Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Aug 23, 2012, 07:27 AM
Renton, Wa.
Joined Feb 2006
1,641 Posts
Hey cdee, have you had a chance, or do you still plan on trying a 100 gram motor on yours? I've got a 103 gram Torque I am going to try and wondered if I should pick up something lighter.
stevelmaa is online now Find More Posts by stevelmaa
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 23, 2012, 07:35 AM
Team Twisted!
United States, CO, Denver
Joined Jun 2011
1,673 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevelmaa View Post
Hey cdee, have you had a chance, or do you still plan on trying a 100 gram motor on yours? I've got a 103 gram Torque I am going to try and wondered if I should pick up something lighter.
I have not yet. The 100g motors will not be too much for this plane, but certainly would not go much bigger. I will try the 100g Motor from Twisted Hobbys' either tomorrow or Saturday and get feed back here to everyone on the thread. You will probably have to enlarge the cut out in the fuselage for the motor on the lower side, only take out as much as you need for clearance as there is also one of the carbon stiffeners that terminates right in that area.
cdee
cdee is online now Find More Posts by cdee
Old Aug 23, 2012, 08:32 AM
Renton, Wa.
Joined Feb 2006
1,641 Posts
Thanks cdee.
stevelmaa is online now Find More Posts by stevelmaa
Old Aug 23, 2012, 12:41 PM
My poor poor planes.
United States, LA, Lake Charles
Joined May 2012
327 Posts
The red one arrived today. Gonna put a 95gram Scorpion i already have. It will be finished by tomorrow, then i will post some pics for y'all.

Winn
winndaddy is offline Find More Posts by winndaddy
Old Aug 23, 2012, 01:13 PM
Team Twisted!
Joined Jun 2011
1,673 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by winndaddy View Post
The red one arrived today. Gonna put a 95gram Scorpion i already have. It will be finished by tomorrow, then i will post some pics for y'all.

Winn
Nice... have not seen any pics of the red one yet.... looking forward to that.
cdee
Old Aug 23, 2012, 06:22 PM
Shore Huckin'
Ohio
Joined Aug 2010
2,691 Posts
Great maiden on my Red 330.

Great harriers (upright and inverted), decent ke spins, nice blender, snaps, point rolls, hovers, torque rolls and even a ke loop and an inverted stationary flat spin.

I swapped out the 1mm diameter push rods for .048" as the 1mm was having a hard time pushing the rudder without deflecting. Now I get HAKE with no problems.

Overall, I had high expectations and this plane certainly did NOT disappoint.

My Setup:

Eflite 480 motor
11 x 4.7 APC Slow Flyer Prop
40 amp ESC
1800 mah lipo
TP MG90 (4 x)

AUW: 25 oz.

Notes: Stable, capable and lands light as a feather.

Great job Telink and Twisted Hobbys!!!
KE Spin is offline Find More Posts by KE Spin
Last edited by KE Spin; Aug 24, 2012 at 11:32 PM. Reason: Updated prop. Works great, electronics and motor cooler.
Old Aug 23, 2012, 09:16 PM
Team Twisted!
Joined Jun 2011
1,673 Posts
KE Spin...

Glad to hear that you were not disappointed! I am thoroughly enjoying mine as well.... it's a joy to fly.
cdee
Last edited by cdee; Aug 23, 2012 at 09:21 PM.
Old Aug 24, 2012, 02:36 AM
the bird that can't fly..
אוסטרליה
Joined Sep 2004
299 Posts

Great to hear that guys!

Have fun !
Ido ,
3dBuster is offline Find More Posts by 3dBuster
Old Aug 24, 2012, 02:48 AM
United Kingdom, Aviemore
Joined Feb 2005
3,244 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by KE Spin View Post
Great maiden on my Red 330.

Great harriers (upright and inverted), decent ke spins, nice blender, snaps, point rolls, hovers, torque rolls and even a ke loop and an inverted stationary flat spin.

I swapped out the 1mm diameter push rods for .048" as the 1mm was having a hard time pushing the rudder without deflecting. Now I get HAKE with no problems.

Overall, I had high expectations and this plane certainly did NOT disappoint.

