HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 28, 2012, 08:19 PM
The Name Says It All
Joined Apr 2012
41 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by REVOJohn View Post
great to see someone actually doing these tests. good work.
we'll be performing such tests plus under cycle in the near future and publish also.

if i read it correctly it shows out lipo has the highest voltage over the whole discharge cycle//

also for the packs we have go to the international store xh section and you'll see the whole range 2200, 2600, 3300, 3700, 4400, 5000 which we believe is the most common

fyi we juist signed agreement with china battery factory to ove all their packing faciltiies to my factory in batam indonesia. so we'll always have stock of these high performance cells at factory pricing and delivery usually 3 days in your hands............

Do you have plans to bring the hard case packs to the USA store? the 3800 and/or the 6000?
Pete The Pro is offline Find More Posts by Pete The Pro
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 29, 2012, 01:19 AM
Wherever you go there you are
United States, MN, Minneapolis
Joined Nov 2011
8,453 Posts
John will deserve some credit when he gets his testing done, but MCSGUY really deserves a *LOT* of credit considering the time and expense of his measurements.
7oneWo1f is offline Find More Posts by 7oneWo1f
Old Dec 29, 2012, 03:00 AM
aka JetMan Joe
Joined Feb 2010
2,661 Posts
Good to hear from you John. Sounds great that you're going to move your point of shipping. I did end up getting dinged a little by FedEx getting through customs on my last order. Not too bad considering I'm getting essentially the same performance out of your's at half the price as I'm getting out of the TP's.

Thanks for the kudos LoneWolf, I've just about assembled a stack of fresh batteries to run 12S inductive testing on. Going to start breaking them in this week. I've added Glacier 35C, Haiyin 40C and NanoTech 65C A-Spec's to the mix.

Joe
MCSGUY is offline Find More Posts by MCSGUY
Last edited by MCSGUY; Dec 29, 2012 at 03:10 AM.
Old Dec 29, 2012, 07:22 PM
Singapore, Singapore
Joined Apr 2012
379 Posts
oh yah. about breaking them in.
there is no need to do so. just charge and play.

not sure where this myth about breaking in started but there is no need for it on lipo cells/packs that have been made right
REVOJohn is offline Find More Posts by REVOJohn
Site Sponsor
Old Dec 31, 2012, 12:51 AM
aka JetMan Joe
Joined Feb 2010
2,661 Posts
Here's one of the strongest proponents for battery break in: http://www.bvmjets.com/pages/lipobattbreakin.htm

BVM is well respected, I didn't think too much about it myself until I bought some TP 65C batteries that didn't show me squat for all the money I paid until I had a few flights on them and then they started to come on. I was trying to pull everything I could get out of them on a jet and tracking the speed so I could see the improvement. I've not noticed that on my GenAces or Hyperions but they're not rated for 65C.

Your batteries John seemed strong right out of the box but I have not had the weather to get much jet time in so I don't know if or how much they will change.
Old Dec 31, 2012, 07:36 PM
VOLTS > AMPS
United States, MN, Buffalo
Joined Jul 2011
3,866 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Marks View Post
Hi:

Here's how you get the Holiday Savings:

http://www.revolectrix.com/2012_Holiday.htm

Tim Marks
Finally got some time and ordered about $260 worth of batteries just now but the discount is not woking. I went ahead and e-mailed cindy.
stgdz is offline Find More Posts by stgdz
Old Jan 02, 2013, 12:57 AM
Singapore, Singapore
Joined Apr 2012
379 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MCSGUY View Post
Here's one of the strongest proponents for battery break in: http://www.bvmjets.com/pages/lipobattbreakin.htm

BVM is well respected, I didn't think too much about it myself until I bought some TP 65C batteries that didn't show me squat for all the money I paid until I had a few flights on them and then they started to come on. I was trying to pull everything I could get out of them on a jet and tracking the speed so I could see the improvement. I've not noticed that on my GenAces or Hyperions but they're not rated for 65C.

Your batteries John seemed strong right out of the box but I have not had the weather to get much jet time in so I don't know if or how much they will change.

the new lithium library website will expalin this must further in a few months but in brief......
lithium anode material does form a resistive layer at the time of manufcture but this is removed during the formation/cycling process in factory. only cells that have not been through this formation process need to be cycled before playing. but i still don;t see why formation process would be missed unless the factory is saving money and time by skipping these steps.

batteries made of lifepo4 material need pre-cycling so that the electrolyte fully seeps into the nano-material coating of the anode

nore detail when the new website opens
REVOJohn is offline Find More Posts by REVOJohn
Site Sponsor
Old Jan 02, 2013, 01:20 AM
aka JetMan Joe
Joined Feb 2010
2,661 Posts
Great info John, looking forward to the library posting
Old Jan 06, 2013, 04:49 PM
Australia, NSW, Sydney
Joined Aug 2010
13 Posts
Nice video on lipo production by REVOJohn.

REVO LIPO PRODUCTION (13 min 1 sec)
colcha is offline Find More Posts by colcha
Old Jan 09, 2013, 10:45 AM
VOLTS > AMPS
United States, MN, Buffalo
Joined Jul 2011
3,866 Posts
Got a call from fedex this morning asking about the batteries and what type they were. She mentioned customs and I was curious if I will see a customs bill.
stgdz is offline Find More Posts by stgdz
Old Jan 09, 2013, 12:46 PM
Lesson Learned = $$ Saved
United States, CA
Joined Jul 2005
744 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by stgdz View Post
Got a call from fedex this morning asking about the batteries and what type they were. She mentioned customs and I was curious if I will see a customs bill.
My order, just showed up yesterday and no questions asked. Had a bunch of green tape with inspected by customs and border protection. Looks like they had drilled down all the way through the package but everything still arived safe and sound. Friend has my crimper at the moment so hope to get some flights in next week. Looking forward to a new pack on my 550e. Only one is mine and other two are going to a friend of mine, guess its a good thing they have a nice charge rate.

Ordered Dec 28 and got shipment notification on Jan 7th and showed up on the Jan 8th, not a bad turn around at all and only about 7 business days including new years day.

Wynn
Wynn1427 is offline Find More Posts by Wynn1427
Old Jan 09, 2013, 01:17 PM
USA
Joined Jan 2002
4,783 Posts
Is that 10AWG wire on there?
Ohmic is online now Find More Posts by Ohmic
Old Jan 09, 2013, 03:40 PM
Lesson Learned = $$ Saved
United States, CA
Joined Jul 2005
744 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohmic View Post
Is that 10AWG wire on there?
Yes.

Wynn
Wynn1427 is offline Find More Posts by Wynn1427
Old Jan 09, 2013, 03:56 PM
Just flitting about!!
Joined Aug 2011
2,637 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynn1427 View Post
Yes.

Wynn
See, now this is interesting.

When I got these packs from Revo they came with 8AWG discharge wires and flexible soft balance wires.

Seems things change all the time, maybe?
bigroger is offline Find More Posts by bigroger
Old Jan 09, 2013, 04:49 PM
USA
Joined Jan 2002
4,783 Posts
I believe you can request either, but I was told they typically use 10AWG because 8AWG really limits your connector choices.
Ohmic is online now Find More Posts by Ohmic