Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Aug 20, 2012, 01:17 PM
Suspended Account
United States, VA, Ashburn
Joined Apr 2012
2,784 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdee View Post
The bottom is completely white... a blank canvas...
cdee
Yeah big fat aj slick-style checkers would be cool.
RCAddict16 is offline Find More Posts by RCAddict16
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 20, 2012, 02:36 PM
Don't give in to gravity
USA, FL, Palm Harbor
Joined Dec 2009
1,948 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdee View Post
A taste of what some of you may have on the way, and others may be pondering!!
Watch it on youtube for a little better quality.... Enjoy!
cdee
http://youtu.be/7xTaAiTknX8
NIcely done Cdee! Looks like another winner for Telink and Twisted . So many great planes and so little time to fly. Thanks for posting the tail/rudder servo setup pics. Looks like they did not make much of a change from the 44" size. I guess if it works, don't change it.
Gravitycheat is online now Find More Posts by Gravitycheat
Old Aug 20, 2012, 03:27 PM
Team Twisted!
United States, CO, Denver
Joined Jun 2011
1,713 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gravitycheat View Post
NIcely done Cdee! Looks like another winner for Telink and Twisted . So many great planes and so little time to fly. Thanks for posting the tail/rudder servo setup pics. Looks like they did not make much of a change from the 44" size. I guess if it works, don't change it.
Thank you... and Indeed, the ExtraVaganza is a great new plane, fiber hinges on the tail feathers allows everything to work much more freely back there. There may be other ways to do the rudder push rod, what I have shown works will with minimal opportunity for deflection.
cdee
cdee is offline Find More Posts by cdee
Old Aug 20, 2012, 03:31 PM
Team Twisted!
United States, CA, Hercules
Joined Dec 2011
4,196 Posts
Ugh, i want one of these so bad but i've got other projects i'm working on. I'll just ask for this one for my Christmas/birthday gift maybe. It looks like it would be sooo much fun. I need some more foam in my life.
hone1er is online now Find More Posts by hone1er
Old Aug 20, 2012, 03:50 PM
Team Twisted!
Joined Jun 2011
1,713 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hone1er View Post
Ugh, i want one of these so bad but i've got other projects i'm working on. I'll just ask for this one for my Christmas/birthday gift maybe. It looks like it would be sooo much fun. I need some more foam in my life.
Oh yea, I had a blast flying mine the other day! Even though it was the first day out, it did not take much to get a feel for it. Maybe you could ask for one for Labor Day or Halloween?
cdee
Old Aug 20, 2012, 04:44 PM
Los Angeles, CA
Joined Mar 2004
1,169 Posts
Hi Cdee

Any news on the removable wing version?
any disadvantage of the detachable wing ?

Thanks
lv2soar is offline Find More Posts by lv2soar
Old Aug 20, 2012, 05:02 PM
Team Twisted!
Joined Jun 2011
1,713 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lv2soar View Post
Hi Cdee

Any news on the removable wing version?
any disadvantage of the detachable wing ?

Thanks
The removable wing version will not be as rigid as the fixed wing version, if however, having a removable wing is your only means to be able to transport the model, then the trade-off will have value. Also due to the additional parts, cost of the kit will be higher.
cdee
Old Aug 20, 2012, 11:24 PM
Team Twisted!
Joined Jun 2011
1,713 Posts
"The Build"

The Build (post #2) is complete. I will add detail and change/edit verbiage as necessary. It is hard to cover all the intimate details of a build. I have tried to cover it as throughly as possible, if there are areas that you feel need more attention please let me know...

As I have mentioned in an early posts, I want this to be the best tool possible for those that have interest in this plane. It will continue to be a work in progress, I will add some details to the "Upgrades and Mods" post (Post #3), and of course continue to monitor everyone's posts and respond the best I can. As I get more stick time with this plane I will also report back what I find.

It will not be long now until others get their kits and start flying them, I look forward to everyone's comments, pictures and videos.
cdee
Old Aug 21, 2012, 09:16 AM
My poor poor planes.
United States, LA, Lake Charles
Joined May 2012
327 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by KE Spin View Post
Will do.

I Think I will also paint some stripes or a checker board under the wing. :-)
What type of paint should be used on this type of foam? I don't want the wings to warp or anything. Its happen before. Haha...
winndaddy is offline Find More Posts by winndaddy
Old Aug 21, 2012, 09:36 AM
Team Twisted!
Joined Jun 2011
1,713 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by winndaddy View Post
What type of paint should be used on this type of foam? I don't want the wings to warp or anything. Its happen before. Haha...
DAN 5.0... do you have any advise on this?

I have heard that it is pretty wide open, but if you have had problems in the past, we want to get it right, I may do the same thing.

Anyone else have experience with the types of paint that work well on the EPP planes?
cdee
Old Aug 21, 2012, 09:40 AM
Renton, Wa.
Joined Feb 2006
1,678 Posts
As far as I know EPP is pretty forgiving on paints. I do know that Krylon Fusion paints from Ace work. Painted a foamie a couple weeks ago. No ill effects.
stevelmaa is offline Find More Posts by stevelmaa
Old Aug 21, 2012, 09:41 AM
Shore Huckin'
Ohio
Joined Aug 2010
2,693 Posts
I have used Ace Hardware "Premium Enamel" (in the spray can) which does leave some slight "etching" around the beads in EPO foam (haven't tried it on EPP). I have also tried it on DEPRON and it pretty much eats it alive...

Others have said that Rustoleum does not effect foam and of course there are water based paints available but I have heard that they lack adhesion and the coating does wear well.
KE Spin is offline Find More Posts by KE Spin
Old Aug 21, 2012, 11:06 AM
My poor poor planes.
United States, LA, Lake Charles
Joined May 2012
327 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevelmaa View Post
As far as I know EPP is pretty forgiving on paints. I do know that Krylon Fusion paints from Ace work. Painted a foamie a couple weeks ago. No ill effects.
It took more than 3 months before i noticed one of my foamies wings beginning to droop. Please continue, i know someones out there that has had long term success.
winndaddy is offline Find More Posts by winndaddy
Old Aug 21, 2012, 12:00 PM
Los Angeles, CA
Joined Mar 2004
1,169 Posts
I have great result with paint from Home Depot. for EPP

The key is to spray light, let it dried before doing
2nd cost and so on. If you spray heavy, it will eat
and warp the epp. Use Frogs Tape for maskingto
get a good clean edge with no paint bleed.
lv2soar is offline Find More Posts by lv2soar
Last edited by lv2soar; Aug 21, 2012 at 06:46 PM.
Old Aug 21, 2012, 12:19 PM
Shore Huckin'
Ohio
Joined Aug 2010
2,693 Posts
Which paint might that be? Can you share the brand name or more info?
KE Spin is offline Find More Posts by KE Spin