28 PM
What's Nitro?
United States, IL, Schaumburg
Joined Dec 2007
760 Posts
Wynn, if/when you get the chance, would you mind measuring those 6s 5000mAh packs? I'm sure the spec sheet is available but (since spec sheets can be off slightly) I'd like to know 100% positively what their dimensions are.

Thanks.
RCnGuy is offline Find More Posts by RCnGuy
Old Jan 10, 2013, 02:32 PM
Lesson Learned = $$ Saved
United States, CA
Joined Jul 2005
744 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCnGuy View Post
Wynn, if/when you get the chance, would you mind measuring those 6s 5000mAh packs? I'm sure the spec sheet is available but (since spec sheets can be off slightly) I'd like to know 100% positively what their dimensions are.

Thanks.
- Weights were taken on a scale with a 0.1oz precision (non calibrated just a office scale we use for postage)
- Measurements were converted from inches (1/8" read) in to mm with 25.4 factor

Pack #1 1lb 11.1oz
Pack #2a 1lb 12.0oz
Pack #2b 1lb 12.0oz

All are approximately 155.5mm" Long x 46.0mm Wide x 49.2mm Tall. This is the pack dimension from the back to the front covering only. Probably another 13mm in the length if one needed to fold the main leads comfortably.

Wynn
Wynn1427 is offline Find More Posts by Wynn1427
Old Jan 10, 2013, 11:25 PM
What's Nitro?
United States, IL, Schaumburg
Joined Dec 2007
760 Posts
That's great, thanks Wynn.

My Hyperion VX 6s 5000's are 44mm wide and 53mm tall. With a 2mm piece of CF for protection they are within 4mm of hitting my Logo 500 pinion.

These new 60C Diamond Label packs will fit much better. I wonder how many cycles I'll get with my heavy current demands.

Now I'm definitely going to have to try one or two this season.
RCnGuy is offline Find More Posts by RCnGuy
Old Jan 12, 2013, 10:37 PM
dallas tx
Joined Jun 2003
2,882 Posts
When will these be sold by a USA vender? May try a pack soon?
capt soap is online now Find More Posts by capt soap
Old Jan 12, 2013, 11:31 PM
Singapore, Singapore
Joined Apr 2012
377 Posts
hey there capt soap
probably soon. but because we pack the fresh cells on the spot when we get your order and we have great fedex rates to your door we see no reason to have to stock them in usa. you can order direct from our international store and it'll be inyour hands in 4 days or lesser

if we stock in usa........prices go up. any reason you prefer them from a usa location/
Site Sponsor
Old Jan 20, 2013, 04:55 PM
Singapore, Singapore
Joined Apr 2012
377 Posts
ay thoughts from you guys on my last post/
Site Sponsor
Old Jan 20, 2013, 05:21 PM
Wherever you go there you are
United States, MN, Minneapolis
Joined Nov 2011
8,449 Posts
Makes sense to me. I think you explained it earlier in the thread too.
7oneWo1f is online now Find More Posts by 7oneWo1f
Old Jan 20, 2013, 06:42 PM
So. Cal.
Joined Oct 2004
8,087 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by REVOJohn View Post
any reason you prefer them from a usa location/
My reason - If packs arrive and are not as expected, it's a LOT easier and cheaper to return them to a domestic supplier than a foreign supplier. It's for this reason that I will only purchase lipolys larger than 2000mAh from a US stocking distributor.

The only lipolys that I will source internationally are my small 2S packs that are silly cheap. If I get a bum pack on occasion, I discharge and toss and I'm out very little.

Mark
mrforsyth is online now Find More Posts by mrforsyth
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 20, 2013, 07:03 PM
aka JetMan Joe
Joined Feb 2010
2,621 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by REVOJohn View Post
ay thoughts from you guys on my last post/
It's true that your service is great, I've purchased about 15 packs from you over the past few months and the 5000 tested right up there with the TP 5000 at 198A. http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...3#post23223191

However, as you know, I was surprised by the additional customs charges from FedEx and UPS. I thought the shipping charges covered that becasue I didn't read the "I Agree" statement so you might make that notice more prominent.

But is that why the prices go up if sold from US, because of the customs charges?
MCSGUY is online now Find More Posts by MCSGUY
Old Jan 20, 2013, 09:16 PM
USA
Joined Jan 2002
4,731 Posts
I must admit, had I known there were going to be additional customs charges, I would have never placed my order. However, I did not learn about the customs charges until after I placed my order. I recently received my order and was not informed by FedEx I owed any customs charges and I signed for my package in person. Also, my package was still sealed when it arrived so it was not opened and inspected by customs. I have no idea why some are getting hit with customs charges and some are not.
Ohmic is online now Find More Posts by Ohmic
Old Jan 20, 2013, 10:16 PM
aka JetMan Joe
Joined Feb 2010
2,621 Posts
It was the same for me, the FedEx charges arrived in the mail a week or so later, But don't get me wrong: The total cost when I look at the quality and performance is VERY competitive. I'm getting the performance of TP for about half the price after I pay the customs fee. I'm very satisfied
MCSGUY is online now Find More Posts by MCSGUY
Old Jan 20, 2013, 10:21 PM
USA
Joined Jan 2002
4,731 Posts
Thanks for raining on my parade. I guess I'm not off the hook yet. I'll keep you posted if I hear from FedEx.
Ohmic is online now Find More Posts by Ohmic
Old Jan 21, 2013, 12:04 AM
Singapore, Singapore
Joined Apr 2012
377 Posts
damn fedex./ ups even worse. there is a declaration letter in every package stating goods are made in singapore and under the sing/usa free trade agreement there should be no takes.......sometimes just up to the customs people and how they fell on the day. sometimes they don't charge taxes BUT......just the fee for opening the box
Site Sponsor
Old Jan 21, 2013, 12:07 AM
Singapore, Singapore
Joined Apr 2012
377 Posts
good idea.......we'll work on this expresso
Site Sponsor