My Setup:

Eflite 480 motor
11 x 5.5 Thin Electric APC Prop (will try 12 x 6 next)
40 amp ESC
1800 mah lipo
TP MG90 (4 x)

AUW: 25 oz.

Notes: Stable, capable and lands light as a feather.

Great job Telink and Twisted Hobbys!!!
Good to hear but where's the pics? not seen a red one built up yet
Aviefly is offline Find More Posts by Aviefly
Old Aug 24, 2012, 03:08 AM
Joined Apr 2007
73 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by KE Spin View Post
I'm suprised you needed to do that. I found that the tail surfaces were much better than the ailerons because of the hinging, and the rudder setup with the stock pushrod for me was fine. I put the barrel connector on upside down which makes the install ever so slightly fiddlier, but the geometry now is pretty good, and even on the outer hold of the control horn I have throws that hit the rudder on the elevator.

I can do KE loops on low rates - what more do you want??
slippyr4 is offline Find More Posts by slippyr4
Old Aug 24, 2012, 04:07 AM
Burke, VA
Joined Sep 2009
4,886 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdee View Post
The Side Force Generators on this plane are kinda like the SFG on the Crack planes, there are inboard from the wing tips, so it will need to be something a little different. There was a Post from Ido a while back, he suggested to leave the SFG off at first, so I did. I do want to add them on and try at sometime, just have not done so yet.
cdee
Hah, lost track of which thread I was in. I was thinking more like the ones on my big ExtraSlick.
jetinteriorguy is offline Find More Posts by jetinteriorguy
Old Aug 24, 2012, 04:22 AM
Joined Apr 2007
73 Posts
I'm not going to put the side force generators on mine. As I understand it, they increase the side area of the fuselage which can help KE performance - but I find that it really doesn't need it.

But the other effect is that is lowers the stall speed, which as far as I understand it, is not going to help in the harrier.

Just my 2p.
slippyr4 is offline Find More Posts by slippyr4
Old Aug 24, 2012, 04:52 AM
United Kingdom, Aviemore
Joined Feb 2005
3,244 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by slippyr4 View Post
I'm suprised you needed to do that. I found that the tail surfaces were much better than the ailerons because of the hinging, and the rudder setup with the stock pushrod for me was fine. I put the barrel connector on upside down which makes the install ever so slightly fiddlier, but the geometry now is pretty good, and even on the outer hold of the control horn I have throws that hit the rudder on the elevator.

I can do KE loops on low rates - what more do you want??
I've done the same thing on all my Telinks and the one's I've built for others. The pic of the Extra Slick I slipped some a 2mm carbon tube with a 1mm inside diameter hole over the stock rod before I put the small bend at the servo end. It does make it stiffer but my Yak which doesn't have it has been flying for well over a year and has hundreds and hundreds of flights on it doesn't miss it at all.

I'm so jealous of all you guys with the ExtraVaganza need to see more vids
Aviefly is offline Find More Posts by Aviefly
Old Aug 24, 2012, 12:41 PM
Shore Huckin'
Ohio
Joined Aug 2010
2,691 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by slippyr4 View Post
I'm not going to put the side force generators on mine. As I understand it, they increase the side area of the fuselage which can help KE performance - but I find that it really doesn't need it.

But the other effect is that is lowers the stall speed, which as far as I understand it, is not going to help in the harrier.

Just my 2p.
Probably more accurately described as wing fence or stall fence (rather than side force generator) and having flown with them both off and on, I can say that the plane flys better with them on.

You will certainly see improvements in harrier and when doing "elevators". Technically, in harrier, the wing is stalled but the "fences" keep air flowing straighter and provide resistance to yaw via the air that is flowing across the bottom of the airfoil as you harrier along.

I had been experimenting with wing fences prior to purchasing this plane and have found an almost universal improvment in slow flight and tracking with wing fences in place.

On the ke loop thing, I'm sure you can perform it on low rates but I'm looking for a tighter ke loop (like my Parkmaster that will turn in a plane length or so).
Last edited by KE Spin; Aug 24, 2012 at 12:52 PM.
Old Aug 24, 2012, 12:54 PM
Shore Huckin'
Ohio
Joined Aug 2010
2,691 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aviefly View Post
Good to hear but where's the pics? not seen a red one built up yet
Why certainly. Here ya go.